F1 2013 F1 2013 crashes my PC all the time

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Sure :

CPU : 2600K @ 4.8 GHZ (i tried without overclocking)
GFX : PNY GTX 670 (latest nvidia drivers 327.xx)
RAM : 8 Go Kingston HyperX @ 1600 mhz
2x OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Win7 64bits ultimate!

It's the only game that crashes for me !

Last edited:
Initial reaction is to say that you are well in spec for this game.

If I were to start somewhere, then I would take off any overclock of both the cpu and graphics card, if you do overclock both.

Update your graphic drivers if needed.

I would look at CPU temperature and graphics temperatures, then monitor the game. Ideal if you have a 2nd monitor.

You could also try the game in Windowed mode, it is in the graphic settings. In this mode at least you would have access to your desktop when the game is running. Plus it may only crash in full screen mode, so testing in Windowed mode is helpful.

L Alt - Enter will get you into Windowed mode too.

If you don't have any monitoring programs, MSI Afterburner is good for graphics card, also GPU-Z. For the CPU you can use 'RealTemp', 'Core Temp', or perhaps HW Monitor.

HWMonitor
MSI Afterburner
RealTemp
CoreTemp
GPU-Z

So essentially I would monitor whilst you play. Some of these (or all) can save log files, so you can see what has happened up to the point of a crash, especially if you are in full screen mode.

Temperature wise I am not sure about your CPU, but I uses an i7 which will throttle at 105 degrees C. But I would never let it past 80 or perhaps 85 max. 80 is my favourite here.

Graphics card is usually in the 70 - 80 degrees C area, but should handle 80 to 90 degrees with no problem.

Anyway .... this where I would start. Graphic cards are a favourite, but so are overclocked CPUs.

Cheers :)

I have a similar problem and I hope it's fine if I use this thread for it?^^

My PC has the following set-up:
CPU (processor): 4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10 GHz, 3093 MHz
Graphic Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000
RAM (internal memory): 3975 MB
Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition, 64-bit

The same as the thread starter, I have the problem that the game crashes when it starts (or afterwards) and throws me back to the desktop. I have read somewhere on this forum that the game isn't compatible with 4:3 monitors? Is that true? In that case I would have to change to the 16:9 flatscreen monitor.

I tried another go with 1600x1200px resolution, the game was a bit more stable this time but broke down after a few minutes. The failure message I was getting now (for the first time): "The display driver has been restored after a mistake. The display driver "Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R)" doesn't respond anymore and has been restored." Sorry if it sounds a bit awkward but I have been translating it from the German language.

The graphic card requirement is not met according to the game package cover (it should be at least HD Graphics 3000 or higher), but I'm unsure whether this could cause the breakdowns? I would rather have expected that the game just runs slowly. If that is really the case, I could still use the graphic card from my old PC, that is better. But before I do anything I want to know what is the root of the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help from the people with more knowledge. :)

HI,
my game crashes after a few races casually, the loading screen remains fixed, and I have to close the application.
I have windows 7,with the last graphic drivers for my nvidia, 8gb of ram and an i7.
I can not explain why I have this problem...

@Feuerdrache

I would say it is down to your graphics card being below spec of HD2600 +

It also has to be DX11 (maybe DX10 will work, I am not sure), but the specs are :-

Minimum:
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD2600 or NVIDIA Geforce 8600
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard
Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7/AMD Bulldozer
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD HD6000 Series/Nvidia GTX500 Series minimum 1GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Hard Drive: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard

Allright, thanks for the fast clarification. :)

Just so you know, the HD2000 integrated graphics (iGPU) is DX10.1 only. The integrated graphics on CPU's didn't become DX11 compatible until the 3rd generation of the chips, which have a HD4000 DX11 iGPU, like the one I have in my i7 3770k.

I use a discrete graphics card though, I only occasionally use the iGPU for Quicksync video rendering.

Hello again,

I reinstalled everything, and it looks fine ... for now :D

Doesn't mean ,it's the only solution !

Thanks for the help guys ;)

Excellent ...... good luck.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back