F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Dev Diary Video & Release Date

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The newest developer diary of F1 2012 The Game features all new gameplay footage, details several of F1 2012's new features including the Young Driver Test, which will act as the game's tutorial mode, teaching the player about the nuances of racing a Formula One car.

F1 2012 will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 21 September 2012 despite the video showing the 18th of that month.

For more on F1 2012 The Game visit our already popular F1 2012 The Game forum with the latest discussions and soon the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and more.

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

Anthony Davidson tutorials will probably be benefical to improve your driving. But why put "Flashback" feature to this video i can't understand it.

Next Dev Diary video will probably feature Champions mode then.

The flashbacks comment is odd, they make it sounds like it's a new feature rather than something we have had since 2010. As Gavin says maybe they have increased the length as they really were too short must of the time previously.
Same with the fuel mix, why focus on something we are already used to..
Very confusing. Still looking forward to the game a great deal but this was an odd dev diary for sure.

They didnt say if there will be better AI or improved crash damage which I think is the most important thing. When he lost control of the car, it was a pity they didnt show it hitting the barrier so we could of have seen what the crash damage was like. :)

Nevertheless, I am really excited about this game. The handling looks so much crisper and the new features are quite cool. But to be honest, all of these new features will be utter rubbish if the basics of the game are not fixed - bugs, AI etc.

Young driver test is really the only change worth mentioning in that video.

Did they improve Ai?
Did they improve physics/handling/tyres/FFB? (that which simracers care about most)
Did they improve career mode?
Did they improve MP?
Did they improve QA?

Would expect to know more this close to release. Guess we will have to buy to find out! :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back