F1 2012 F1 2012: The End of Modding?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Petar Tasev

Ryder25
If Dirt Showdown is anything to go by, CM are hiding away the database.bin which has been the key files to many great mods around this community. Whether they are doing the same thing in F1 2012 or not, I don't know, but please come support me to make sure that they leave the file like in the past so that we can continue to make great mods:

Thanks!

Sign this thread with a comment below to support us and we will send it to Codemasters

IMO its because they think that their work is "the best" and shouldnt be improved..

hell just improving the quality of the skins helps the overall look of the game, idk why they would want to screw it up and lock/hide them..

I'm a little more cynical about it. I think they're doing it to force us to buy games to get new content, rather than mod it ourselves. they're reducing the longevity of their own games because they don't make money off it after a point.

I am also making/using MODS, and a big user of Ryder tools and game modifications for F1 2011 as previous F1 releases. As downloads are not present at Racedepartment, we cannot see logs for how many downloads these MODS has generated. That number would also certainly give CM an idea of the enourmous value to the gamer, as amount would almost be equal to the value...
If one think of cool business yes, but I think they know it will backfire....
I personally think CM knows this value for the gamer indeed, and would not screw that up.
I even think they get inspired by a certain point, why would they not be .. (?!)

lets hope the best and copy this to them, you never know if they listen ;)

I don't have the game but i can say for sure I would be much less interested in any racing game that doesn't have the ability to make good mods.Modding is a way for the community to get much more bang for there hard earned money with no additional cost to the game studio that makes the game.It seems like a win win for everybody to me and all the company's that make games would be smart to realize this.Studios want to sell everybody a DLC these days so they can extract every bit off profit they can from a title.That's fine as long as you can still mod the game.A good example of this is Race 07,lots off DLC's that cost money but with strong modding still available for that content.The game is over five years old now and still going strong.

Hopefully they allow us to modify the game.

Let's be honest, even driving it with a Steering Wheel isn't a great gaming experience.
Let's see if they can make it more "hardcore" if we want it.

By the way, now I'm waiting GRID 2. This, if follows the same line/gameplay of the original GRID, and got some really coll enhancements should be the GOTY on Racing to 2013!

Grid 2 will get the treatment if it's moddable.....have good ideas for cars taken from GSC and some pretty funky Japanese ideas I got floating around in my head.

Oh and Codies....enable mods you bunch of fanjitas!!

:roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing