F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Grab The Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Finally the demo of F1 2012 The Game has been released on Steam as well and people started downloading already. Since the 360 demo has been made available roughly 24 hours ago and lots of videos surfaced ever since.

There are quite a few limitations in the demo, so be especially prepared for those two:
  • Professional instead of Legend AI as the highest difficulty setting
  • no custom setups

Whilst this means that it won't be much of a challenge for the majority of players it's still a good indicator of what to expect in around 10 days.
[youtube]

[youtube]

[youtube]

Now, people might want to ask us why we haven't uploaded any preview videos to the RaceDepartment YouTube channel ourselves. The reason was rather simple: we haven't had a review version yet but good news is that we have received our review version yesterday! Stay tuned, we'll start showing you high quality F1 2012 The Game action captured by ourselves as soon as possible!

Here they are, the links to (hopefully) an awesome demo that will get you up to steam in time for the release on 20th / 21st of September (depending on your location). In case someone wants to download the 360 demo and doesn't have Xbox Live Gold: you need a paid subscription in order to start the download at the moment, a free 2 day pass etc. won't work.

Also, pre-orders have been made available on Steam a few minutes ago, too. Steam will charge you 35.99€ (-10% compared to the normal price once the game has been released) and you'll be able to play at midnight on release day.

Lots of retailers are trying to beat Steam, as always, and there's a discussion about where to buy the game going on already. Make sure to check it out instead of possibly paying too much!

For more on F1 2012 The Game visit our already popular F1 2012 The Game forum with the latest discussions and soon the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and more.
View the Post on the Blog

Looks like CM has missed the whole point of the complaints people had about the Kerbs in 2010.

Everyone complained - and rightly so - about being spun when just using the kerbs, like they are used in real life.

Along came 2011, now you were able to use the whole thing, including the red bumpy mountain thingy on the inside of the kerb, without any effect.

Same thing is happening in 2012 now, looking at the vids.

So clearly they have the balance wrong there. The only place it seems 'normal', is the final 2 turns at Spa - but Monza, Singapore etc. can be improved.

I am sure nobody insisted to be able to use the red mountain humps in 2010 - only the normal kerb.

kerb spinning?

you can still manage reasonable times without using the mountain kerbs. Own the track, dont let the track own you.

I have never had no ne except on super wet races.

this "complaniners" should probably enable Traction Control.

So far not bad, of course console has the low quality end of the game, can't wait for PC.

In the wet weather clip @ Interlagos, why are the cars running dry tyres?

It peeing it down with rain, the track is wet and the cars are driving slicks. Do Codies not know that the intermediates and wet tyres are green and blue?

Thought this was supposed to be a licensed game too, lol.

It peeing it down with rain, the track is wet and the cars are driving slicks. Do Codies not know that the intermediates and wet tyres are green and blue?

OK, I take my original post back. After watching a bit more of the clip, I see a pit stop is used to put on wets, lol.

Watching without sound doesn't help.

OK, I take my original post back. After watching a bit more of the clip, I see a pit stop is used to put on wets, lol.

Watching without sound doesn't help.
think before typing

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%