F1 2013 F1 2013 PC Patch #2

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Today sees our second PC Patch available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2013. We will update this topic once the patch goes live (today).

PC FPS Issues:

• We’ve made further improvements to the PC FPS issue whereby higher specification PC’s had a considerable lap time advantage over lower ones. The difference now should be negligible and should allow fair competition between all players. Again we are aware this is a hot topic and will continue to monitor the forums for feedback once this fix is live.
  • At 30+ FPS the track will now rubber in.
Minor Fixes:

• In Online Custom Races AI cars that have retired will now be removed from the track correctly.
  • Improved AI replication on high latency / low bandwidth connections in Online Custom Races.
  • Corrected Professional and Expert AI difficulty on Sakhir (Bahrain) & Monza.
  • Fixed an issue where on certain hardware all menus would be black.
  • Force feedback settings have been tweaked to remedy the mid corner ‘dropout’ that some players were reporting.
The above fixes (where relevant) for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are currently being tested and verified. These require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony so the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

"At 30+ FPS the track will now rubber in."

Gave this a try and thankfully it's true! Only had one race and noticed that driving on this line might lower tyre wear a bit as well.

Getting issues with the game crashing now though :( Didn't have this problem before the patch. No error message, just the screen goes black, the sound carries on for a few seconds and then it sends me to the desktop.

Last edited:
Congratz codemasters for braking the game just like 2011 .
This is once again the best blunder of all times the sli is all over the place.
The game is working fine for like 4-8 seconds and then it goes abit slow motion and the SLI utilization is at the minimum as far i can read it trough MSI.
If i disable SLI the game runs fine but on less than 120 fps which i usually prefer with 32 AA.
The same story happend in 2011 was working flawlessly after they patched the game the sli just was non existent ,and afterwards nvidia had to update the SLI profiles 3-5 times before it started working again lets hope this doesnt go that was in that extent or i will have to go back to pre-patched game and play it offline only.

Congratz codemasters for braking the game just like 2011 .
This is once again the best blunder of all times the sli is all over the place.
The game is working fine for like 4-8 seconds and then it goes abit slow motion and the SLI utilization is at the minimum as far i can read it trough MSI.
If i disable SLI the game runs fine but on less than 120 fps which i usually prefer with 32 AA.
The same story happend in 2011 was working flawlessly after they patched the game the sli just was non existent ,and afterwards nvidia had to update the SLI profiles 3-5 times before it started working again lets hope this doesnt go that was in that extent or i will have to go back to pre-patched game and play it offline only.

Can i just ask what GPU's you're running that necessitate running F1 in SLI?

Can i just ask what GPU's you're running that necessitate running F1 in SLI?
3x580GTX in SLI.
Also if you are interested in the full spec of the gaming here they are,
i7 2600k 5.2Ghz 1.47vCore Under custom water build
16 GB Corsair Domination 2133(OC) 7-7-7-15
Asus Maximus Extreme 4 p67
3x 580GTX Asus DirectCU II Under custom waster build (Oced 1050/2500) from 785/2004
2x SSD Raid 0 OCZ Vertex 3 128 GB Each
3 HDD WD Black Caviar 2TB Each for storage
PSU: Seasonic 1250 W
Case : Cooler Master HAF X

Last edited:
3x580GTX in SLI.
Also if you are interested in the full spec of the gaming here they are,
i7 2600k 5.2Ghz 1.47vCore Under custom water build
16 GB Corsair Domination 2133(OC) 7-7-7-15
Asus Maximus Extreme 4 p67
3x 580GTX Asus DirectCU II Under custom waster build (Oced 1050/2500) from 785/2004
2x SSD Raid 0 OCZ Vertex 3 128 GB Each
3 HDD WD Black Caviar 2TB Each for storage
PSU: Seasonic 1250 W
Case : Cooler Master HAF X

So why can't you just turn off SLI and just run the single 580? Are you trying to run 4k or 144hz? My single 670 runs the game maxed out at 60fps including HD mods, and from what i've read the 580 is comparable to the 670 with a couple of minor tweaks here and there.

So why can't you just turn off SLI and just run the single 580? Are you trying to run 4k or 144hz? My single 670 runs the game maxed out at 60fps including HD mods, and from what i've read the 580 is comparable to the 670 with a couple of minor tweaks here and there.
Well its been like what 5 years or so since i switched over 120 hz monitor and its not acceptable to play on less fps since my eyes are used to the 120 frames.
Also i do play with alot of AA something in the range of x32 + FXAA Forced + AO+ + SweetFX which kills the performance for a single card as you know.
And forcing that high AA usually requires abit more power by itself only,not to mention the rest.
And yes i do play at Ultra Settings and usually on single monitor but sometimes i do switch over triple screen or 42 inch TV.
I am used to play FPS at triplescreen but in F1 its quite akward atleast for me o.o

Well its been like what 5 years or so since i switched over 120 hz monitor and its not acceptable to play on less fps since my eyes are used to the 120 frames.
Also i do play with alot of AA something in the range of x32 + FXAA Forced + AO+ + SweetFX which kills the performance for a single card as you know.
And forcing that high AA usually requires abit more power by itself only,not to mention the rest.
And yes i do play at Ultra Settings and usually on single monitor but sometimes i do switch over triple screen or 42 inch TV.
I am used to play FPS at triplescreen but in F1 its quite akward atleast for me o.o

Don't get me wrong, i'm not being a dick or anything, just curious as to why you'd be annoyed at that considering its such an easy game to run on one card. 3 screens defs necessitates SLI.

They Just taken away the Front wheel slip mid corner effect. Shame its a good effect to feel the car at traction zones for me. Now i have the FFB through out the corners much like 2012.

OLD <FFBSlipAngle scale="1" min="0" peak="0.41" max="1.08" forceThresholdLow="0" forceThresholdHigh="115" minForce="2.5" peakForce="10.0" maxForce="0.38" scaleThresholdLow="0" scaleThresholdHigh="90" minScale="3.5" peakScale="6" maxScale="1"/>
Update2 <FFBSlipAngle scale="1" min="0" peak="0.41" max="1.5" forceThresholdLow="0" forceThresholdHigh="115" minForce="2.5" peakForce="10.0" maxForce="0.8" scaleThresholdLow="0" scaleThresholdHigh="90" minScale="3.5" peakScale="6" maxScale="1.5"/>
the only diffrence is max and maxforce (you can edit with notepad)

"At 30+ FPS the track will now rubber in."

Gave this a try and thankfully it's true! Only had one race and noticed that driving on this line might lower tyre wear a bit as well.

Getting issues with the game crashing now though :( Didn't have this problem before the patch. No error message, just the screen goes black, the sound carries on for a few seconds and then it sends me to the desktop.

Exactly the same here. Crashes randomly now with black screen, sound still on and then goes to desktop. Was winning a race at Nurburgring yesterday, last corner..........crash.

That pee'd me off somewhat.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back