F1 2014 Modding Requests Thread

No I don't believe it does.

I modded many of those triggers_pit xml files for the 2012 game, it took me many hours. You can check the history of that mod if you need to. I can tell you that this game seems to be working ok without them. Not sure how you were able to open your database (I for some reason can't in this year's game), but setting the safety car chance to 1 everywhere and max safety cars in race to 3 or 4 should be enough from what know. I've put last year's realistic damage mod for the AI and player on my game and the first race I did at Albert Park with this mod installed two AI cars crashed on the side of the track and the safety car came out. Now there was another accident later in the race where another two AI cars crashed on the side of the track and there was no safety car deployed but yellow flags were displayed. Anyway, it's nothing the debugging options menu cannot fix.

Debugging options menu can be your friend here to call out more safety cars if you need to. Especially for anyone who is like me who is struggling to open this year's database with last year's modding tools.

Yeah, I know that there was ALOT of work in that safety car mod... And I tested the Safety Car in f1 2014 some more yesterday, And on a track like Interlagos it worked fine, but on Bahrain it just wouldnt get out. So maybe codemasters hasn't made it better in every track or something, but I can live with that... Don't need the safety car in every race...:p

Yeah, I know that there was ALOT of work in that safety car mod... And I tested the Safety Car in f1 2014 some more yesterday, And on a track like Interlagos it worked fine, but on Bahrain it just wouldnt get out. So maybe codemasters hasn't made it better in every track or something, but I can live with that... Don't need the safety car in every race...:p

In the database the chance for safety car in bahrain was 0.3 or something. Change that to 1 and it wil come out . But! On tracks with a huge run off area the safety car wont come out as often as on tracks with almost no run off areas.

My request: can some one make the hud show up on the original cockpit cam?

You just have to edit the camera file and rename the cockpit view head-cam, if I remember correctly. (like to head-cam1)

Of course one has to use Ryder's BXML Converter before, to edit the cameras.xml file

1. Sound mods can finally work, I have tested them with the V10 & V12 sound files from F1 2013
  2. The OSD was borrowed fast from F1 2013, here it is: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2014-sky-sports-styled-osd.3651/
;)

xjv3aawy.jpg
- ( I dont know if this is called a "HUD" or OSD :D my bad :b

There is a glitch in F1 2014. At certain tracks like Malaysia, Bahrain, Singapore, Hungary,Monaco,etc, all the AI drivers crash at a certain corner. This makes it very uncompetitive and boring. Please try and fix. Thanks for your time!:)

Thanks for the link, very much appreciated.
I did come across that one, but it didn't seem to be the one I was looking for.
I downloaded it and tried it, the data logger seem to work OK, but the Speedometer, PitBoard and FPS meter don't seem to work.
If anyone could make them work with F1 2014 that would be ace.
After 4 years, no one make this kind of mod except me. And I won't make speedometer even if I update DataLogger. So, probability is quite low, almost zero, I think.

• Deleted member 161052

After 4 years, no one make this kind of mod except me. And I won't make speedometer even if I update DataLogger. So, probability is quite low, almost zero, I think.
You mean "no one should make" or "no one makes"?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%