F1 2013 F1 2013 Classic Edition for PC (Dudes)

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi everyone!

I have received a F1 2013 pre-order mail from codemasters and I have seen that the Classic Edition for PC is only in digital download.

I would like to get the physical edition but it has less features. So I will lose classical drivers and classical circuits (Imola & Estoril).

If I get the standard phisical version, it's possible later to download the features that are not included in the standard version?

Thanks in advance for your answers!;)

Yeah, as far as I know, all the bonus content from the Classic edition is going to be available later as DLC (not free of course, otherwise what would be the point of releasing two editions).

1.I still didn't get this. Why they are not releasing a whole Classic Edition which contains every thing for PC
2. If we buy Game do we need to pay again to get the game's Classic Content or was it sufficient as we are allowed to have a DLC right away we register the game.

As I said in another thread, I think they are reducing publication costs because the PC version is the less profitable one.

I think they make their real bucks on the console versions of the game. With the PC version (Standard DVD ), you will have to register it on Steam anyway. By doing this they then have a ideal delivery system for the Classic version, digital delivery equals less costs.

That's my theory anyway :)

I just hope that I can buy a Steam DLC key from the other sources I often use, and not be stuck with the slightly inflated prices of Steam as my only choice.

Consoles = Standard Edition (80's) or Classic Edition (80's & 90's)

1/ PC - Standard Edition DVD (80's) - Upgrade to Classic Edition via Steam DLC (add 90's)

2/ PC - Standard Edition Steam version (80's) - Upgrade to Classic via Steam DLC (add 90's)

3/ PC - Classic Edition (80's & 90's) Digital Steam Package ...... This does not exist.

Number 3 is a possibility (not announced) and may not happen, but it would seem logical to be able to buy the whole Classic Version as a package on Steam, in one deal

At the moment on Steam, they only mention the 1980's ...... F1 2013 Steam page

That stinks not being able to get the Limited Edition Classic (DVD) for PC. I am getting the 360 Classic DVD. I am excited for this release, just hope Codies will not have so many bugs. Mainly need that penalty system fixed, which I think I read they did........heard that before.

I will make the same as you. I will buy the standard version in Game Stores and then I will decide to get the DLC on steam. The price of the DLC will be important but it will be nice to run with those 90 cars in Imola and Storil. ;)

For me it's more down to how big the download file would be for the entire game. lol
I only have 50GB per month to play with, so getting F1 2013 calssic edition all in 1 day would hurt ahah.

Also, i like having a hard copy. They're so disc-y with all their disc-y-ness. lol

• Deleted member 90535

For me it's more down to how big the download file would be for the entire game. lol
I only have 50GB per month to play with, so getting F1 2013 calssic edition all in 1 day would hurt ahah.

Also, i like having a hard copy. They're so disc-y with all their disc-y-ness. lol

I believe that most of the content will be on disc of standard edition, and you'll just have to download some additional files. It's what most developers do right now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%