F1 2013 F1 2013, RD position with historical car mod

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all,

before someone want to try some mod with historical content in F1 2013. What's your position with this?. Modder can be use those car model to replace 2013 car slot to get historical car for a Career? Surely with custom and other legend skin ?

Okay Schifty,

Good point, I've talked to Bram about this....

We want to impose the following rule:

People who own the classic edition are entitled to use/share the mods.

However, if they don't own the classic edition - they are not entitled to use/share the classic mods.

In short - if you don't own the classic game, you don't use the classic mods.

Great Question though mate :)

Cheers,

Okay Schifty,

Good point, I've talked to Bram about this....

We want to impose the following rule:

People who own the classic edition are entitled to use/share the mods.

However, if they don't own the classic edition - they are not entitled to use/share the classic mods.

In short - if you don't own the classic game, you don't use the classic mods.

Great Question though mate :)

Cheers,

How you will be able to find who had classical content or not ?

But 1980 car are in the original version, only 1990 car will be sell as addon

Yeah this is going to be awkward. It needs to be discussed more I guess.

Of course at this point we do not know how the content is protected, by that I mean whether CM have locked down some of the content with encrypted files or whatever. We don't actually know whether the Standard content is moddable yet, we are assuming that it is. (Does anyone know for sure yet?)

Another possibility is that only Standard content mods would be acceptable, therefore no 1990 based mods allowed. That would protect against Standard Edition owners gaining access to Classic Edition content. Of course that would upset modders and users who did buy the Classic Edition.

.... definitely awkward :)

How you will be able to find who had classical content or not ?
We don't need to. Our forum rules are perfectly clear on this:
  • Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original files are not allowed.
As original files (classic content) will be needed to share its not allowed. Its basically our rule of thumb here anyway with some small exceptions (forward porting for example).

Good question though :thumbsup:

Personally I feel the only things that should be allowable as moddable should be the contents of the Standard Edition game, as everyone will have these files by default. The bonus Classic extras....no, as this could be a way to gain the extra content without the extra cost.

This is very likely what will happen. I believe that Dan may have emailed CM about this subject, but to be honest I would be doubtful about receiving a quick reply, if any. It's was certainly worth approaching them though.

@Kartik Sri Harsha

I will certainly look closer at making a sticky on or around release day. It depends on how many stickies already present at that time. I know many people want stickies about this or that, but too many makes it all a bit untidy, and as we all know, so many people obviously don't read them anyway.

It is highly like there will be one in the modding forum though, because it is an important topic from a legal standpoint. :)

We don't need to. Our forum rules are perfectly clear on this:
  • Posts, attachments, uploads or links which contain original files are not allowed.
As original files (classic content) will be needed to share its not allowed. Its basically our rule of thumb here anyway with some small exceptions (forward porting for example).

Good question though :thumbsup:
If anyone would follow that rule strictly, we wouldn't be allowed to provide backup files for people requesting it. Just sayin'.
If I'd be even more strict, it wouldn't be allowed to upload files, speaking of .pssg which still include original textures which were not modded.

So, pretty clear is relative.

You should indeed not provide backup files of any games when people ask for them. Everybody that purchased a game has that content already.

Textures we don't have a problem with as they are needed for modding as long as the textures come from the same game.

So just to clarify,
I plan on buying the standard edition as a hard copy. And will probably end up downloading the 1990's DLC at a later date.

Hypothetically, if the DLC is moddable, am I able to use mods for the 1990's content even though I didn't buy the Classic Edition?

Hypothetically even if the DLC is moddable, 1990's content mods will not be allowed if it enables Standard Edition owners to get the DLC content for free.

@Melphiz

I know it's crazy that people still fail to make backups of original data when installing mods, especially when hard drives have such large capacities nowadays.

Apart from that, all your original game content is available 24/7 via Steam, simply by verifying your game install. So there is no real reason to upload original files for someone.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%