F1 2014 F1 2014 - Ideas and Wish List

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
I think its time for CM to make a real life day to night cycle for F1
We have races in different conditions like Day Race and Night race
The FP1 or Fp3 in Singapore starts with evening light and progress to night and track will lit up with lights , But when we go for FP3 in Singapore its dark already ,
Also 3 major aspects needed to be improved - Grip of track on different conditions , Different Weather cycles , The Temp and Wind of the track
Grip:
Right now CM did a good step of switching of grip levels in wet conditions but they still need to improve and especially for AI they some times set dry pace on inters , The Grip in wet conditions must be so less compared to Dry level
Weather Cycle:
Weather is most important in any F1 game , we saw a Complete wet session in Q2 with wet tires but Q3 will be borne dry how is that possible in real world, If Q3 is dry we still start with Inters and possibly if track is dry on racing line then only teams switch to Dry tires
So it must not be overlooked
If FP3 is wet then even if Q is dry the Q1 must have the very low grip similar to FP1 conditions or even worse due to rubber wash out this must be implemented unlike the standard and pre-determined Values for Grip for a specific session
Temp and Wind:
Until now lot of people doesn't even know what is a head wind and what is a tail wind
and how the change in temps and wind effect the temps
Track Based Setup for AI:
AI needs to have different setup not like Generic high med low settings we have now, Every track will have its own no team will run a Monza setup in Monaco or vice versa but AI runs the similar setup with changes to Aero levels(I'm not too sure about this), A Specific track setup will enhance racing much more

Last edited:
I love f12013, but this is my wishlist for 2014

Saveable online race replays.
Better quality replays = TV camera angles.
Formation lap for online races.
A more informative, intelligent engineer, that can understand changing strategies/weather conditions.
Tracks & curbs need to look dirtier, more marbles/skid marks
More intelligent & fair penalty system

And overall more atmosphere, make it beautiful!

It's been 4 games and they're still yet to design an AI that can overtake the player unless you move off line and brake 300m earlier than you need to. I guess that would be on a miracle list rather than wish. :roflmao:

I played through the career mode on F12010, but since F12011 I have mostly played online. I think F12013 is at it's BEST when played online. Nothing beats racing with real decent respectful racers. It's the most thrilling experience you can have with this game. So much more rewarding to race, battle and win against real people than the so called "AI". There needs to be better online support though, and a more efficient way to filter out all the cheats/timewasters. They just play to ruin the race for everyone else by taking people out on the first corner. Spoils it

Let's start the long list:

The paddock:

Reworking career mode
Career mode is just plain race after race after race. To make it unique you need to introduce off-track things, such as interviews, teammate battles, etc. After race cutscenes need to vary, rather than being 10 sec sadface for P4-22 and 10 second happiness for P1-3.

Multiplayer career
Not just a co-op career. Let more than 2 people fight for the entire season!

Editors
It doesn't take a lot to give us helmet/car/even database editor, if you release a game so close to the season end. Let people make some work for you!

Unique game modes
F1 is more than just drivers. Introduce more game modes, like the Steward mode, where YOU are making the decisions about penalties and SC instead of messy AI. Of course it can be exploited, but you can add ranks for stewards. If they drop beyond certain point, they can't be stewards for some time.

Spectator Mode from the very beginning will give the power to Online Leagues. Commentators will be free to choose who to follow or just have random/not so random footage to work with. Sticking to 1 car is not the best idea for them.

Team Manager/Engineer mode gives tycoon people something to play with. Finances and other management things will look cool and Being the race engineer and communicating with drivers while having the telemetry will be interesting as well.

And imagine the combination of it all in online! The organised league can have A LOT of different tasks for different people! 22 pilots, 11 Engineers, 1-2 stewards, 2 commentators...

Theatre Mode
As much as I hate CoD, their Theatre mode is so awesome! Wathcing race with different stats and multiple cameras would be a fantastic thing for commentators/spectators/viewers. Save the replay and send it to others to watch ingame! Edit the raw footage and save it to your hard drive! Add the commentary on the fly to include to the recording!

The gameplay:

Practice
Re-introduce FP1-2, if players need it, use the toggle. Mid-season testing with objectives give career mode even more stuff to play with. Give players the chance to drive without competitive racing for once, it can be interesting too!

AI
New AI. For sure. Return lap blocking in quali, cowards in races, no-collision races... This makes the racing boring - AI being either stupid or predictable. You can always defend by late-braking, AI will always stay behind, being afraid to risk and attack. Pit-stop will take ages, if a few cars will enter pit-lane within a few seconds from each other. They don't even spin out! Race engineer should not tell you "There are a lot of acrs on track today", instead he should tell you who is on different tyres and other important stuff. He should give you mid-race addvice, cause he is the one who sees the whole picture!

Penalty system
Enough said. It is horrible. Even improve it A LOT, or let players handle the issue, as suggested in "Unique Game Modes"

Damage
First of all, how cheap do you need to be to avoid animating the broken car removal. At least use the pit crew quali animation, when they push the car away. Also, let they debris stay for some time, make drivers work their way around, giving them a chance to have a puncture. Send the SC out and when no one is around, remove the debris.

Add technical failures, which will force the car to retire if damaged (drivetrain, engine, etc.), introduce random failures (not just KERS/DRS failures) based on teams IRL performance. IF players do not want to randomly retire, they can turn mechanical failures off in the damage menu, just add the slider.

More Than Just A Race
F1 is not just a race from green to checkered. Small stuff like a warm laps are important as well. Introduce manual warm-up laps, so drivers will be responsible for tyre performance during the start.

Add jumpstarts to make players actually react to the start.

Add manual pit stops to make players work even there to get the car in and out of the pits in the least amount of time possible without getting a penalty.

Add the after race return lap to let the players celebrate their victory! And for those aggressive drivers, make them drive back to pits with that fuel, which is left on-board. Fuel management to the max!

------

I have so more minor wishes, but here ends my list. Hopefully, one day I will see a perfect F1 game.

One thing I would really love to see is punishing the players when they make a mistake, like floor damage if you go hard across grass/gravel and the car spins when you touch the grass on the side under braking etc. And also realistic damage, like part of you front wing breaks off easily when you touch another car.

• Deleted member 161052

Here's my list that I want to see in F1 2014.

Classic Cars
1980's
The cars from the 80's should include the Ferrari 126C2 from 1982 and McLaren MP4/4 from 1988, where Ayrton Senna took his first title.

1990's
The cars from the 90's should include 4-8 cars from 1994 and the McLaren MP4/6 from 1991, where Ayrton Senna took his last title.

Cameras
I would like to see ultra-realistic cameras such as the Helmet Camera view below:
...and the very realistic TV Pod Offset camera like this below.
467707226_640.jpg

Tracks
I would like to see a pre-1994 Imola track, but the post-1994 Imola should also include in the game. The pre-2007 Spa-Francorchamps is also a track that I would like to see in the game, because it reminds me of GTR2 and Need for Speed: Shift. Adelaide should also include in it. However, here's the rest of my circuits wishlist:
  • Okayama
  • Mexico
  • and Nürburgring (note: Bonus Track list only).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also love to see...
F1TV
Being able to watch the FOM broadcast, such as what was in F1-2006 (PS2)

I seriously miss that aspect of being able to witness the other drivers during qualifying, checking the times and witnessing all the competition as I would on the TV. The actual F1 drivers have that feed accessible on their monitor.

Broadcast Camera Angles
The same camera angles as what we see on TV. For replays and during Qualifying with the aforementioned F1TV

I consider it to be if we could start their own team in the game, so you should not miss out on any of the pilots. Before you ask about his career in the game that you want to start your own team or join an existing one you want. We can choose some shape of car, and some are painting, we can select engine suppliers. We would give his own name for the team. I do not consider advantageous if an existing pilots should be taken out of the game to sit in his place.

I wouldn't mind having a realistic style pitstops where problems can occur and etc. also, a training system where we could better the pit crew to provide faster stops and such.

Also would like to see start laps and parade laps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.6%