no problem! :D No, a graphic program can't read pssg file. To open the pssg file you need EGO PSSG Editor. With this tool you extract the graphic files like car skins/helmets which are .dds files. For graphic programs like photoshop you may need some extra plugin to open these .dds files (just google this plugin for your program). Then you can edit them easily :D
Hey :)
It works now with paint.net. I finally can change liveries now :laugh: just not the flippin' car number.....if anyone edits car skins using paint.net, how do you change the car number on the skin?

Hey :)
It works now with paint.net. I finally can change liveries now :laugh: just not the flippin' car number.....if anyone edits car skins using paint.net, how do you change the car number on the skin?

What's exactly the problem? I insert the number as a text field and try to find a font which is similar to the original number. Also I try to get the same size & position.
After that I just fill the space including the original number with the background color

Last edited:
What's exactly the problem? :D I insert the number as a text field and try to find a font which is similar to the original number. Also I try to get the same size & position.
After that I just fill the space including the original number with the background color :D

If you are still struggling you can pm me, maybe I can help editing these numbers :D
Yeah ok, I'm just too dumb to get that done probably :whistling: but I guess I will get used to this and do it. Thanks for your help :)

Hey guys. Is there a way to create your custom starting grids for the quick race mode?

I saw something on the database.bin about the track grids, but didn't understand what to do.

Hello,

I was wondering where I can change the names of the drivers?
The mod I downloaded for Season 2017 is not complete, some names are missing, like Lance Stroll, Esteban Ocon. Where do I have to change them? I already changed de PSSG files but I can't find any name in there. Probably in the database or somewhere else?

Thank you for helping me out.

Hello!

Firstly sorry if this is in wrong section, please move it if it is.
I want to install some gloves and helmets for my F1 2014 BUT when I download mod and extract it all I got are some pictures of gloves, suits, helmets... I know I have to do something with them but I don't know what. No one from modders has wrote instructions, I quees everyone except me know this stuff, right? I installed ''Sulpa Helmet Packs'' with ''Ego PSSG Editor'' but he wrote down instruction how to. I also have ''Ryder Mod Manager'' if that helps. Anyway, will someone please explain to me how to install, for example, this gloves mod:

Gloves Team Manor 0.5:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gloves-team-manor.10820/

When I extract file I have 2 example pictures of how gloves should look like in-game and I got three wierd looking overlay (I suppose) pictures that I know I have to do something with them with some program but I just don't know how. SOS!
Sorry for my bad English and thank You in andvance!

EDIT: Solved!

Last edited:
** Note this post and the 3 above have been merged in from another thread **

A few things here ........

1. I hate mods that do not pack up the file for you to install directly. Personally I think it out of order to expect non-modders to find and learn how to use some software, just to install a helmet
  2. Modder's assume too much, I think that every mod should come with a read_me text file explaining installation. Once you have written it, it can be used with just about any mod, so it's not like you have to re-write it every time you create a mod
  3. At the OP, you linked to the download thread, but direct to the 'Overview' tab. There is an overview, review, version history, and a support tab. The support tab is for asking questions about the mod, and that can included installation (if the modder has not supplied a read_me file)
  4. Off topic a bit - But 3. above is important, members should stop asking questions in the review tab, the review tab is just for reviews, the support tab is for questions
Meanwhile I am moving this to the modding questions thread,, which is a sticky at the top of the modding forum

Here is sticky about installing mods into F1 2014, but it does NOT included editing .PSSG or .erp files etc. (because that is not the norm)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-install-a-mod-into-f1-2014.93399/

@zoranzoki Personally If I saw a helmet mod which just contained image files,, I would give it a miss and download another mod that has already compiled the actual game file(s)

Last edited:
how to convert mods pc file to xbox 360 f1 2014 file? can someone help me please?
As far as I am aware there is no F1 console modding, for a start M$ and Sony like to control their systems and what is allowed on their network. Modding doesn't fit into their scheme of things.

Technically I suppose it could be possible, but probably requires too much effort.

Essentially this is why I will never get a console, only the PC has the flexibility I like in gaming and applications, nothing else comes close.

Now I will merge this thread into the correct thread in the modding forum, the modding questions sticky thread.

Hey guys :)
just a question that I asked myself.....if I download skins for F1 2012 or 2013, are they compatible with F1 2014? So can I use them and they work?

Hi everyone,

there are a lot of pages and i'm sorry if someone prior asked this buuuuut:

When i'm modding a skin on some cars, some logos tend to not mirror correctly on the other side.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, would love to finish this Williams Fantasy Livery ASAP and put it on DL. :D

example:

qwqqww.jpg
williams hype.jpg

Hey, I've got a question. Can I change the picture of drivers?
e.g. when i choose them for grand prix or in career as partner
I'm asking because i know how to change their names and i wanna to change pictures too to create new drivers that replace them, but i don't know how. Please help!

Hey, I've got a question. Can I change the picture of drivers?
e.g. when i choose them for grand prix or in career as partner
I'm asking because i know how to change their names and i wanna to change pictures too to create new drivers that replace them, but i don't know how. Please help!
And if it's possible to change nationality

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years