F1 2014 f1 2014 crashing

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi, I would like to find out if anyone can advice or help me, in career mode I play 100 percent races and at the end of the race after the driver celebration the game crashes to desktop, hence not saving so I have to do it all over again, please help or advice.

Thanks

Personally I would remove any mods, and verify your game cache via Steam.

Verifying your game cache will remove any mods anyway, and automatically replace any corrupted, modified, or missing files. It will not effect your game save

Check this sticky here if you don't know how to do it :-

How to repair/check your game files if you have problems (PC)
ok, so i verified my game and it downloaded some files, but now i cannot open the game, i click the game, it opens with f1 2014 logo then goes to full screen which is black then just returns to desktop abruptly, please help me

Strange, this problem is quite common for the F1 20xx series of games and for the Grid series of games (same game engine more or less).

I am not sure how to fix it, because it seems that different people fix it (or not) in different ways.

Personally I would reset the game graphics by deleting (or moving) a couple of game .xml files. These files will be replaced automatically when the game starts.

Browse to ; My Documents (or Documents) > My Games > FormulaOne2014 > Hardwaresettings

Delete these files, or move them to you desktop :-

hardware_settings_config.xml
hardware_settings_info.xml

Try starting game now, your graphics setting will now have to be adjusted to your liking (if the game did boot up ok)

MyF1 > Settings > Graphics.

If this didn't work :
-

You might as well put the files back (overwriting the new ones) if you had moved them to your desktop temporarily.

I would now try running the game in Windowed mode for starting up, then switch to full screen later if the game boots up OK.

Edit edit the hardware_settings_config.xml file in a good text editor like Notepad++

Edit line 8

Code:
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">

Change the fullscreen="true" to fullscreen="false". Like this :-

Code:
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="false" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">

Save the file, and make sure that it is saved as an .xml file (no problem with Notepad++)

Hopefully the game will start normally now, but in a window and not fullscreen.

If everything is ok, once you have the game running, try hitting ALT-Enter on your keyboard to go to full screen mode.

That's all I can think of right now :cautious:

Cheers

Strange, this problem is quite common for the F1 20xx series of games and for the Grid series of games (same game engine more or less).

I am not sure how to fix it, because it seems that different people fix it (or not) in different ways.

Personally I would reset the game graphics by deleting (or moving) a couple of game .xml files. These files will be replaced automatically when the game starts.

Browse to ; My Documents (or Documents) > My Games > FormulaOne2014 > Hardwaresettings

Delete these files, or move them to you desktop :-

hardware_settings_config.xml
hardware_settings_info.xml

Try starting game now, your graphics setting will now have to be adjusted to your liking (if the game did boot up ok)

MyF1 > Settings > Graphics.

If this didn't work :
-

You might as well put the files back (overwriting the new ones) if you had moved them to your desktop temporarily.

I would now try running the game in Windowed mode for starting up, then switch to full screen later if the game boots up OK.

Edit edit the hardware_settings_config.xml file in a good text editor like Notepad++

Edit line 8

Code:
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">

Change the fullscreen="true" to fullscreen="false". Like this :-

Code:
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="false" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">

Save the file, and make sure that it is saved as an .xml file (no problem with Notepad++)

Hopefully the game will start normally now, but in a window and not fullscreen.

If everything is ok, once you have the game running, try hitting ALT-Enter on your keyboard to go to full screen mode.

That's all I can think of right now :cautious:

Cheers
thanks a million, will give it a try

fingers_crossed.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%