Resource icon

Misc F1 2014 - Handling Realism Mod (Pad & Wheel) + Texture Updates 1.41

Login or Register an account to download this content
hyjal submitted a new resource:

Remove steering assist for pad users - no more self steering by unknown driver

No more steering asssist for pad users
Turned all assist off? Feeling pro? Well you shouldn't...

JUST KIDDING... If you love the game how it is then this is not for you

Codemasters added full steering assist for pad users and for keyboard
too. I believe "hard core" or people who knows how to drive has noticed this and find the game unplayable due that.

What makes the driving unenjoyable duesteering assist...

Read more about this resource...

well, there is a much simpler solution for that.
In "driving options" just set "override input type" to "steering wheel", et voila.
Obviously you have to disable the steering assist in the driving aids menu.

Hey,

If you are using this mod 'normal steering'
I highly recomed to download 1.1, because the 1.0 has 'balanced' car stats.
Or if you are happy with that then feel free to drive with 1.0

This post has been merged into your original mod thread.

There is no need to post 'notifications' about updates or versions in other parts of the forum. Everyone who downloads your mod will automatically receive notification about updates. They either get a forum notification or an email, telling them that the file has been updated, with a link to the download page.

This function is separate from the discussion thread notification, so they may also get one of those if they subscribe to this thread. When you update a mod, a post is made in this thread, so you've got those people covered too.

That's more than enough notification for everyone :)

hyjal updated Realistic Steering mod - F1 2014 - Removes steering assist with a new update entry:

More realistic handling

I'm pretty happy with outcome. The main point of the mod was get away that steering assist, but I get into this and it's even better than ever.

The car setups has even bigger meaning now. Toe, camper, wings, driving height etc. It's not the same!

Quick comparing test between Lotus and Redbull and the result was shocking. It's hard to drive low end cars without adjusting car settings and even if you do, you need to be good... really good. For Redbull and other high end teams it's much more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, this work with the G27 wheel also? thank you!!
Hey! I don't see why won't it work. I'm pretty sure it works with wheels also, haven't tested it by myself. But you can also test it, (take backup of 'cars') folder and install the mod. Or you can wait till I test it and share results with you. And/ if/ or you test it please let me know what you like it. It helps me alot

Hi Hyjal..thanks for your effort trying to fix this mess with F1 2014 pad assists :) I've yet to use your patch, but will do the first chance I get time at home - as I have shelved this game since it feels like I'm playing with autopilot. Does this patch you've created also address the hidden traction control? or is it that the hidden steering assist is what's making the game feel like it has traction control always on?
Thanks

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing