F1 2012 F1 2013 wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I know it is quite early, but I would like to know what you want for the next game.

For me:
a) Better penalty system
b) New modes (I liked this year's additions, with the exception of YDT), including one to make your setups for your career.
c) Bans for rammers at online
d) Better AI

At this stage I wish someone else took over from codemasters. Never have I come across a game with so many bugs upon release. Setups are totally messed up. No tyre scaling, no 75% distance. How hard would it be to come up with a few online race modes? Lazy shower of s...s.
Graham Laing is right you might as well copy and paste last years thread because nothing changed.
I only play it online, racing AI has no appeal to me at all.
I should move this to the rant thread sorry.

Two things that would make up for it in the next game is:
Engineer info
Pit boards

The thing that bugs me the most is the lack of info the engineer gives. Even for it to be a bit more realistic we should be able to race with no OSD and the engineer to give you all relevant info lap by lap. And the most important thing in F1 that codemasters haven't thought of is a pit board very relevant in modern day F1 but no couldn't be arsed.

The Problem is CM want to satisfy both Sim and Arcade Peoples at once.
In such kind of games you can't expect the Most of Realistic Features. I Appreciate them for trying to do so. But for Majority of time they are going for New features and creating More new bugs to the existing one's which was making the game More and More unplayable.
like 2011 Tire bug Post Patch #2 and Save game Bug for all the 3 series until CM fixes it in 2012.
I remember Steve Hood once said he want to overhaul the setup system if they get the Licence extension and I was hoping now they can change the setup system as they got the extension.
The Major Problems they need to iron out is AI Behavior.
1. The AI come out for Out lap and they take the racing line they make us (the players) slow due to their out laps and finally making us Compromise our Flying lap.
2. In a Race we are fighting for Positions and suddenly back marker appears on the racing line Defending his line like he was for Position. For some Players it may not be a Problem(I can add me into this list ;) ) but for Most of Players it was a Major problem.

• Better penalty system
  • More AI levels
  • Custom practice/qualifying/race lengths
  • More setup-saving slots
For me, the penalty system needs to be overwritten completely. They had the right idea with the 'give the position back' feature, but you should have about fifteen seconds, rather than eight(?) and you shouldn't get penalized for blocking when you slow to allow the driver behind to pass.

Instead of four AI levels, the game should have about ten levels to make the game competitive for more skill levels. Note that I do not have any patches so the comparisons listed below are based on the way the game was first released.

Level 1 - Amateur
Level 2 -
Level 3 - Intermediate
Level 4 -
Level 5 -
Level 6 - Professional
Level 7 - About where I currently am
Level 8 -
Level 9 - Legend
Level 10 - A good challenge for even the very best players

The ability to fully customize your race weekend length is something I really, really want!

For practice: [1, 2, 3] sessions, each [30, 45, 60, 75, 90] minutes in length.
For qualifying: One-round one-shot qualifying, three-round knockout one-shot qualifying, one twenty-minute session, realistic three-round knockout qualifying
For the race: [5-real life number] laps

And I'd like to see forty setup saving slots, for wet and dry setups at each circuit.

I`d like to see in f1 2013:
1) Driver swiched after season z.B. Button in Force India and new Driver comes to the F1
2) No jdt
3) Better Damigemodel
4) New Tracks after season z.B. 21 races new Imola and Nürburgring change with Hockenheim
5) Testdrivers there drive in P1 or Driving in Race

I did have a massive list, but in the interest of "TLDR", here's the main ones.

- A weather system that works.
- Bring back FP1 & 2, and full season GP mode.
- Stricter penalty sys.
- When you damage your front wing it should affect your performance. In 2012 it seems that you have to smash the entire front wing off if you want to feel some understeer. IRL even if they lose a small piece then it makes a big difference.

Or Even by End of 2014

That will do, as long as they dont try to rush to deliver "something". Its clear that CM is a game factory. All they want is money. eventually, that's what a company is about. I truly could not stand myself delivering a product with so many flaws. the best would be to throw away the current concept and start all over again. But as said: they dont have time for that. It would only result in more bugs. In the end they should change the name into: "F1 flawed".
They wont be able to deliver a good solid F1 game as long as they keep hanging on their current bases. F1 2010 set the base and it was the wrong one. So in the end im very pessimistic about the F1 series from CM. At the moment i race F1 2012 with grinding teeth especially when it start to rain. Finally to give an answer to OP:

- Slider for AI difficulty 80 % (very easy) - 120 % (Ultimate hardcore)
- Slider for AI agression (idem dito as above)
- Full support for Logitech / Fanatec / thrustmaster wheels with a complete set of options (like GTR2).
- A complete overhaul of the weather system.

But...this will not happen cause we all must mind those kids playing their consoles (got one myself a PS3 for blue ray movies).

1. Cinematics. Podium Cinematics. Driver getting out of the car in case of impossibility to cotinue the race due do huge damage and stuff like that;
2. Improved damage to the car in case of crash and huge crash, creating the necessity to visit the pits to change front wing or anything else in the car;
3. More agressive (and balanced) AI
4. FP1 and FP2
5. More important engineer infos during the race;
6. More slots to save setups;
7. Qualifying in one session withouth loading, like in RL;
8. Life on paddock whole thing.

The "life on paddock whole thing" starts on YOU creating the design for YOU OWN helmet. As console player, what sucks for me is that I just can't create my own design and I am obliged to use standard designs. I talked to CM through their page on facebook and they said that is impossible to put selectable sponsors for helmets due to contracts issues. Ok. I don't get it but I respect.

I like to be immersive on the game, so, in career, I want to be the driver during the whole weekend, not just during the Q's or the race. I want (or not) to grant interviews and talk to the engineers more often.

Also, like in football games, a fanbase would be cool too, and a test at the begining of your career to LET THE TEAM chose you to sign a contract.

One thing linked to sponsors (which is impossible due to CM contracts issues (sic)) is that you can "recruit" your own sponsors, based on your fanbase, or popularity, like Hamilton was sponsored by Reebok on gloves on boots.

1) Rammers auto +20 seconds.

2) Heat haze or heat blur to make tv pod look instant real.

3) Photo Realistic skins of real players.

4) Move away from cartoon and add real people in the grandstands

5) prize money system to upgrade parts and car add ons

6) customize our model looks

7) customize outfit

8) Customize steering wheels :)

9) sexy girls (photo realistic ones) at the podium.

10) voice over commentary in replay mode

1) make a pc version so we could have superior graphics stay away from consoles.

1.Automaticly make the car ghosts in sprint mode races in online to avoid rammers push you off track
2.The lapped cars take back their lap when the safety car is out
3.Better, and far more aggresive AI, and they won't fall back when they intend to over take.They don't just use the ideal racing line, sometimes they use different lines
4.Free Practice 1 and 2 come back too
5.Warm up lap before the race
6.Young driver test more days
7.In career the cars numbers change due to their finish in constructors championship.
8.Changing track, for example: First year nurburgring , and in the other Hockenheim.
9.More graphics options for Pc users
10.Option to watch the race from all cars in replay mode
11.Make higher difficulty than Legend, cause Legend is beatable easly.
12.Custom Helmets that you can make
13.Manager mode, where you manage your team and you buy the new upragades race after race.
14.Realistic skin for players, and more faces to choose from to your driver.
15.Fix the stupid Penalty system.
16.The lapped cars are more intelligent they won't hold you back.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%