F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Patch #6 Underway

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Almost 3 weeks after it's release F1 2012 The Game surprisingly continues to receive more patches. This time the AI has been tuned to be a little quicker on Professional difficulty - the gap in between Professional and Legend was quite large so CodeMasters is hoping to even it out quite a bit.

Patch #5 (notes):
  • Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
  • Further reduced the chance of rain for all tracks and greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
  • Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage. The PC Catalunya Time Trial Leaderboard will be reset after the patch goes live, this will either be done Friday evening or Monday morning (UK time).
  • Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
  • Reverted the changes to the force feedback from patch 4. While this improved some wheels, it was to the detriment of others.
  • Added an option to delete profiles.

Patch #6 (notes):
  • Made Pro level AI quicker so that the time gap to Legendary AI is smaller.
  • Fixed the weather system so that:
  • Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
  • Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
  • Fixed a crash in Co-Op when disconnecting on the results screens.
  • Fixed an issue where the point’s totals on the Constructors Championship table were incorrectly doubled.
  • Medals awarded in season challenge now update the player statistics correctly.

Contrary to the previous patches apparently no new issues were introduced in both patch #5 & #6!

Due to the nature of console patches their release will follow shortly after the PC version since they require additional submission and authorisation from Microsoft and Sony in advance.

For more on F1 2012 The Game in general visit our popular F1 2012 The Game forums with the latest discussions and also the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and much more.

[source: community.codemasters.com]
View the Post on the Blog

I bought a new car two weeks ago... and the car company fixed it 6 times since.. I am so happy..!!

FFS - this patching saga is a JOKE.

Enjoy downloading updates instead of playing the game you paid for if you like, but frankly, I find it ridiculous and highlights how rushed the game clearly was.

I was one of them who wasnt happy at the thought of buying yet another title three years on the trot just to play a new season....

But they have work on this one and the bonus IS, that they are still working on it. I am quiet happy for them to release another six patches to get it right.

As long as its right in the end.

Remember all the complaints about only having one or two updates then you knew that they dropped the whole thing and moved onto another title.

Well I get the impression that they do want to work on this, till its right. You cant please everyone, but you can try and do whats right, to please as many as you can.
:thumbsup:

New patches after 3-4 days! And they make new bugs with new patches! XD That's absolutely critical. After patch 6 I had FPS dropping when I am on my way to the track (I mean go to track). The FPS is around 10-15! I have never had this bug before.
That's so funny, right? :D They try to fix the game but make bigger bugs then have before. XD
But at least they are trying :)

I seriously don't understand the ones complaining about the patching. I'm guessing they are new to this series of racing games then. At least its being patched unlike 2010/2011 (if you can even call those patches). I really want to get my money's worth from this one and I feel they are trying to deliver on that. Friggin' no-brainer.

Its not that I mind the patches its more the fact they are needed in the first place! Any well written bit of software should be tested into the ground before release to reduce the number of bugs as much as possible.

And lets not forget that a software bug is an error by a programmer!

I understand complaining about the bugs, but complain about the fix patches???

I believe rolling out the patches can only be a good thing, it still early days.

no1 is complaining about the patches rolling out day in and day out. there might be a personal view of how something that was not buggy or glitched (eg AI difficulty tweaks), other than that not a bad thing they are rolling out patches, maybe this were things that were going to be included in the game release itself....but they ran out of time for their deadline, so thats that..

2010 and 2011 ran perfectly fine, i miss gfwl, connection error in 2010 once in a while but both perfect games, 2012 is just polished up a bit more. Is not hard to work with software and networking....but people...

and to be honest this "roll of patches" is just a dog and pony show so they can gain the customers, and or trying to somehow apologize for the previews 2 series, but the image and damage is done, they can fool new steam users and new game comers, but not the ones who have software experience, which by the way, almost every company besides CM, seems to have amateurs writing their stuff, or poor manangement.

Lets just hope they can fix the unrealistic car set ups.

almost every company besides CM, seems to have amateurs writing their stuff, or poor manangement.

I know people who work as software engineers (not in the gaming industry). They have plenty of stories that tell of incompetence and foolishness. Scary stuff, really.

As for the roll of patches, well, nowadays the trend seems to be releasing on date, no matter what. Publishers push the developers to do it, and then there are things left out, testing is cut short, and games get released in a beta state.

At least it seems they are trying to fix it. Not having to deal with Microsoft and Sony before deploying a patch probably helps. Now, we'll see if in 2 or 3 months they are still fixing things.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%