F1 2013 F1 2013 - Logitech G27 Settings

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
This post is for anyone who owns a logitech G27 and the FFB is frantic and out of control... this bug was on F1 2012 also (shakes fist... argghhh Codemasters!)

To fix the issue just do exactly the same as you did on F1 2012... turn on V-Sync... thats it... if you don't have the issue with a G27 then awesome no need to do this. (Not sure if the G25 has the same issue)

Cheers :thumbsup:

I am yet to try the game ....... I am not racing the middle of the night.

However I do use a 120 Hz monitor and get very nice frame rates in the benchmark test on Ultra. There is no way I am putting VSync on ....... not for any game. Yes I do have a G27. :)

Nothing wrong with 60 fps, in fact it's a nice sweet spot where games look very nice.

However if you have invested in a 120 hz monitor and a good graphics card, then you would love 120 fps. It just goes with the territory :)

Not all games seem to vsync
But V-Sync limits your FPS at the refresh rate of your monitor, so if you have a powerful enough GPU then it would stay at 120 fps all the time. :)

With many games, if you dip below your sync rate, then it knock the frame rate down to a lower multiple of the frame rate. I don't want it dipping to 60 then back up to 120, when I would still be happy at 110 (the dip).

Anyway I have yet to test this in this game. The bummer in some heavy duty games, is when you sync at 60 and it drops to sync at 30 if you can't maintain 60 constantly, in most game this looks nasty and can almost be unusable IMO.

Last edited:
I had one race where ffb was actually working somewhat and the car was so much more manageable. The vsync worked, but then I tried playing with settings more and it went away again. This game has horrible optimization, it's embarrassing.

Also, can anyone get the wheel to stop at a certain degree of rotation? Mine won't listen to the profile settings unless I change the default settings. The game profile won't do anything.

Element515 for me the profiler only memorizes button configs (which i never touched anyway) for FFB and wheel rotation settings i have to manually adjust from game to game, for some (very stupid) reason it's not understood as part of the specific game profile.

Contrary to what I said above regarding vsync, I have no choice but to use is with my G27 on PC.

My wheel is kicking about in all the wrong places, from a total dead feel with no FFB, to suddenly kicking at the wrong moment, at the wrong place, and in the wrong direction. I even spent nearly half a lap at Melbourne with the wheel wanting to go hard right, it's pathetic.

I have a good graphics card (HD 7970) that can maintain over 120 fps. However with the screen frequency in the graphic options set to 120 and vsync ON. I still get the crap described above. So vsync @ 120hz does not help.

The ONLY way to enable my G27 to act normally and correctly in game, is to set the screen frequency in the graphics option to 59 (why no 60?), and turn vsync ON.

Not impressed.

I blame Obama ;)

Last edited:
I can't understand that such an issue with a well known wheel like G27 can still be there in a 2013 F1 racing game !
Vsync on do not solve the problem, FFB is still very bad with lot of clipping at 120, 110 and even 100 hz...
Too bad !

Of course I am not saying it's perfect @60hz and vsync on. Just that the random 'wildness' is removed, leaving you with a usable wheel and reasonable FFB.

Previously (no vsync) the wheel was for all intents and purposes more of a hindrance than a help, pretty useless. Even F1 2012 was better than this. :)

The FFB mods for 2012 work great for 2013

Using "realistic low tarmac" version of F112 Real Feel FFB v52
also Venoms F1 2012 FFB road feel is nice too.

The F112 version gives the "kick" when changing gears that that I liked in F1 2012.

Both of these remove the deadness felt in f1 2013.

I replaced the ffbslipangle line(the one removed by the oversteer 2013 mod) with the f1 2013 line to see if there was anything special about it...there is nothing.

Famatec CSR Elite FW 750B
Wheel weight=0
FFB=90
Enviornment=60

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%