F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Demo Dates

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
The demo version of F1 2012 The Game will be availble soon and CodeMasters announced the exact dates an hour ago. If you plan on playing it using a PS3 it might even be possible to create a new PSN account for the US region and play a day early.
  • Xbox 360 - 10/09/12
  • Playstation 3 - (USA) 11/09/12
  • PC via Steam - 11/09/12
  • Playstation 3 - (EU) 12/09/12
  • Playstation 3 - (Japan) 24/09/12

CodeMasters on what you can expect to see in the demo:
The F1 2012 demo will allow players to try out two of the game’s new features, the first day of the Young Driver Test and the first race of Season Challenge at Monza!

It should be noted that the game’s toughest A.I difficulty does not feature in the demo. The Legend A.I difficulty option is only present in Career and Quick Race, both available in the main game.​

F1 2012 The Game still isn't available for preorder on Steam but it should become available within the next days. F1 2012 will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on (depending on your location) September 20th / 21st 2012.

For more on F1 2012 The Game visit our already popular F1 2012 The Game forum with the latest discussions and soon the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and more.
View the Post on the Blog

LOL so one guy on CM forums tried Monza in 2 races, where one was the max downforce setup and one the minimum downforce setup, and his best laptimes was within 0.1 seconds of each other.

This game will clearly not be for me. I'll stick to GSC/rFactor thanks.

So you judge a game based on the opinion of one guy on a forum? Its commonly known that the setups arent that extensive as in simulation games. Just some presets you can choose and minor modifications can be made.

In their defense try to make two opposite setups in GSC/RF and you will be able to run times similar to the opposite as well with minor differences in laptimes (0.5 seconds max)

LOL so one guy on CM forums tried Monza in 2 races, where one was the max downforce setup and one the minimum downforce setup, and his best laptimes was within 0.1 seconds of each other.

This game will clearly not be for me. I'll stick to GSC/rFactor thanks.
Even in Live for Speed, the setups only make a small difference in laptimes and I think that is true to real life.
If you're driving a track in the same style as you drove it a hundred times before, I would think you're laptimes will always be similar.

Even in Live for Speed, the setups only make a small difference in laptimes and I think that is true to real life.
If you're driving a track in the same style as you drove it a hundred times before, I would think you're laptimes will always be similar.

Play rFactor and tell me that again.

What you're saying is that Lewis Hamilton will do a time within 0.1 seconds of his pole lap, with his Monaco setup, at Monza. This is not accurate at all.

I've done some miniscule setups on rFactor where, if in the right direction, I can gain 0.3-0.4 seconds per lap.

You really judge things without knowing the facts Dewald (wasn't it the same with GSC release?).

The high downforce setup on Monza is not the same as a high downforce setup on Monaco in this game. It doens't work with clicks compared to a base setup. Every car has a different base setup per track and you can from there tweak it a bit to high or low downforce.

In other words. An extremely low downforce Monaco setup will create more downforce than an extreme high downforce setup on Monza.

Play rFactor and tell me that again.

What you're saying is that Lewis Hamilton will do a time within 0.1 seconds of his pole lap, with his Monaco setup, at Monza. This is not accurate at all.

I've done some miniscule setups on rFactor where, if in the right direction, I can gain 0.3-0.4 seconds per lap.
No I didn't say that.
You're slating a game that you haven't even played yet, just based on one guy driving a couple of laps. Maybe he wasn't consistent on both laps. Unless you've tried it, you're input is meaningless.
I said nothing about Monaco v Monza setup.
I am saying that what you gain in speed on the straights from low downforce can be lost at bends and corners.
A lot of the time there is very little difference in lap times.
It's what suits the driver best.
I've played Rfactor since it first came out and it is a great game but I wouldn't take the accuracy too seriously.

Setups make a big difference to the way a car handles, feels, wears the tyres etc. The littlest of adjustments can throw off the whole balance of the car. Trust me i watched last years Australian F3 champ struggle at my local track as the little adjustments made huge differences. (never has been able to find a good setup for eastern creek) Even the littlest of adjustments make huge differences on my brothers s15 that he races. Its ridiculous how sensitive certain cars can be. The point is the differences vary for the type of car. The little adjustments on the F3s did not in fact affect the lap times so much, but it made the cars much worse and more demanding to drive. Its just that the little time differences mean a lot in classes like the F3s. The thing is with my brothers car is that it affects the lap times a bit more then a F3, however the cars are so varied in his class that each individual car has its strengths and weaknesses. But the coolest thing is to watch a team get the tire pressures just right. Tire pressures can make the biggest difference in real life, not to mention the various other variables that arise on the day.

The point is setups can affect the lap times a lot. Even the simplest of changes make big differences. However it is different for all cars and types of racing. So no this is not completely true to real life.

About the F1 series setup: the car has allready the setup for each track and you make just little tweaks to gain that 0.1 you are talking about.You can race Monaco with very low wings and be competitive.You don't have to setup the car from zero like other sim games.If you had to do it, then it would make a big difference.

Setups make a big difference to the way a car handles, feels, wears the tyres etc. The littlest of adjustments can throw off the whole balance of the car. Trust me i watched last years Australian F3 champ struggle at my local track as the little adjustments made huge differences. (never has been able to find a good setup for eastern creek) Even the littlest of adjustments make huge differences on my brothers s15 that he races. Its ridiculous how sensitive certain cars can be. The point is the differences vary for the type of car. The little adjustments on the F3s did not in fact affect the lap times so much, but it made the cars much worse and more demanding to drive. Its just that the little time differences mean a lot in classes like the F3s. The thing is with my brothers car is that it affects the lap times a bit more then a F3, however the cars are so varied in his class that each individual car has its strengths and weaknesses. But the coolest thing is to watch a team get the tire pressures just right. Tire pressures can make the biggest difference in real life, not to mention the various other variables that arise on the day.

The point is setups can affect the lap times a lot. Even the simplest of changes make big differences. However it is different for all cars and types of racing. So no this is not completely true to real life.
I know what you're saying and that might be true but I'm talking about F1.

No I didn't say that.
You're slating a game that you haven't even played yet, just based on one guy driving a couple of laps. Maybe he wasn't consistent on both laps. Unless you've tried it, you're input is meaningless.
I am saying that what you gain in speed on the straights from low downforce can be lost at bends and corners.
I've played Rfactor since it first came out and it is a great game but I wouldn't take the accuracy too seriously.

So you missed the whole point of my statement, as stated previously.

You said you wern't going to bother with F1 2012 because someone drove a couple of laps and you didn't like the lap time differences.

You've never played the game and have judged it out of hand.
You're opinion is worthless unless you check it out for yourself.

No I didn't say that.

So you missed the whole point of my statement, as stated previously.
I hope so.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years