F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #9

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
After almost a full week without releasing a patch CodeMasters is back in the patching business and released the ninth patch for F1 2012 The Game on Steam today.

This update addresses the following issues:
  • Made some improvements to the online game so car positions should be more accurate and less twitchy at high speeds.
  • Made some PC Framerate improvements for those people who had an FPS drop after patches.
  • Fixed the wheel weight property so that it will now work correctly
  • Fixed the final results screen for the client in a Co-op session so they see their stats not the hosts.
  • Fixed two infrequent crashes.

Codemasters also confirmed that console patches have been submitted to both Sony & Microsoft and are now subject to approval.
The patches for PS3 and Xbox 360 have now been sent for submission with the relevant first parties. We anticipate that the PS3 patch for Europe - English / French / German / Italian / Spanish and Japan will be released at the end of this week. The Xbox 360 patch should be released early next week. Finally the PS3 patch for European Polish / Russian and American versions will follow in another week or two.​

(Lewis Hamilton in his McLaren-Mercedes at Spa, imitating the state of the game on release day.)

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.
View the Post on the Blog

Still bad physics and no real F1-TV-Huds. Sounds are boring and not like a real F1-car.
Bad velocity-feeling, moving T-Cam and so on...

i stay at rFactor with F1RS2011. Best F1 experience you can have.

Still bad physics and no real F1-TV-Huds. Sounds are boring and not like a real F1-car.
Bad velocity-feeling, moving T-Cam and so on...

i stay at rFactor with F1RS2011. Best F1 experience you can have.
Look man, I don't like some games but you haven't seen me cursing them in their forums, right? Stop trolling cause it's not funny anymore. Go play your game and love it, don't hate ours. Thank you!

I agree. CM have made a good F1 game this time. They are still coming out with new patches. Its been almost a month since the release and we have got 9 patches so far. They are doing a good job. Remember how we moaned for patches for F1 2010 and 2011. If somebody doesn't like the game, don't buy it and don't hate it. Simple.

What is wrong with patching? Last year and the year before people were complaining that the game was unsupported.

For this year Codemasters switched to Steam and they can easily patch the PC version of F1 2012 and the same people are nagging that there are too many patches. Unbelievable.

There is enough you can complain about with Codemasters but trying to support a game is not one of them.

lol Rotax, have you actually heard a real 2012 F1 car? They sound exactly like in the game. So please, stop trolling if you have nothing smart to say.
I was at Hockenheimring this year.

In the game it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

Of course, for people who have only a ps3 or xbox maybe it appears to be a good game, but if you played rFactor with (in my case) F1RS-Mod, ENB-settings, spotter-plugin, RealFeel, tv style and RFT-Trackpack you NEVER will go back to such a arcade game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%