F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patching It Up, Episode #11

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
This time around it took CM 5 days to release another patch, keeping the support for the recently released F1 2012 The Game up. However, Codemasters announced that this will be - very likely - the last patch on PC. This should mean that there are either no known issues left or none of them is considered a biggie. However, seeing how great the support has been so far Codemasters will surely release another patch if it's necessary.

This update addresses the following issues:
  • Made an improvement to the AI under braking that will stop them from crashing in to the back of the player so frequently.
  • Deactivated the run_on_cpu option which was added with the last patch. The feedback given did not indicate that this improved the framerate for anybody.Fixed two issues when using the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel.
  • The default Logitech control profile is always selected after player attempts to customise the controls with this wheel.
  • Placeholder graphic shown for View Replay button icon when using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel as no button/key is assigned to View Replay.

General workarounds:
  • If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down.
  • If you have the incorrect race distance in season two issue please try: from the Main Menu select Career -> Career -> Settings -> Race Settings. Back out (you don’t need to change anything) and scroll back to the Main Hub.

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance. This is probably the main reason for Codemasters trying to bundle console patches together. The first console patch for players of the US version, however, should arrive within the next week. All other players should've received console patch #1 already.

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources (the ultimate HD mod compilation amongst it), custom club and league races, setups and much more.
View the Post on the Blog

I had the same thing, unfortunately I had no back up.
So career is not happening for me at the moment till a patch is out.

The sad thing is this time last year we struggled to get everyone a slot online. Now it's the opposite I'm just short of paying people to race online lol, and every race had to be set to dry.
When we do race theres always someone suffering from some sort of bug which ruins their race.

I'm not here to slate the game it has the potential to be the best F1 game codemasters brought out, but the longer we wait for this patch the more drivers we lose.

Thanks for your honesty Tom, lets hope codemaster put this right soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%