F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patching It Up, Episode #11

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
This time around it took CM 5 days to release another patch, keeping the support for the recently released F1 2012 The Game up. However, Codemasters announced that this will be - very likely - the last patch on PC. This should mean that there are either no known issues left or none of them is considered a biggie. However, seeing how great the support has been so far Codemasters will surely release another patch if it's necessary.

This update addresses the following issues:
  • Made an improvement to the AI under braking that will stop them from crashing in to the back of the player so frequently.
  • Deactivated the run_on_cpu option which was added with the last patch. The feedback given did not indicate that this improved the framerate for anybody.Fixed two issues when using the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel.
  • The default Logitech control profile is always selected after player attempts to customise the controls with this wheel.
  • Placeholder graphic shown for View Replay button icon when using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel as no button/key is assigned to View Replay.

General workarounds:
  • If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down.
  • If you have the incorrect race distance in season two issue please try: from the Main Menu select Career -> Career -> Settings -> Race Settings. Back out (you don’t need to change anything) and scroll back to the Main Hub.

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance. This is probably the main reason for Codemasters trying to bundle console patches together. The first console patch for players of the US version, however, should arrive within the next week. All other players should've received console patch #1 already.

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources (the ultimate HD mod compilation amongst it), custom club and league races, setups and much more.
View the Post on the Blog

Alright, I haven't touched F1 2012 since patch 2 came out so this should be good. Although I doubt I'll directly notice any improvements it seems I've avoided all major bugs 'n glitches.
Just don't to save after Q3 and start the race the next day...I thought it'd work since it was supposed to be fixed. Ruined the first race of my first real season (aka season 2 and back in the McLaren) since I was stuck with the default setup. :poop:

The htz are still stuck to a minimum of 50,
Stops me playing in 1920x1080,
f1 2010 2011 are fine but this game im stuck on 1280x720 for this reason.
hope they fix this problem for not everyone has the latest tv.

where is the patch for xbox 360????? :( they had told for early this week in europe!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's up to MS since it's been submitted...so be angry at them instead of CM.

My TV is 4 years old and wasn't exactly a high-priced one (LG 42") either but I can run 60hz just fine. :O_o:

where is the patch for xbox 360????? :( they had told for early this week in europe!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's up to MS since it's been submitted...so be angry at them instead of CM.

My TV is 4 years old and wasn't exactly a high-priced one (LG 42") either but I can run 60hz just fine. :O_o:
I payed 1600 for my 48 inch,
but that was over 6 years ago and only supports 60 hz @ 1280x720 res.
The thing is f1 2010 , 2011 play just fine on 1920x1080 including all other games i have.
This is the only game i have that dont let me play full screen for some reason.
The only way for me to play in 1920x1080 is to set it to window mode,
If i alt enter it jumps to 1280x720 and its anoying me,
Ive tried editing the config file without any luck.

They stil havent fixes the rendor on the tires,
You can see in this vid i just made where the shadows on the tires are repeating.
Hope they fix this soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Bnuz8W0nM

I payed 1600 for my 48 inch,
but that was over 6 years ago and only supports 60 hz @ 1280x720 res.
The thing is f1 2010 , 2011 play just fine on 1920x1080 including all other games i have.
This is the only game i have that dont let me play full screen for some reason.
The only way for me to play in 1920x1080 is to set it to window mode,
If i alt enter it jumps to 1280x720 and its anoying me,
Ive tried editing the config file without any luck.

I see, sucks. :\

F1 2012 is officially a flop for Xbox users, a complete disaster cant fill the grid at all with humans there's just no interest from drivers to race this game any more and tbh I don't blame them, we been mugged. Glad PC guys are getting what they need. But trying to defend CM you must be kidding me.

It's not about defending CM but being fair.

If they gave the patch to Microsoft and they didn't approve it yet - CM isn't at fault. If they're trying to fix stuff with patches even tho they couldn't before the game was released - fine.

We had nothing before 2010. Now we have an acceptable official F1 series. It's not perfect but it's very good. Hope they finish with the patches though. By the way: "If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down." is just unacceptable, seriously. ;)

Tom I understand that point, but putting out a game in the first place, which is so far unplayable is criminal. We've been mugged good and proper.

Well, let me tell you a story. I've just tried to start race 2 of my career, Malaysia. It said 0% chance of rain for the race, so I used a dry setup. Come race day all AI drivers are using intermediate tyres...the sun is shining...I can hear the water on the street..yet, can't see anything.

Right, I made a backup just before the first race in Australia - so back to that one, through Australia again. Come race day in Malaysia...same story. I did actually repeat that two times, so I've been through the Malaysia R&D (3 laps per R&D attempt) two times & qualifying three times.

I've stopped playing for today since I wouldn't want to save after Q3, don't want to run into the parc ferme bug again.

Luckily I made a backup after the practice session, so that I could start my third attempt in Q1. Am I angry and disappointed? Yes, definitely. Don't think it's working perfectly fine for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back