F1 2013 F1 2013 The Game: Gameplay Videos

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

F1 2013 The Game: Gameplay Videos

Codemasters released two videos of F1 2013 The Game showing work-in-progress gameplay footage narrated by ex-Formula pilot Anthony Davidson.

Watch how Jenson Button in his McLaren Mercedes races a full lap around Silverstone in the United Kingdom and see The Iceman Kimi Raikkonen mastering his Lotus Renault on the Grand Prix circuit of the Nürburgring in Germany.

[youtube]

[youtube]

For more information on F1 2013...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
And what's really new ? except that more nervous driving ?
I really don't see any incredible differences, I was very excited before watching, but after watching I'm pretty disappointed.. and you, guys ? what do you think ?

Seems exactly the same as 2012??? Hope the modders can beef it up!

If they improve the AI and handling (and we can't really judge based on videos) the game would be good enough for me. Of course adding stuff like telemetry would be perfect but I can't really expect that when one of the games' chief designers, Steve Hood, claims that the presence of THREE (poorly made) fuel mods is "for the hardcore F1 fans".

Well, people who played it at the reveal event, have said that the physics and handling have definitely improved and has gone more towards realism

The classic cars look like great fun to drive.

These hotlap videos are the ai driving, codies said.

From the gameplay I've seen, i can definitely see a difference.

Seems exactly the same as 2012??? Hope the modders can beef it up!

If they improve the AI and handling (and we can't really judge based on videos) the game would be good enough for me. Of course adding stuff like telemetry would be perfect but I can't really expect that when one of the games' chief designers, Steve Hood, claims that the presence of THREE (poorly made) fuel mods is "for the hardcore F1 fans".
Honestly I'm not sure this game is for "hardcore" F1 fans but more for casual F1 fans who want to drive something without the need of being a engineer. If you are a hardcore simracer just go for RF or RF2 or whatever else hardcore players play. I think it's important to mention that F1 2012 became gold before it's release date, why do you think they will change their approach?

Honestly I'm not sure this game is for "hardcore" F1 fans but more for casual F1 fans who want to drive something without the need of being a engineer. If you are a hardcore simracer just go for RF or RF2 or whatever else hardcore players play. I think it's important to mention that F1 2012 became gold before it's release date, why do you think they will change their approach?

I never stated the game is for hardcore F1 fans. I was just pointing out the absurdity of Hood's claim that having 3 fuel modes is "hardcore" while a real F1 car has over 30 engine mappings and 20 torque mappings.

And the game became gold (I assume you are referring to number of sold copies?) not because of Codemasters but because of the FORMULA ONE™ license. One of world's most popular sports and only one game in the whole gaming business dedicated to it - of course they will sell good.

Stoked for this game ! After watching a couple of gameplay videos the graphics seem to be improved a lot ! I also like the animation when you step in the car. Handling and so on seems way better too aswell as the menus and such.

Looks nice.

One (kinda off topic) thing though: I'm PRETTY sure that the rear fan in the "fan car" was there just for the "sucking air out" part and its influence on acceleration or top speed of the car was negligible :D (or even balanced by the weight of the whole system and drag on the straights). The real benefits came from extra downforce through corners.
Try sticking a room fan to a Veyron and see how much faster it'll go :laugh:

Animation when the driver get in his car is really good,but which shoes they wear...looks like converse:D:O_o:
Unbenannt.jpg

Looks nice.

One (kinda off topic) thing though: I'm PRETTY sure that the rear fan in the "fan car" was there just for the "sucking air out" part and its influence on acceleration or top speed of the car was negligible :D (or even balanced by the weight of the whole system and drag on the straights). The real benefits came from extra downforce through corners.
Try sticking a room fan to a Veyron and see how much faster it'll go :laugh:

Yea thats what i thought about the "fan car" when i was watching the Video :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%