F1 2014 F1 2014 - Ideas and Wish List

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Scrap the stupid wasted effect we get when the car is terminally damaged. If I crash, I want to control the skids if possible, and I would like to actually see the crash in real time.

Sort out the stupid thing that leaves you with corrupted save files

No! Commentary is not good for the game. You are a driver not a spectator.
I didn't word what I said correctly, I only suggested this for the people in Multiplayer that are spectating the race. Apologies. I honestly only want more customization to my young driver, and hopefully they do that or I won't be buying it next year. I don't really appreciate how they just up the graphics, change the physics hardly any, and take what they took from the old game, slap a new year over the old case, and call it a game. Kind of like the Madden EA series, or honestly any sports game. This is just my opinion though.

My Wish List

Pitstops - Have some element of player control such as being able to break and steer into your garage.

Interviews - Have Coultard or Croft interviewing you after the race and making your answer have an affect on which team s are interested.

Reliability of Cars - More breakdowns in a season, have the player and AI affected by reliability problems.

Knowledge - Bring back the ability toseen info about drivers and teams like in 2011 and 2010.

Strategies - Allow the player multiple strategy choices and have AI using more strategies than current. In wet conditions teams need to gamble on strategy, this can sometimeswork and sometimes not.

Improved Penalties - Add stop and go
penalties and give other drivers more penalties.

Steering - Only minor, but have the rotation to 200 degrees not the current amount.

Season Challenge - Ditch it, it serves no purpose.

Race Engineer - Make it more dynamic, have different engineers. Speak less, but when he does speak, make him give more useful stuff like, "Maldonado's crashed at turn four, we may have a safety car, we may need to pit." This would really improve the experience.

Safety Car - Have more of them, and allow the player to control their car under the safety car instead of the crappy auto brake.

Flags - The red flag should be brought out more frequently, and should come out if the case of serious rainfall. Blue flags should be taken more seriously.

Lapped Cars - I hate it when Chilton stays on the racing line to the final moment before he moves, but it means i move, hit the back of him and get a penalty. Also gives cars more punishments for impeding a lap in Quali.

Super-licences - Bring these into the game and be able to get points on them which leads to a race ban if you accumulate twelve of these.

Things that REALLY need changing or adding:

Sidepod glitch: Fix it, all players get it. It is the one thing that stopped me playing 2013 for 3 weeks.

Safety Car: See above point.

Lapped Cars: See above point.

Race Engineer: See above point.

LESS important things:

Helmet Cam: Add this would create an excellent immersion level.

Team Orders: Stirring up team rivalry will make the game more exciting.

Team Mate: Ability to see his strategy and ask for him to get out the way, or to speed up, or to slow up another car.

I think f1 2014 is the same than f1 2013 they saved their money to focus on f1 2015
At least we can have some hope for early 2015, after all , the fact that they are going next gen less than a year from their 2014 release its good news to me.Lets hope that with the next gen iteration we get some important improvements rather than just a face lift, specially on PC.Im tired of consoles limiting what us PC gamers are given each year.

Well here's my wishlist

-GP2
-Driver remove the visor protector.
-When u lock your front tires see that part darker
-While we are behind the safety car, see the crashed car be removed and Marshalls removing debris from the track
-AI saves your driving style when you are doing the Practice Session
-Saves your setups without going each circuits

Let's say this one is for F1 2015, since F1 2014 feautres have been announced already :D

Being able to customise your driver. Face, height, weight, gloves, etc. Something like in FIFA, not too complicated, but simple.

Real life F1 only goes to about 230 at most and that's only at Monaco

Uhhhh... no.

This is about 210 degrees, and that's 1 way. So around 420 degrees:
zsRhT.jpg

This has always confused me a little when people talk about steering rotation. Do you count it going 1 way or both? So from straight to left is about 210-230 degrees in an F1 car. So is the steering rotation then that, or from full lock left through straight to full lock right? (420-460) I don't think i can change the rotation on my wheel, but its always slightly confused me when people talk about it.

How about a non-2014 track DLC? All the tracks featured on F1s 2010-13 that aren't in 2014.
So: Istanbul, Valencia, Nurburgring, Yeongam, Buddh, Brands Hatch, Jerez, Estoril and Imola. All with proper DRS zones of course.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%