F1 2013 F1 2013 on SSD or HDD ?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Should i install the game on SSD or HDD ? I have a lot of free space on the SSD
What do you think, guys ? Would the game load faster from SSD vs HDD ?
Thank you

I pretty much have all my games on SSD.

Most of the time you notice a slight speed difference in loading times, but sometimes you don't.

Games always seem to run smoother to me on SSD aswell.....but that just might be my imagination.

If you have the space....I'd say load it onto SSD.

I agree with ML2166.

It's running sweet off my HDD at the moment, but I usually move my most commonly played games over to my 240 GB gaming SSD using Steam Mover.

When space becomes low, or I have stopped playing a game (F1 2012 comes to mind last December), then I move the games back to HDD

EDIT: Just for info, Steam Mover is part of Game Save Manager

Thanks, guys
I will try to install it on SSD.
@ Graham Laing ; how could i move the game from HDD to SSD without uninstall ?

You can do it manually if you know about symbolic links and junctions ( look them up :) ).

Steam Mover is built into Game Save Manager that I linked to above, is the easy method to create and remove these junctions/links.

Essentially is a bit like creating a shortcut to a folder, a re-direct. To the operating system it's transparent it 'thinks' that the folder is still in it's original place, but in reality it's been moved to another drive or folder.

So even if the game updates (patches), it will patch correctly into the folder you moved it to. It's a great way of moving things without un-installing and re-installing

Steam Mover is a bit of a misnomer ..... apart from Steam games it naturally supports Origin game, additionally it can move ANY folder you want. You tell it manually which one and where you want to put it.

This means you can move any software you want or even data folders which hold large files, but are annoyingly stored on your C drive, which in my case is a limited sized 120 GB SSD

Last edited:
No it's MOVED, the data has gone to the new drive ......

On the HDD will just be a symbolic link (no files). The symbolic link just points to where the data actually is. So don't touch it

If I were to move a game from C:/Games/MyGame to F:/MyGame

When the move is carried out, a MyGame folder is created on F drive (the SSD). All the data is moved from C:/Games/MyGame. Then a symbolic link would be left behind in C:/Games pointing at F:/MyGame. (It actually looks like a shortcut, with the little arrow in the icon)

In fact if you browse to C:/Games/MyGame afterwards, you don't realise it, but actually you browsed into F:/MyGame. It's transparent.

As far as the operating knows, it is still where it was originally installed

This picture is my Steam folder on my Gaming HDD, you can see the symbolic links for the games that I have moved to my Gaming SSD

symbolic-links_zps0612731b.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back