Resource icon

Misc F1 2014 - Handling Realism Mod (Pad & Wheel) + Texture Updates 1.41

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe stupid question from, but can the mod not be used in any online sessions?I plan a season with a friend ..seem coop only option..and we would use the mod both of us. Maybe needless to say Im new l to the game, but will always and have always apreciated the time and efforts you modwizards do for the est of us.

Maybe stupid question from, but can the mod not be used in any online sessions?I plan a season with a friend ..seem coop only option..and we would use the mod both of us. Maybe needless to say Im new l to the game, but will always and have always apreciated the time and efforts you modwizards do for the est of us.

hey, it seems the online sessions uses "hidded" files. If I could do it I would, but it's more likely up to codemasters.

Thx a lot.. no mod for me then. You know if that goes that go for Lan as well? I know there are programs that can trick a the connection over net to appear as Lan..Virtual network its called..like Hamachi
All online games have to go by codemasters servers? No oldfashioned host client with ip connection?

Last edited:
Thx a lot.. no mod for me then. You know if that goes that go for Lan as well? I know there are programs that can trick a the connection over net to appear as Lan..Virtual network its called..like Hamachi
All online games have to go by codemasters servers? No oldfashioned host client with ip connection?

Well, I cannot say absolute no no for lan coop, since it will work without connection to steam, and it might use singleplaying files, but I don't count on that. IT MIGHT be possible but there's changes it won't work. Give a try and you'll find does it work or not.

Sorry mate, but is it possible to get the original forcefeedback files? Those effect during shifting is too strong. And...you now...I didn't made a backup before installing.
thx

Have you tried lower forcefeedback files? For me as I'm driving with pad I'm quite comfortable how they are. Or if you are using wheel, one fellow member had same problem, since I didn't have alternative files, but when I did them, he told the problem was no longer there.

And if or you have tried them and still find them too much rumbling, you can always remove the forcefeedback folder and use steam's file checker to get original files, or if this is impossible for some reason, I'll add those files as soon as I can, cause I'm quite busy with school right now for this week.

This mod is absolutely great. For a mouse driver like me it's like a better traction control and steering assist
I want to know if this mod affects car speed?I found my pace faster than ever.Thank you

This mod is absolutely great. For a mouse driver like me it's like a better traction control and steering assist
I want to know if this mod affects car speed?I found my pace faster than ever.Thank you

Well, the quick answer is no, but long answer is yes. It's quite obviously that vanilla games makes driving slower since the steering assist kick in in every corner and that causes in some cases time save when cornering but I found lossing in most of corners.

But yes, the sunday driver files makes the car more easier to drive, traction etc. But it requires getting right speed and correct angle in every corner which can be hard for some people, but if every corner goes like flying then it's much much faster since you can actually attack corners, althought downside is tyre wear, you need tyre management, what wasn't required in vanilla game, it was like robot makes your steerings, all what you need to do is give maximum throttle in every moment while in track.

The advanced driver files, are quite tricky, since there is actually more power included, etc but the controlling those powers, is what someone might find hard. To be fast you need extremily good driving skill and know how the car acts in every moment.

Altogether I'm going to make something new in next weekend, but mainly I'm nt making the cars act like rockets, which goes faster than real formula, my goal is aiming as close as possible with realism, since codemasters couldn't do that, I could try.

Don't know what do... I love to watch formula 1 and that's like only one sport in world at the moment what I enjoy, but... The codemasters, well the game has the bright sides, but there's few of them. And I started to think what I'm doing? You would expect the game to be as close as the reality is, like PES did in 2012 or 2013, live the life or be footpro that game "took" me in and it felt that I was actually playing the game, but all these year with codemasters, there's missing the "spark" of the formula 1. Well sure the 2012 career has been only one career that I have driven. Althought the career ended when I rejected midseason mercedes offer and wasn't able to get any offer at all, expect caterham, hrt...
How much potential this game could have, it's the FORMULA ONE the greatest motorsport in the​
world, but no... The game has been dissapointment since 2010. I cannot say is that laziness from codemasters or pure ignores. No full weekends. No preseason test. No podiums. No real physics. No intelligent engineer. No random events, tyre punctures etc (drs is unavailable.. meh). No real feeling of the being start when grap the pole or win the race. No flat spots. No real tyre wear indicators. No pre or postrace lap. No "hot woman". No starting grid. No proberly made pitstops. Not even mediocre AI. The game is full of nono things......
Want a tip? Get rid of front wing and watch what pit crew does and what the "don't" do.... The game​
is pure joke, and it seems I cannot no longer do anything about the game, I get enough of it basicly by thinking how codemasters swim on your money. AND OFCOURSE don't forget to try the toolbox game what they just created................................................ Only one bright side in this is that Bloodborne is coming soon that game has the feeling of gaming.

Codemasters need to find a balance between entertainment and realness, which is very difficult in a Formula 1 game.
The tyre wear really good. I can pit only once in Canada. Cound you make the AI also do that?

Hi,

can you balance the saturation a bit more.
Problem: I cant get through slow corners. If i increase the saturation (in game) its impossible keep the car on track in high speed corners. I mean you have way too much saturation in high speed corners and almost none in the slow ones. Thats highly unrealistic.
I like all the other features apart from that, although i think i cant drive against ai, because if i do no mistakes, i can drive circles around expert ai, else i find myself in peaces beside the track ( which is quite cool actually).

Should be there now.
Thanks for the quick response. It's funny how the persons doing work for free responds and give their thanks even though one isn't 100% positive in ones review, faster than Hatta aka responsible for the trainwreck known as f1 2014 unmodded. I hope he makes amends in june 2015

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%