F1 2013 F1 2013 The Game: Facts and Screenshots

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

F1 2013 The Game: Facts and Screenshots

F1 2013 is the latest game in the award-winning Formula 1 franchise from Codemasters which has sold over 6.5 million units. The culmination of five years of experience in developing cutting edge Formula 1 titles, F1 2013 delivers a range of new features, improvements, modes and, for the first time in the series, classic content.

F1 2013 features all the cars, circuits and stars from the 2013 season, allowing gamers to race as Lewis Hamilton in his Mercedes and Sergio Perez in the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
In my opinion, that's a GREAT decision. That mode added nothing to the game really. It was just like the YDT, once you've completed it, there's no incentive to play it again.
I liked the idea of a scenario and a set of goals to accomplish during the race instead of a simple "finish on at least Xth place". The problem was - there just wasn't enough of them. This game mode had LOADS of potential. Just imagine what it would be like, if you could create scenarios like that on your own (your choice of weather, tires, cars and their order on the track).

Classic edition and classic tracks :)
mid session saves (can save after I finish practice and qualy and do the race another day) :)
GP mode: World Championship mode for the full F1 2013 Championship to drive as one of the F1 drivers) :)
No P1 and P2 :mad:
No podium celebration :( (how come Pro Cycling Manager 2013 can have podium celebrations and their game is made by a much smaller company with a much smaller budget compared to Codemasters, but F1 2013 won't have it?)
No formation lap :( (not a big deal breaker, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult to add)
Nice new in-game menus :)

All in all, I'll stick to playing PCM 2013 for now and I'll probably get the NASCAR 2013 game. But F1 2013 I'll wait on for some reports from guys who play the game as to whether I'll purchase it or not.

Interesting to see Andretti and Fittipaldi in the list. Andretti drove for Lotus in 1980, Alfa in 81 and Ferrari in 82, so ok, maybe it's the 82 Ferrari. But Fittipaldi drove for Lotus in the early 70s and for the Fittipaldi team in 1980...so wtf?
Maybe there is a 1970s Lotus included.

Dingle Dell..... love that corner ;) lol
I thought the bigger question would be which Imola will they give us ( or afford ) !!!!?
Post or Past Imola.....:unsure:

I hope it's the pre-1995 version, it is just much superior racing track and since it is a video game safety is not really an issue.

Since Jerez would be available it would be cool the game to feature some kind of pre-season testing there but sadly, it's a long shot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back