Misc F1 2013 Realism Mod 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
  • Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137812

• Deleted member 137812

Demy van Zoggel submitted a new resource:

F1 2013 Realism Mod (version 0.6) - This mod runs on the F1 2012 game, but is based on 2013 season

Last season's trailer can show you what to expect:

F1 2013 Realism mod

The F1 2013 Realism mod is made for people who like to play offline modus but do like realism, what is an f1 game without realism?

This mod (v0.5) contains the following:

Realistic AI behaviour
  • AI will overtake more
  • AI will not back out when they are on the inside at a corner
  • AI rarely (but they do) brake late and crash into other drivers
  • AI will not wait until all cars get passed when they are off the track, but will try to merge into the field
2013 Car Pace
  • All cars have the pace according the 2013 season. (Fully released with v1tek's F1 2013 season release, half of it is already released in this)
  • 2013 car race pace will be updated every time when there occurs a noticable difference mid-season.
Realistic AI strength
  • AI drivers pace is up to date according to the 2013 season (Released with v1tek's F1 2013 season release)
  • AI is more aggressive
Mechanical Failures and DNF's
  • AI will have more mechanical failures than CM last released patch
  • Mechanical failures happen according to 2012 season, That means STR will have more mechanical failures than Ferrari.
  • Each race will have between 1-5 cars that will retire due mechanical failures, the total can sum up to 7 if there occur some crashes.
  • The DNF's can depend on your racing skill, if you make a lot of mistake the AI gets caught in this and crash into each other. So be sure you're up to the difficulty settings where you belong!
Damage
  • This mod contains a improved damage model
Tyres
  • Tyre wear will be according the 2013 season, so RBR will be more aggressive on their tyres than Lotus (Released with v1tek's F1 2013 season release).
This mod is still a 0.5 version, which means its not finished. This is because there still isnt a proper 2013 season mod it will run on. After v1tek's 2013 season mod this will be an add-on for that mod. Its build on that mod.
This mod is physics only, so no graphical and textual stuff.

• Deleted member 137812

What do the changes in the car_materials.xml file actually do? I see you lowered the "strength" values, but what does that do?
It improves loss of car parts at different speeds, low mid or high speed.

theoriginalskunk
Not included, it will be an add-on to that mod.
New database is included in 2013 season mod, but that will be patched in here too.

• Deleted member 137812

Awesome just one question, why make a damage mod when there is already a damage mod which is awesome?Not critism your work Demy but it's meaningless.
Damage is 2 seconds work. :p
Cromiell did a great job. But he didnt made a damage mod for particular car parts, just damage overall. ;)

Damage is 2 seconds work. :p
Cromiell did a great job. But he didnt made a damage mod for particular car parts, just damage overall. ;)
So can you merge the 2 mods with your loose_parts_settings and Cromiell's one?Maybe two of you can do a great job?And what about the flags of the drivers?are those updated too?

Hi Demy and Thank's for All Yours Works.... I have to asked you one question. Can I use This Realism Mod With Mr.Pibbs 2013 MOD? Thanks in Advance For Your Answer :)

• Deleted member 137812

Hi Demy and Thank's for All Yours Works.... I have to asked you one question. Can I use This Realism Mod With Mr.Pibbs 2013 MOD? Thanks in Advance For Your Answer :)
I think you can, you should try it and let me know! ;)

• Deleted member 137812

Improves it how? More detail please :p
If you run into the AI at low speed the loss wil be less than on high speed. You can motivate this by changing those values. Thats what I did. ;)

If you run into the AI at low speed the loss wil be less than on high speed. You can motivate this by changing those values. Thats what I did. ;)

Interesting...
Do you know which car part in the file equals which car part in the game? For instance I see there's a CARW, CAR_WING, and CAR_SPOILER...do you know which is which?

I also saw you increased the strength values for CAR_SPOILER while you decreased strength values for the other 2, how come?

Last question...what is the "sparks hardness" setting?

Hi all, this is my first post here.
I wanted to share my experience so far with this awesome mod.

I just finished the Monaco race in my carreer which I started in a Marussia (NEVER EVER AGAIN) and came in on 4th place. Even if I wasnt able to the pace, I profited on two safetycar appearances. I could fit my pitstop perfectly in one of those sessions. But the main reason for beeing 4th was the carnage on the track. Only 9 cars finished the GP. Parts were flying everywhere.

I really liked that realistic Monaco experience and the race really felt more "alive". With your mod the car feels more like a "carbon sculpture" which will break even on slightest mechanical forces.

Great Mod, I really enjoy it! THX for your work Demy!

Demy van Zoggel no thoughts on the below questions?

Interesting...
Do you know which car part in the file equals which car part in the game? For instance I see there's a CARW, CAR_WING, and CAR_SPOILER...do you know which is which?

I also saw you increased the strength values for CAR_SPOILER while you decreased strength values for the other 2, how come?

Last question...what is the "sparks hardness" setting?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 433 39.6%