F1 2013 F1 2013: Post Your First Impressions

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Cool is that you can use your custom helmets from f1 2012, same template :)

I don't think the helmet layout will be exactly the same.

It hasn't been the same from year to year in previous titles, no reason to expect it to be any different for this title. One of the ways CM's stop the cross title copying.

Plus in all the videos I've seen, there appears to be a definate difference in the helmet models used.

Alonso's helmet has the Schuberth top vent, while Button has the triple Arai top vents etc etc. This says to me the templates will be different somehow.....but I'm only guessing.

111111mckmp.jpg

First of all, it feels A LOT like F1 2010. It is also VERY power demanding, main menu is VERY laggy and now I have about 30% fps less than I had in F1 2012 on pretty much same level of detail. I did one online race in Melbourne and I was like "man, these braking points are very familiar". Braking is pretty easy, even without assists it is like you have ABS always. Not so sure about handling because I didn't touched wheel settings yet. Oh, they finally fixed gearbox settings for Singapore! Aaand tyre scales are back.

I'll say it is a bit more than "skin". Engine visibly less powerful, tyres have a bit more grip, DRS is much more effective, absolutely different braking behavior (a lot like F1 2010 - trail brakers will be happy). Yet, physics are the same, of course because game engine is the same. It is like Codemasters are still trying to find balance between game and sim and continue to tune these things.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%