F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #7 & #8

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Today sees the availability of patch 8 through Steam, adding some new features and explaining a workaround for possible memory issues. No word about the widespread graphics issue (textures are showing lines when they're not meant to show any structure) yet, so stay tuned for a fix regarding this issue in particular.

• Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games. This option can be found within the Simulation Settings and defaults to on. Setting this to off will allow players to set up their cars in Qualifying sessions and will also allow players who join in progress during qualifying to edit their car setup before the race.

• Fixed an exploit in One Shot Qualifying where users could post impossibly quick lap times.

We’re continuing to investigate the issue of saves being shown as corrupt after being restored from the cloud. For now our advice would be to always choose to keep your local save if there is a mismatch.

The Error 41 issues that some users have been seeing broadly cover three issues.

Users with insufficient memory on their graphics cards. In this case we believe that running the game in safe mode should allow the game to be booted. From there the player should be able to change their graphics settings until they find some that work for their card and they’re happy with.

To launch in Safe Mode:In the Steam library right click F1 2012.

Click Properties.
Click SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
Type –safemode.
Click OK.

This will reduce the resolution to 800x600 and force all settings to Ultra Low or Low with MSAA off.

Users with old graphics card drivers, in particular for on board graphics chips. Unfortunately we cannot offer any help other than to advise getting the latest drivers for your hardware. This might involve replacing the laptop manufacturer’s driver with the chipset manufacturer’s driver.
Users with dual graphics card laptops. We can’t fix this issue directly but there should be some settings on your laptop which allow you to run the game on the specific gaming graphics card. It is also possible that you will also encounter the low memory issue above.​

2012-10-17_00006-720x405.jpg

A few days ago patch #7 has been made available, containing the following additions and fixes:
• Added two new options for PC users to improve voice communications.
1. Added a Push To Talk option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and is bound to T by default. The key used can be edited in My F1 -> Driving Controls -> View / Customise Profile.
2. Added a Disable All Voice Comms option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and will disable all outgoing and incoming voice communication.
• Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
• Rebalanced engine wear so it will go below 99% during a season.​

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.http://www.racedepartment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012-10-17_00006.jpg
View the Post on the Blog

*Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
OMG thank the motorspot god, because Malaysia was a *beep BeeP* when that happened.

*Added an option to turn the Parc Ferme rules on or off in online Custom Race, Co-Op and LAN games*

^ NOw that should of been there to begin with, since its not a "sim" this is more of what it was missing,. great stuff, now I can change from oversteered Q set up to a less oversteer set up for a race :D.

I really wonder...would they keep updating after Brazil?

I love the parc ferme rule, it's much more realistic and forces people to be far more strategic in their thinking. The good part of the fix is that enables the rule to be turned off for online setup testing purposes but I for one will always stick to using the parc ferme rule in races (both online and off).

Wow this game has had more support in 3 weeks than their past 2 games in 2 years

It had more number of patches, but I think patches other years were addressing more issues. I guess steam just makes it easier to release fixes more often.

But to to really have more support they would have to either a) fix all issues or b) keep fixing stuff past December (when other years they said 'it is what it is').

Not complaining here, having more patches increases the chances or fixing the new errors that a patch may introduce. But the sheer number does not indicate better support. Good support is when the game works, regardless of the number of patches. The jury is still out on that one.

Wow this game has had more support in 3 weeks than their past 2 games in 2 years

It had more number of patches, but I think patches other years were addressing more issues. I guess steam just makes it easier to release fixes more often.

But to to really have more support they would have to either a) fix all issues or b) keep fixing stuff past December (when other years they said 'it is what it is').

Not complaining here, having more patches increases the chances or fixing the new errors that a patch may introduce. But the sheer number does not indicate better support. Good support is when the game works, regardless of the number of patches. The jury is still out on that one.
"I guess steam just makes it easier to release fixes more often."

Thats the key right there. GFWL/Microsoft slow down patch releases because they have to check everything. GFWL is always a bad idea.
The game is much better for getting rid of it.

I'm wondering when the hell I'm going to get all these patches for the xbox, wtf is taking microsoft soooo long :mad:

It's maybe not even MS - depends on when Codemasters submitted the console patches to Sony & MS. Once they're sent off to them it can take a few weeks, sadly. They're eing released quicker in most cases, tho.

Hi guys,

Anyone knows that how can install the all patches (1 to8)? Steam did not install anything automatically. How can and where can install them manuelly?

You can't, they're being downloaded automatically if your game has been registered on Steam. If they don't try verifying the game cache.

Right-click on F1 2012 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back