F1 2014 Modding Requests Thread

Hope it comes a safety car mod... its still almost impossible to bring out the safety car... I edited the database to safety car max chance in every track, but even when there was 2 cars on the track after a crash it was just yellow then green after a few secs... And sometimes not even yellow flag... So guess even this game needs trigger files or wathever it was in safety car mod for 2012...

No I don't believe it does.

I modded many of those triggers_pit xml files for the 2012 game, it took me many hours. You can check the history of that mod if you need to. I can tell you that this game seems to be working ok without them. Not sure how you were able to open your database (I for some reason can't in this year's game), but setting the safety car chance to 1 everywhere and max safety cars in race to 3 or 4 should be enough from what know. I've put last year's realistic damage mod for the AI and player on my game and the first race I did at Albert Park with this mod installed two AI cars crashed on the side of the track and the safety car came out. Now there was another accident later in the race where another two AI cars crashed on the side of the track and there was no safety car deployed but yellow flags were displayed. Anyway, it's nothing the debugging options menu cannot fix.

Debugging options menu can be your friend here to call out more safety cars if you need to. Especially for anyone who is like me who is struggling to open this year's database with last year's modding tools.

Do you guys think that would be possible to put in the game, the turbo sound when the car is reducing speed and gears? On real life we can hear a very nice sound of the turbo but in game we don't have it at all. Only when accelerating...

Is it possible to edit the McLaren in a way that we dont have that stupid pre-season bu**sh*t livery?
nah

anyway, can someone make a globe helmet?
globe.jpg

:roflmao:

Add circuits of Imola and Turkey.
Adjust the yellow of Red bull and make a beautiful skin for McLaren. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Hello,
Is it possible to make a sound mod? The sound is awful. I already got ear cancer... Also it would be nice if somebody could create a real life OSD. But if i look back at the past, nobody did a RL osd because it's not possible? :(

• Deleted member 161052

I have a bad feeling the modders aren't able to produce a correct McLaren skin mod because of the way the textures are in this new game ... S**t!!

then, what's your option? enjoying the livery as it is in this game, or switch back to 2013? :laugh:
Drive the Mercedes or updated Williams, that's my option. Ridiculous that McLaren fans are put in this position though - forced by Codemasters to race with a livery that was only present in pre-season testing is a joke ... & damn lazy too

Drive the Mercedes or updated Williams, that's my option. Ridiculous that McLaren fans are put in this position though - forced by Codemasters to race with a livery that was only present in pre-season testing is a joke ... & damn lazy too
i'm mad also for the preseason livery matey, i was preparing all the things needed and this is what Codies give to us.

what i though was.. "is the black silver paint related to Johnny Walker thingy? they didn't even put the Johnny Walker before Monaco". ridiculous

They still have the black/silver theme on the car, but I saw no Johnny Walker motifs on the car at Sochi. Very strange, and very disappointing. The very least Codemasters could have done is set the textures in a way that enabled the talented modders - such as yourself - to produce a correct one. They screwed us over both ways

i'm mad also for the preseason livery matey, i was preparing all the things needed and this is what Codies give to us.

what i though was.. "is the black silver paint related to Johnny Walker thingy? they didn't even put the Johnny Walker before Monaco". ridiculous
They still have the black/silver theme on the car, but I saw no Johnny Walker motifs on the car at Sochi. Very strange, and very disappointing. The very least Codemasters could have done is set the textures in a way that enabled the talented modders - such as yourself - to produce a correct one. They screwed us over both ways

In other words - McLaren is un****able unmoddable.

In other words - McLaren is un****able unmoddable.
time to revive my MP4-29 in 2013 with all versions pack, anyone?

Is there a database editor for F1 2014 yet?
I thing i am remembering to read in an official codemasters statement, that the nurburgring will be available in the game, but i can not find the track. Can some one help me?

It's a shame because I quite enjoy the handling of these new cars in 2014. Was looking forward to some kick-ass HD skin mods. Little details like this have let the game down :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back