F1 2013 F1 2013 PC Patch #4

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Today sees our fourth PC Patch available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2013.

Mid Session Save

Fixed a bug which prevented car setups from being loaded correctly when a mid session save is created while on track in any session.

Minor Fixes

Added a DRS Bleep sound to inform the player via audio that the DRS is available. This sound is quite subtle so that players who do not rely on this are not distracted, you may need to lower the engine volume and raise the effects volume to make this clearer during gameplay.

The above fixes (where relevant) for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are currently being tested and verified. These require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony so the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

Chez codemaster ils ne sont meme pas capable de faire le son de la voiture du pilote assez fort, alors sortir un patch pour un bleep d'aileron c'est vraiment nul !
To codemaster they are not even capable of making the sound of the car of the pilot(driver) rather hardly, then of taking(bringing) out a patch for a bleep of aileron it's really hopeless! Ridiculouss:mad::mad::mad::mad:
ric

To codemaster they are not even capable of making the sound of the car of the pilot(driver) rather hardly, then of taking(bringing) out a patch for a bleep of aileron it's really hopeless!

Started a career after installing patch 4. In China, I enterd the pits ranked 5th in my Marussia, came out as 13th, because I had to wait for all other cars which were pitting to pass me. Seems to be the same bug as in F1 2010.

another annoying issue: ai cars go with dry tires in qualifying sessions under wet conditions and are as fast as if the track was dry. happened to me in barcelona and montreal. was the same with previous releases (f1 2010 - 2012).

another annoying issue: ai cars go with dry tires in qualifying sessions under wet conditions and are as fast as if the track was dry. happened to me in barcelona and montreal. was the same with previous releases (f1 2010 - 2012).
It proves that everything in this game is scripted ... no real time calculations are made !

I will add also,that once the AI are out of sight, they either become very quick or very slow !
The handling of AI cars is not affected by grip/fuel weight issues ... only laptimes change,devs made scripts to control braking points and speeds,laptimes are not consequences of the handling ...
You can hear AIs at full throttle after slow corners,but you don't see their wheels spining nor their cars spining ...
I guess that's the reason why they ve never made AI replays ... because it's as awful as the benchmark test !

I will add also,that once the AI are out of sight, they either become very quick or very slow !
The handling of AI cars is not affected by grip/fuel weight issues ... only laptimes change,devs made scripts to control braking points and speeds,laptimes are not consequences of the handling ...
You can hear AIs at full throttle after slow corners,but you don't see their wheels spining nor their cars spining ...
I guess that's the reason why they ve never made AI replays ... because it's as awful as the benchmark test !

Completely the opposite of my career so far. As for seeing the AI wheels spinning, well driving from the cockpit and concentrating 110 % I just dont notice if they are spinning or not. Amazing you do really.
:rolleyes:

Completely the opposite of my career so far. As for seeing the AI wheels spinning, well driving from the cockpit and concentrating 110 % I just dont notice if they are spinning or not. Amazing you do really.
:rolleyes:
Most of us here (i guess) tried rFactor,GTR etc ... i guess the difference between a real time calculated game (simulation) and a scripted one is really obvious !
In the game, you always get the same exit from the pits and the same starts ... because those were scripted that way !

It's like Call of duty compared to Arma 2 ... or Mcdonalds compared to some high class restaurant ... with the first one ,you always get the same scenario/sandwitch !

After installing patch 4 i have problems, or not, with tyre wear. I don't have tyre wear anymore...! :)

Second problem is: when i select race strategy en select starting with less fuel, i start the race fuel +3.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's me but the grip level feel different now(much more,less wheel spin) driving the Lotus.
I agree that tyre wear feels scripted in regards to driving style, maybe setups make a difference? CM talk about lifting and coasting but the game doesn't seem that sophisticated me, I could be wrong?

I still can't hear a DRS bleep.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back