Resource icon

Misc F1 2013 Ferrari 3D Model with Skin 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Wasn't on about your post, was on about the one directly under it.

:thumbsup:
Hi yes Sorry about that,,,
I am 3/4 the way finished I had a Friend invite on Steam.
The guy could not open up a PSSG so after a little Fault diagnosis I worked out that he must not have had the .dll files inside his RPE.
So I told him to only download RYDER mods from his website.
Then he did not understand how to use Photoshop so I have just spent around 2 Hours helping this Guy out so He can Make his own liveries.

The Conversion is going ok I have Finished 3/4 and the LODO_ Just need to finish LOD1_ I am on it now.

Can i ask you guys what does this mod do?I mean it's just the conversion of the 2011 model to 2012 game with correct mirrors or it's something more?

Can i ask you guys what does this mod do?I mean it's just the conversion of the 2011 model to 2012 game with correct mirrors or it's something more?

Thats what is being aimed at yes.

To bring the 2011 models into the 2012 game fully complete and working.

And then maybe we can begin skinning the 2013 skins on them ?I would like to help in those too :sneaky:
I started on the bringing the 2011 car / 2012 game .
But the information on the Mirrors is different on about 4 aspects different Code Names and different information its not possible to do what I was trying.

So the only way to bring 2010/11/12 cars to 2013 would be to Modify the Database and Schema.
So that the game reads the information as it does in each game / 2010 for example
on each instance.

So that idea has been binned.

What I am doing now is bringing the 2011 Nosecone / And putting the Nosecone on the 2012 Ferrari Car.

I have swapped the Information exactly Starting from the RootNode and the Part number that I found Inside 3DSimed30k.

Inside the RootNode you will find the MATRIXPALLETEBUNDLENODE /
Each BUNDLENODE Consists of the LOD0_ LOD1_ LOD2_ Files.

Each LOD0_ inside this there is all the MPJRi part Numbers that you will find inside
3DSimed30k.
When you go to Edit Materials.

So for Example I am changing the Nosecone over.
So inside the LOD0_ There is all the parts of the Car
Each part of the Car the information is in the
MATRIXPALLETJOINTNODE

This joint Node as the Atributes of the Car
Also Transform / & / BoundingBox
These hold the Node Data which comes as 00-4F-00-60-4D for example.

Underneath these 2 / Transform / & / BoundingBox
You will Find the
MATRIXPALLETEJOINTRENDERINSTANCE
Inside this you will find the where the Source Data is.
It will have a Source Code like this for Example / #x0_RDS42
The RDS Source Code is Short for
RENDERDATASOURCE
Inside the Corresponding RDS Source you will find the information to the Corresponding
DATABLOCK
For example the Corresponding #x0_RDS42 File will lead you to
DATABLOCK #Block50 #Block51 #Block49

Within the DATABLOCK you will have
DATABLOCKSTREAM
DATABLOCKDATA
The DataBlockData Holds the Atributes Such as the DataType and RenderType.
These are so the EgoEngine understands what type of Data is in the DATABLOCKDATA
So it will Read the 00-4F-00-60-4D Node From the DATABLOCK as Float for Example.

So anyway I have Replaced all the information Inside the LowLOD and the HighLOD
The LowLOD Starts from LOD1_/ LOD4_
The HighLOD Starts from LOD0_/ LOD2_

In the LowLOD I had to change all the Nosecone information from LOD0_/ LOD3
In the HighLOD I had to change all the Nosecone information from LOD0_/ LOD1_

So in all I have had to change the information inside 5 LOD,s
And each LOD I have had to change 6 DATABLOCK
So that is about 30 Datablock,s if I am not wrong but the issue I am having now,
Is that the
Low & HighLOD are all finished but the Game still crashes back to the Menu.

I can not open the High Or Low LOD Inside 3DSimed it keeps saying.

Problem Building Geometry and Crashes,

So I remembered Petar From RYDER25 Sent me a PSSG Viewer .
I opened up the PSSG Viewer and Exported the Project as .obj

Opened the .obj Inside KEYSHOT and the Nosecone is perfect but the Struts from
the Nosecone to the front wing are Missing.

So I am going to Recheck the Information in all the LOD,s but I double Checked everything to this would not happen .

The problem I think is the Issue is inside The LowLOD & HighLOD
There is the LOD4_ & LOD2_ That I have not changed
These hold the information to the entire Geometry to the Car

I am going to Change These to see if it makes any Difference , But after looking
Inside 3DSimed at the Geometries there is a couple of Differences Like the
Wing Mirrors on the 2012/ LOD are Higher than the 2011 LOD

Anyway this is all I have Learned so far and ill keep you Guy,s posted if I make any more progress.;)

I started on the bringing the 2011 car / 2012 game .
But the information on the Mirrors is different on about 4 aspects different Code Names and different information its not possible to do what I was trying.
So basically you try to paste the 2011 parts on the 2012 models?Seems kinda complicated as you mentioned, didn't understand anything of it, just the nose part :DD
So the edited models can be reskinned or not?

So basically you try to paste the 2011 parts on the 2012 models?Seems kinda complicated as you mentioned, didn't understand anything of it, just the nose part :DD
Yes Reskinned will not be an issue the wireframe should be the same but if not ill
Export a new wireframe from 3DSimed ,

Looking at these Renders I have Noticed that something on the Sidepods looks a little F*cked lol
Ill have to Recheck it again.
untitled.6.jpg
untitled.7.jpg
untitled.8.jpg

Ah i see , nice job there :).
I can not understand where the front wing struts are but ill double check everything again.
I really hope I get this working but at least I am learning on the structure of the LOD,S
And at the minute this is more important to me than playing on it LOL.

I can not understand where the front wing struts are but ill double check everything again.
I really hope I get this working but at least I am learning on the structure of the LOD,S
And at the minute this is more important to me than playing on it LOL.
Yeah and the it would be a big addition to the game, and beleive me everyone would like your mod once it's finished and it works like charm :). I personally hate the playtypus nose ( as i think most of the f1 fans too ) , they just didn't look right, like a duck. But anyway in 2013 game it won't be a problem :). But still if the dlc's of the game will be moddable then we could create a whole season of the old cars.It would be great :)

Wouldn't worry too much about the sidepods.......sometimes Keyshot does that to an obj file. Might not be the case this time.....but sometimes it happens.

Wouldn't worry too much about the sidepods.......sometimes Keyshot does that to an obj file. Might not be the case this time.....but sometimes it happens.
I think the Sidepods due to KeyShot Crashing after only loading half the file.

But I have just Finished Changing the FrontFin and what I have found is interesting.

The FrontFin in The LOD0_ & LOD1_ in the HighLOD are Connected to the MATRIXPALLETEJOINTNODE
Of the DATABLOCK Leading From the Nosecone / To the FrontFin to the Entire LOD0_ & LOD1_ Itself and looking at the joint ID,s Some of the DATABLOCK,s I have Changed have about 4/11 Joint ID,s So this way I have been trying is not possible either without spending at Least 5 days about 60 Hours Changing over Half the Car to the Corresponding ID,s.

In the last 5 Day,s I have thrown the kitchen sink at it and it just keeps throwing it back.

At least 40 Hours inside the LOD,s trying to work it out Now I am going to Concentrate all my Efforts inside the Database & Schema
And hopefully Bring 2010/11/12 to F1 2013 As full Car Season Mod.

Wow, you guys are all speaking Chinese to me, but it is fascinating to follow your journey of discovery in dissecting the code structure of this game! I can;t wait to see the final results. I would love to be able to do what you guys are doing, but this ain't going to happen, cause you are from an other planet than mine! :(
Keep up the good work! you guys are geniuses!

Wait a Minute found another way I am going to put the 2012 Mirrors itself Onto the 2011
Car itself.
This way Ill have all the Correct information This will be My 3rd attempt @ Bringing in the Ferrari hopefully 3rd Time lucky after this Conversion if it works great but then I need to get inside the Database & Schema ill bring you Guy,s the Ferrari./

Wait a Minute found another way I am going to put the 2012 Mirrors itself Onto the 2011
Car itself.
This way Ill have all the Correct information This will be My 3rd attempt @ Bringing in the Ferrari hopefully 3rd Time lucky after this Conversion if it works great but then I need to get inside the Database & Schema ill bring you Guy,s the Ferrari./

That would depend on where the mirrors are going to end up on the car texture file of 2011. Or would it?

Wow, you guys are all speaking Chinese to me, but it is fascinating to follow your journey of discovery in dissecting the code structure of this game! I can;t wait to see the final results. I would love to be able to do what you guys are doing, but this ain't going to happen, cause you are from an other planet than mine! :(
Keep up the good work! you guys are geniuses!
I Just do Things same as my Racing I have Over 100 World Records on Codemasters
Games From Dirt2/Dirt3 & Showdown with a Little F1.
Probably not from Skill but due to just Shear determination to Be the Fastest or the Best
On Dirt3 On XBOX 360 I held every Single Gymkhana World Record For over a Year until Dirt Showdown Came out then I lost one or Two.
Same goes to these Conversions ill Keep attempting them until it Fails.

Are you going to be doing the wireframe from within 3ds max? If so, are you doing the shadow maps etc etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%