F1 2013 F1 2013 and steam

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
i gave a new PC, just built, I have my copy of f1 2013, and it's still listed on steam, but I'm yet to install it on PC,

Q: do I just install as normal, and will steam account pick it up somehow, ? I'm confused how to set up?

Nick.

@Nick10
First you have ot install Steam. After that you have to activate your old Steam account on your new PC. From there just install the Game. This works when you bought the game on steam. If not, install it normaly, and make a shortcut to it inside Steam.
Cheers
Andrew
- Have FUN out there. -

Last edited:
Once it's tied to you Steam account, you never need your DVD again (if you have one).

Once you have your Steam account operating on you new PC, any software in your game list can be installed by selecting it and hitting the install button, or right clicking it in the list and selecting install.

If you are already using Steam on a PC, where all the Steam files are intact, you can probably repair it.

For instance, I have a dedicated gaming hard drive (drive F), Steam is also installed on that drive. If I were to fit that drive into a new PC, or wipe my C drive and re-install my operating system, then I should be able to recover all my Steam games without re-installing each game individually.

So if I have my new system running. I would browse to my F drive and the Steam install folder. I would delete everything (every file and folder) EXCEPT the steamapps folder, and the Steam.exe file

I would now click and run the Steam.exe file. After logging into your Steam account, the background steam service should be re-installed, steam will become officially registered with the operating system, and the steamapps will be checked. You should be good to go now.

If you have SteamGuard Enabled, turn it off before going through this, otherwise you will have to go through the email verification process when you try to log into Steam.

If Steam and it's files are on your C drive (why?), and you need to format that drive. Then copy the
the steamapps folder, and the Steam.exe file off on go another drive or external drive. Once the C drive is formatted and the OS installed. Copy them back to the correct path on the C drive, creating folders if necessary :-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps

Then do the same as I did above with the F drive

I am going to guess that this is more info than you really wanted ....... sorry about that :D

All done, but finding steam frustrating, i assume the game I installed from disk, but have to play via steam, isn't stored on my hard drive?
Because I can't find the F1 exe? So I'm unable to set up Logitech profiler?also, if it's not stored on my PC, how can I add mods?

Nick.

Hi parginos,

Before I answered I checked that, your correct, the exe is in the common folder of steam, I haven't tried the Logitech profiler yet, but now I know where the exe is, I'm sure that will work.

I'm also told the VSYNC needs to be on ?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Nick.

My new $1600 plus machine, used for 2 hours so far since picking up, just died! F 1 started running in windowed mode? Where I have the desktop task bar and page top in view? So I decided to reboot,see if it helps, won't boot, just clicks? The cpu fan spins,then stops,and does that repeatable for ? Ever!

Back to shop tomorrow? Weird

Anyway,

Nick.

Thanks graham, test was frustrating, pc back to dealer today, I think mobo dead,

I'll actually get to race soon I think :)

Get this running and I'll grab Asseto, wanted to get F 1 sorted first.

Thanks again.fantastic help, I hope to post valuable content one day!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.1%