F1 2014 Game Preview

Ryan Ogurek

2000RPM
"They also have rain ( which is quite good ) " !!!?

Could you tell us which sim sim/arcade have better rain ?? If any ? Although I haven't played the game yet..it seems you already had a biased opinion before you gave your " opinion "
The rain is good yes, where the problem comes in is that it has been the same for 3 years now. So its not really a new feature to this year. As for better rain? Project CARS rain effects, at this point, are far better than that of F1 2012-2014. Two years ago the rain effects were top notch, and like I said they are still good, but have now been far surpassed.

Honestly, the problem many of us have is that Codemasters puts very little effort in the "Sim" part of their simcade.

The GP series?
Yeah it was a simcade, it was very accessible for keyboards, and it's default setup was very stable and easy to drive.

But, if you were willing, it let you tune your car to your hearts content until it became a beast...
Codemasters seems to be afraid/incompetent/unwilling to go this far imo.

jimortality

4000RPM
Premium
This is the last gen version and the next gen version with it's constant update is due in March? only 5 months of this game before another is out on PC, xbox one and PS4. What do you think about that?

iammx

100RPM
Man, why are the cars completely silent under braking. No engine, no downshifting, nothing. The only time you ever hear the engine is when it's under acceleration. Such a shame as they actually did a really good job of the car sounds there. It's like some kinfd of joke.:thumbsdown:

Take a listen to the videos to compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5CF2oc6NE

Peter Hooper

10000RPM
@Ryan Ogurek Just wondering if you can let us know what information 'exactly' is included on the wheel? I understand tyre and engine temps are there, split times, etc but can you be specific... ie is the info on the wheel more detailed or exactly the same as we have seen on the car status popout.

Cheers.

Ryan Ogurek

2000RPM
Well it depends on the car. For example the mercs have that nice new display which shows gear, last lap time, position, and three other numbers which I'm not sure what they are (the title is too small to read) that do not match the real life display. The Red Bull however does not have the led display but the old lcd which shows gear position and speed.

Peter Hooper

10000RPM
Well it depends on the car. For example the mercs have that nice new display which shows gear, last lap time, position, and three other numbers which I'm not sure what they are (the title is too small to read) that do not match the real life display. The Red Bull however does not have the led display but the old lcd which shows gear position and speed.
Ok thanks for that. Bit disappointing as i thought tyre temps and engine temp was on there as well. But a bit pointless if some of the info is illegible :rolleyes:

Ryan Ogurek

2000RPM
That might be what they are. The numbers are legible just not the title of each. At least on my 27" monitor at 1950x1080. One starts to rise as you start to drive so i assume that is tyre temp. All three numbers are around 70 at race start.

Peter Hooper

10000RPM
That might be what they are. The numbers are legible just not the title of each. At least on my 27" monitor at 1950x1080. One starts to rise as you start to drive so i assume that is tyre temp. All three numbers are around 70 at race start.
Interesting, but with just three numbers clearly not enough for tyres unless they are cutting costs and going for Formula Reliant Robin ;)

realitychecked

TheJlfan
I'd buy F1 2014 just for the mods, although the game sure sounds great and I want to try out Austria's and Russia's circuits so it's a yes for me. I'm not going to complain about the engine being too silent, setups still being unrealistic or whatever you all moan about. It is a game, not a life simulator.

I'd buy F1 2014 just for the mods, although the game sure sounds great and I want to try out Austria's and Russia's circuits so it's a yes for me. I'm not going to complain about the engine being too silent, setups still being unrealistic or whatever you all moan about. It is a game, not a life simulator.
Not everyone has to be happy with mediocrity you know.

"Next, I noticed that the virtual wheel was making movements (as much as 20°) when cornering or going over bumps and kerbs, that my wheel was not making. After many tweaks to the force feedback (FFB) settings, I was not able to get rid of this effect."

Couldn't agree with you more. Idiots.

Luckily for all of us, Slightly Mad Studios are in the frame to take on the F1 series in the future.

Peter Hooper

10000RPM
"Next, I noticed that the virtual wheel was making movements (as much as 20°) when cornering or going over bumps and kerbs, that my wheel was not making. After many tweaks to the force feedback (FFB) settings, I was not able to get rid of this effect."

Couldn't agree with you more. Idiots.

Luckily for all of us, Slightly Mad Studios are in the frame to take on the F1 series in the future.
If they do I hope they do a better job of getting the gave out than they are with Project Cars.

Top Bottom