Resource icon

Misc F1 2014 - Handling Realism Mod (Pad & Wheel) + Texture Updates 1.41

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the quick response. It's funny how the persons doing work for free responds and give their thanks even though one isn't 100% positive in ones review, faster than Hatta aka responsible for the trainwreck known as f1 2014 unmodded. I hope he makes amends in june 2015

At your service! Even thought I'm retired from this project, I try to check aleast once per day if someone has posted here something, in other words: It was pure lucky that I spotted your post :). Althought somedays I just refresh racedepartment while having nothing to do. (like yesterday). If you got something in your mind, don't hesitate to ask. :)

At your service! Even thought I'm retired from this project, I try to check aleast once per day if someone has posted here something, in other words: It was pure lucky that I spotted your post :). Althought somedays I just refresh racedepartment while having nothing to do. (like yesterday). If you got something in your mind, don't hesitate to ask. :)
Thanks, Have a good one

hello guys there are similar files that let you play online?

I would like to say yes, but the online files what game uses, what I think are hidden files so I cannot touch them, so nope there is no way how you can "easily" mod online gaming. Althought cheatengine might work but it's hard to make it work since you never know what codemasters has done.

I have a problem, I play with a pad of ps2 and respect to my fellow shoe with wheels and are slow, there would be a solution to this that allows me to play online?

I have a problem, I play with a pad of ps2 and respect to my fellow shoe with wheels and are slow, there would be a solution to this that allows me to play online?

Like I said above that this files works only in singleplayer mode. You could try to go game menu, then control settings, advanced settings, and choose overwrite as wheel. This pretty much slow you down, but it's quite hard drive then.

Hi hyjal,
Many thanks for your work, it really makes the game alot realistic.
The only problem i have is the gear ratios being too short in the Advanced Drivers.
Can you make new Advanced drivers files but with the gear ratios like the Sunday drivers files?

is there a way to make the steering a little bit slower?
I try to make it to steer like in f1 2011 or 2012 but nothing.
its like a switch with me, either on or off,

Hi!! I like the handling on the ps3 controller with the DS3 tool, witch makes it a 360 controller, but the steering wheel turns are too excesive 4 me , anyone know how to change (i think it´s call the linearity) it so its not that high, i can't change that on the game due to its a controller and not a Steering wheel. sorry 4 the english!

Hi!! I like the handling on the ps3 controller with the DS3 tool, witch makes it a 360 controller, but the steering wheel turns are too excesive 4 me , anyone know how to change (i think it´s call the linearity) it so its not that high, i can't change that on the game due to its a controller and not a Steering wheel. sorry 4 the english!

Ummm, if I'm not complete wrong you should be able to tweak controller advanced settings by remapping your controls ingame. For example change braking as braking so it's gives you the custom layout which allows you to edit controllers advanced settings. If for some reason this won't help you, then you could download previous version and test them. There's not that much differences between them. If you still have problems post here and I try to look this thread as many time I can. cheeeers

@hyjal is it possible that you can modify the gears so they are shorter? because the actuall gears ranges are very unrealistic.... e.g. so that the cars can reach in Monza 340 Km/h maximum speed
would be nice if you can

ah nevermind my question...i've searched the files and get some good values for my own taste ^^

Yes it's more than possible. Some reason codemaster made each track own carstatsfilefornoreason. So all what you need to do is change those gear values from there, (ctf files) which I assume you already have done. OR it was inside database, hard to remember. But if you have time and patience take the rools and explore those files. You might find something intresting from there. 2am so lagging little with my brainss....

Yes it's more than possible. Some reason codemaster made each track own carstatsfilefornoreason. So all what you need to do is change those gear values from there, (ctf files) which I assume you already have done. OR it was inside database, hard to remember. But if you have time and patience take the rools and explore those files. You might find something intresting from there. 2am so lagging little with my brainss....
well yeah i've saw one interesting value ^^ and aswell the gear-ratios

best solution for me was to change the final gear ratio but i'am in a test phase to see whats best to drive

Top speed with this mod is only 345 why ??:unsure:.Without mod i can reach over 370.And car handling is great but that top speed only about 345 is annoying.

Last edited:
Top speed with this mod is only 345 why ??:unsure:.Without mod i can reach over 370.And car handling is great but that top speed only about 345 is annoying.

Hey, which track did you managed to get that 370km/ h? But if I remeber correct I didn't change any motor power values. Althought I cannot be 100% sure about that. I'm not the best driver, but even 345 sounds pretty high speed and cannot be anchieved easily because the gear adjusting is disabled + those gear values were meant to be even slower than in 2013 as far as I remember.

Hey, which track did you managed to get that 370km/ h? But if I remeber correct I didn't change any motor power values. Althought I cannot be 100% sure about that. I'm not the best driver, but even 345 sounds pretty high speed and cannot be anchieved easily because the gear adjusting is disabled + those gear values were meant to be even slower than in 2013 as far as I remember.
I achieved 370km/h in Monza with slipstream.But with this mod i can only achieve about 345km/h.If am on slipstream still my car can't go more than 345.I don't know why is this happening i tried to delete mod and cars became faster.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%