F1 2014 F1 2014 - Ideas and Wish List

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
It needs to say valid things as well! In one of my league races it said fuel usage was fine and i could turn up to mix 3 and it wasn't! I ran out of fuel on the last lap and lost a position as a result.

Improved Communication- I don't get much help from the race engineer. Especially frustrating is when you start a new stint on primes, but he still tells me I will have trouble catching the car on worn options.

1. Simpler skins file structure so modders can truly play. Didn't even get 2013 b/c of this one issue.

2. Make the visuals more exciting. I want to "feel" the speed, I want to see the landscape warp and blur when the car accelerates up through the gears and whips around high speed corners. The sound should be intense especially at the start, the visuals should be way more visceral and violent.

3. Find a better balance b/w AI performance and driver skill especially in the wet.

4. Allow for greater in-game customization of cpu driver skill/team/car ability, rules. Let me create my F1 universe in an easier way than having to go through the back end.

5. Create a greater sense of team/factory/car development and tie it to your performance or completion of certain tasks. Make R&D more elaborate, not just a couple of laps in practice every other race. Give me 10, 20 things to achieve per race, in race, and let me choose which ones I want to go after to tailor to my car, my team, my needs.

6. Dynamic car failures. In-race challenges to keep the car within certain performance boundaries or risk blowing the engine or destroying the tires, etc.

7. One shot qualifying with setups. Three stepped qualifying is terrible but it's the only way to get custom setups.

8. Improve technical assistance from mechanics. Player should be advised AT ALL TIMES as to exactly what the track conditions are and what other teams are doing. If a team is preparing to change to inters/wets I want to know that before I pass the pits especially if the track is about to fall off a cliff.

Last edited:
Full control of the car in pit stops.
Formation lap.
More communication between the team and the driver.
Delete "hello this is f1 201x" at start of the game.
Game release at least at mid of the season. As you may now codemasters has a limited license, so they can only make the cars from australia (they can´t add any feature to a car if that feature is not from the gp of australia); so i think they should release the game sooner than other years, because i don´t think that making 22 cars takes 7 months; from march (this year january because the release of the cars was sooner than other years) to october.
Lasser escanned tracks would be awesome but i am 100% sure this is impossible for them.

All this features would improve the game a lot, and would worth to buy the game; because in the lasts years the game has not change enough to pay 40 euros for each year version.

1st on my list is GET RID OF MIRRORED TEXTURES !!! 2nd on my wish list is different R&D paths, like when you want less tyre wear that will be researched (like for mercedes last year) or better top speed at the cost of some downforce (red bull). acces to dlc would also be handy

Last edited:
I don't see how commentary would make the game better.I mean why you need voice when you are focused in a battle?
And F1 drivers wont get commentary when they race.:laugh::laugh::laugh:.So your comment to being an F1 driver dont make sense.

Having immersion as a gamer is purely a subjective experience.
It works just as well having a true to life and fully realistic immersion setup for some people as it does a complete arcade or TV style setup for others. Having options to toggle on and off for personal preference to make the gameplay more enjoyable for the user is always good, the more options and variations available the better. If you don't want commentary you can easily just turn it off. :p

On saying that, commentary always tends to get old and repetitive pretty fast for regular racers so it would need to be developed and implemented fairly well.

Its a shame that we can not import the 3D Models into any of these F1 games I suppose this will be for Assetto instead :thumbsup:
Untitled-1.jpg

I hope that game goes more like a televisionbroadcast:
- Race start like real life with warm-up lap.
- Race startmenu when you check you pit stop strategy etc. like in this video:
0:00-->0:58
- HUD from a televisionbroadcast:
- Some intro song for races example:

And my gameplay wishes:
- Make setups for different wheels. I played with logitech driving force by using original codemasters setup. My friend said when we played CO-OP career that it look like I made some fixing move when I drive. We made changes and try again and again to fix that.

- Wheel abrasion HUD with percents not colours.

- Fix that weird bug where AI drivers stop car in practice.

For the race tracks:
- Make all of tracks to model year 2014. Example F1 2013 Korea pitline is really from 2012.

Game modes:
- I hope that multiplayer gets more bette tools to moderate and host online leagues.

- Classic mode with early 2000's cars. And some tracks like Istanbul Park.

- CO-OP race mode where you can be race engineer (I tried that with my friend when we play co-op career and I crashed car. It was fun.)

- Career mode where I can be race engineer.

-Winter test to career mode

Extra:
- Some extra videos making of game, inside pitline, tips from drivers,interview etc.

Better immersion is a must but as was mentioed above this is different for each player a podium/garage celbration and warm up lap even if they were fully AI controlled (as long as there are like 15 different animations to keep it fresh) would be great having the engineer tell u the different tyre compounds that the other drivers were on, when they expected them to pit fuel tips etc would always make the warm up lap fresh. With this also needs a better OSD.

Make the game look better most of us here would have pretty serious gaming rigs and all the f1 games from codies have looked alright and no better with settings maxed straight out of the box then the modders (god bless the modders!!!) Make double hd cars tracks etc codies should do this the game should be the cutting edge of what is possible of the game engine and noting less. As usual less bugs would be great to lol

Last but not least codies need to stop making the game harder to mod its such a stupid decision on there part modders keep games alive I am not a modder at all I play around with the db and the ctf files but what the community make here for nothing blows my mind sometimes. Codoes have to embrace this and stop hindering the efforts of people who are simply making their product better and getting more people to buy it I was happy with F12011 untill I saw what the mods for 2012 were doing and I grabbed it of steam.

F12013 was and is a fun game F12014 should be fun, modifiable, and suck u in to it so you forget that its a game and really get the shits when u get overtaken by kimi in the ferrari at the hairpin in canada or stuf the car into the wall in singapore going for pole !!

Well I don't expect much if cm stays. I kept my hopes for a few years now, but everytime I got dissapointed. Everytime a little bit improvement but not much. And now that I have bought Assetto Corsa I'm not getting back to f1, unless someone else creates it

I think that the game should also have "dynamic" tracks. A little bit like the crash with Max Chilton and Pastor Maldonado (would be cool to see the games' wings change so that they're kinda pointing downwards after a crash. If that's the scenario). Basically some of the wall got "ripped" out, bringing a red flag. That should be implemented because even after a 150 hours of gameplay, I've never had a red flag...

I've had a red flag.

Too bad it was after I got disqualified for the stunt xD.

I've had a red flag.

Too bad it was after I got disqualified for the stunt xD.
Who caused it? You or someone else... Because I can myself go to Monaco, cut the first corner. Put the car to reverse and spin so that I crash into everybody :thumbsup: But I've never had a red flag where I didn't cause it...

Borrow Nick Wiswell and his audio team from T10 so that the sounds are authentic. Prevent AI from posting dry laptimes in wet/damp/changeable conditions. Dedicated servers. Full FP sessions and proper setups. Rework the penalty system completely.

Who caused it? You or someone else... Because I can myself go to Monaco, cut the first corner. Put the car to reverse and spin so that I crash into everybody :thumbsup: But I've never had a red flag where I didn't cause it...

It was me all right. That's why I got disqualified. :p.

Out of the AI, I find it lucky enough to see the safety car.

Bottom line, all of the suggestions above are great and needed. What I would like to see the most is for CM to continue the Formula 1 Classic mod with lots more cards than the ones released this year. The cars also should be editable so expert nodders can work their magic in making them look even more closer to reality. This year we saw tones of Ferraris, Williams and Lotus, but what about the Renaults of the 80's, McLarens, Brabhams and other iconic cars.

I want to see more, I need more!!!

F1Canuck59

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%