Graham Laing

Retired Staff
F1 2014_ModdingForum.jpg

This thread is for F1 2014 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Anyone thinking that the cameras.xml file will be the same as in F1 2013?
I think so, because the helmets are the same as in 2012 and 2013.

If I edit the teams in the database, the tier and all that, lets say I make Lotus tier 2, will that effect the car im driving or just the AI? My last f1 game on pc was 2012, so I dont remember 100% correctly but I think I read somwhere than that if I change it in the database that only effects the AI cars...

If I edit the teams in the database, the tier and all that, lets say I make Lotus tier 2, will that effect the car im driving or just the AI? My last f1 game on pc was 2012, so I dont remember 100% correctly but I think I read somwhere than that if I change it in the database that only effects the AI cars...

Martin, like you were, I am also getting the failed to convert message when I try to open the database with the database editor. How did you fix this issue?

Edit: And to answer your question I believe it only affects the AI cars and not the human players car.

Last edited:
The .ctf affect a car's performance (A.I. and player depending on the changed file) more than the database, though.

Btw. (as I don't own this game I can't test it) try to edit the database with hex-editor, worked for me last year.

Is it possible to take the steering wheels files from 2013 and use them in this &/*! costly game? I mean, the interiors files of Lotus, Williams, Force India and Caterham (with the segmented leds). If it is, I "may" consider buying this botched up (lazy) version... :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 456 39.3%