F1 2013 F1 2013 - Logitech G27 Settings

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
This post is for anyone who owns a logitech G27 and the FFB is frantic and out of control... this bug was on F1 2012 also (shakes fist... argghhh Codemasters!)

To fix the issue just do exactly the same as you did on F1 2012... turn on V-Sync... thats it... if you don't have the issue with a G27 then awesome no need to do this. (Not sure if the G25 has the same issue)

Cheers :thumbsup:

OK more G27 settings, essentially stolen from iVG over at Codemasters Forum, tweaked very slightly. I have been using this for a while and actually quite like it.

It looks counter intuitive, especially with the 50% profiler effects & 30% in game effects but it's OK. You also do not need wheel weight at all.

With the G27 we've become addicted to 107% feedback strength in the profiler, with other games in the series. That's what makes this setup look strange to us.

Anyway, have a go and see how you like it, adjust as you see fit :)

Logitech Profiler Settings

F12013LogitechProfiler_zpsaee20110.png

F1 2013 Steering settings

F12013G27Steering1_zpsadb58e32.png

F12013G27Steering2_zps4611734a.png

F12013G28Steering3_zps09c9c953.png

Last edited:
Some really strange settings on here... ranging from sore hands to hardly any feel whatsoever.. here is my balanced effort which is nearly the same as some of the others.

Used Real Feel FFB MOD for F1 2012 v5.2 - 7-Realistic medium tarmac (essential)

// Global Device Settings //

Overall Effects: 107%
Spring Effect: 0%
Damper Effect: 0%
Centering Spring: Enabled :thumbsup: 0%
Degrees of Rotation: 271

// In-game //

Steering deadzone: 00%
Steering saturation: 00%
Steering linearity: 00%
Throttle deadzone: 00%
Throttle saturation: 00%
Brake deadzone: 00%
Brake saturation: 05%

// Force Feedback //

Environmental effects: 30%
Feedback effects: 60%
Wheel weight: 80%

I have a question, I hope I am in the right thread;).
In F1 2012 and 2013, I only have FFB effects driving over curbs or through gras, no matter which FFB setup I use in the game options. On the track, there is no FFB and I do not feel any "bumps". In F1 2011 there is.
The other strange thing: When I switch off the option "allow game to adjust settings" in the Logitech Profiler and choose heavy FFB right there in the Logitech Menu, there is no difference.
I am on PC, using G 27 wheel.
Has anybody a clue? I actually switched Vsync on, does not change anything for me.
Have to apologise for my English, hope you understand what I am talking about:whistling:.

Last edited:
anybody knows if its possible to get rear wheelspin feedback on g27?

With the xbox controller its there and helps a lot! giving advantage on knowing when exactly hit the gas.

its possible to edit xml on ffb mod to amplify this effect or at least feel something??

thx in advance.

I had one race where ffb was actually working somewhat and the car was so much more manageable. The vsync worked, but then I tried playing with settings more and it went away again. This game has horrible optimization, it's embarrassing.

Also, can anyone get the wheel to stop at a certain degree of rotation? Mine won't listen to the profile settings unless I change the default settings. The game profile won't do anything.

I think I have the solution for your problem. Unfortunately, I have the german version of Logitech Profiler installed and do not know the name of the different menu options in English, but I hope I can help anyway.

1. Just prepare your special game settings like you used to do
2. When you click on "Options" in your Profiler, you should see two options: One is for global settings, the other one for "adjust profil for game" (or something like that). Click that option. Then choose "select profiles automatically for game" (or what it means in English) and click on "OK". That's it. Hope I could help;).
example1.jpg

example.jpg

Last edited:
FIXED IT FOR MYSELF! :D

Got the game tonight, and the FFB was VERY bad, as you guys realised already. Then I googled, and I saw that the people who have it on 2013, had it on 2012 as well - but I didn't...

So long story short, I did it by deductive reasoning, tried a few things that didn't work, but the mamma that worked for me, was turning Anti-Aliasing in the game itself to MAX, something like 16X CSAA, way to the right. And kaboom, same as my F1 2012, and both work fine...

Try it. :D

EDIT: Now it does it on different corners.

Seriously Codemasters, WTF is this game?

Last edited:
I recently purchased logitech G27 and aspiring to improve my lap times.
Unfortunately I am around 2 sec slower than my controller lap times.
At first it was to enable my G27 to act normally and correctly
in game.Reading many discussions here in RD, Fix it turning the vsync ON.
After that I had issues with grip and as such loss of force feedback in tight corners.
I found a line from (No understeer FFB effect Mod 1.1) combine it with
(F112_Real_Feel_FFB_V 5.2 mod) and I think that disable weird front tyre slip effect.
Now i had better cornering but not perfect.
I have tried all of the wheel setups here (in logitech
profiler and in game settings) but i am slower than that with my x360
controller and i have a bad driving feel.

My Logitech profiler settings now is:
Overall Effects:110
Spring Effect:0
Damper Effect:0
Centering Spring: Yes 0
Degrees of Rotation:275
Allow game to adjust:ON

And in game:
Steering deadzone:1
Steering saturation:0
Steering linearity:0
Throttle deadzone:0
Throttle saturation:0
Brake deadzone:2
Brake saturation:0

Environmental effects:30
Feedback effects:100
Wheel weight:0
Device override:Steering wheel
Vsync: ON

I am around 2 sec slower than my controller lap times.
I do something wrong? Is there something I forget?
It is a matter of practice? Is there a trick?
Help!

FIXED IT FOR MYSELF! :D

Got the game tonight, and the FFB was VERY bad, as you guys realised already. Then I googled, and I saw that the people who have it on 2013, had it on 2012 as well - but I didn't...

So long story short, I did it by deductive reasoning, tried a few things that didn't work, but the mamma that worked for me, was turning Anti-Aliasing in the game itself to MAX, something like 16X CSAA, way to the right. And kaboom, same as my F1 2012, and both work fine...

Try it. :D

EDIT: Now it does it on different corners.

Seriously Codemasters, WTF is this game?
Its been figured out long ago but not fixed. The wheel cant process more than 100fps information - so the reason your graphicchanges helped a little is because you made your gfx work harder and that results in lower FPS - but if you still experience it on some corners thats where the gfxcard CAN keep up and delivers more than 100 fps -

Vsync = vertical synchronization. Its keeps the image in sync with the fps. The image being controlled and showed by an amount of Herz - HZ - setting your screen to max 100hz and then enable vsync you automatically limit it to 100fps - see? it works and you wont tell the difference between 120 or 100 hz. Im in the same boat :):

either way, codemasters should work it out - since they dont plan on a bigger or better wheel this should get some attention. FIRMWARE update please!

Its been figured out long ago but not fixed. The wheel cant process more than 100fps information - so the reason your graphicchanges helped a little is because you made your gfx work harder and that results in lower FPS - but if you still experience it on some corners thats where the gfxcard CAN keep up and delivers more than 100 fps -

Vsync = vertical synchronization. Its keeps the image in sync with the fps. The image being controlled and showed by an amount of Herz - HZ - setting your screen to max 100hz and then enable vsync you automatically limit it to 100fps - see? it works and you wont tell the difference between 120 or 100 hz. Im in the same boat :):

either way, codemasters should work it out - since they dont plan on a bigger or better wheel this should get some attention. FIRMWARE update please!

Well it's 100% fixed for me. ;)

Also, I don't have Vsync on, I just limited the FPS. You should try it. It's not the best solution, but it works as I wanted it to.

Well it's 100% fixed for me. ;)

Also, I don't have Vsync on, I just limited the FPS. You should try it. It's not the best solution, but it works as I wanted it to.
What i mean by not fixed yet is that it is a bug/limitation in the wheel - THAT has not been fixed. What both you and I do, is called a workaround - the "issue" still remains, the fact that we have to do something about FPS for FFB to react normally.

And why would i try it - when i have just explained to you how to fix it with just the game :D ? - i dont need unnecessary apps on my machine :). So vsync or no vsync - whatever works man.

What i mean by not fixed yet is that it is a bug/limitation in the wheel - THAT has not been fixed. What both you and I do, is called a workaround - the "issue" still remains, the fact that we have to do something about FPS for FFB to react normally.

And why would i try it - when i have just explained to you how to fix it with just the game :D ? - i dont need unnecessary apps on my machine :). So vsync or no vsync - whatever works man.

Vsync induces input lag, so that's not really a viable fix for me.

As long as you're happy with it, nothing wrong then. ;)

Also, Nvidia Inspector is not only used for FPS limitation, so it's not unnecessary by any stretch of the imagination.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%