f1 2012 sweetfx final

I need to be clear here guys I'm no tech head, I'm a single dad bringing up 6 kids on my own so time is limited lol, I build my own systems and do a bit of photography on the side thats about as tech as I get, downsampling, sweetfx and such I only touched myself in the last week for the first time so I'm in the same boat as some of you I'm learning as I go I simply read up and try different things out, only reason I gave sweetfx a go in the first place was because I didnt like the results other mods offered on here so I figured I'd have a pop myself, I'll help where I can but dont be afraid to try things out for yourselves and see where it go's :)

Downsampling wasn't working for me. Guess i'll need to disable the second screen to use it.
But i use my secondary screen almost all the time. :mad:
Anyway, i think its already very good. Just using 1920x1080 + AA8X + Keith's SweetFX profile with some settings adjusted.

EDIT: Posted a video on the SC fix mod thread, recorded on 1080p. Shows how it looks. Only problem is that it is a little darker on the video then it really is when im playing:O_o:

Downsampling wasn't working for me. Guess i'll need to disable the second screen to use it.
But i use my secondary screen almost all the time. :mad:
Anyway, i think its already very good. Just using 1920x1080 + AA8X + Keith's SweetFX profile with some settings adjusted.

EDIT: Posted a video on the SC fix mod thread, recorded on 1080p. Shows how it looks. Only problem is that it is a little darker on the video then it really is when im playing:O_o:

Vid looks good m8 :thumbsup: as does the safety car fix, I've been that busy this week I've hardly looked at anything else on here, I'll be giving that a test run later on :)

Thank you very much for that Keith ! ... but I can´t see any difference in the game when I press Scroll Lock.
I extracted all the files into common so it looks like this, isn´t this the right way to do it :$?
f1commonFX.jpg

keith dixon Yes but people were asking for the ones you've been using in your latest screenshots. So the ones you posted are the ones you were using for them, right? :)

No m8 for some reason thats not come out right, just highlight all the files on there including the sweetfx folder and drag them straight into your f1 2012 folder then your good to go

ahhh wow!!! ... there we go, this is absolutely amazing
This makes the game experience soooo much better!
Thanks for everything mate!

Thanks for all the info Keith, can't wait to try your settings out. If you have a sec t answer a couple of questions id really appreciate it:

1) Regarding the AA are you just setting it via the ingame menu or overriding with sweetfx?
2) Is the downsampling amount control by sweetfx config too or are you setting that in the nvidia control panel?
3) What is your fps like with your latest settings vs with SweetFx turned off?

Many thanks again :)

Thanks for all the info Keith, can't wait to try your settings out. If you have a sec t answer a couple of questions id really appreciate it:

1) Regarding the AA are you just setting it via the ingame menu or overriding with sweetfx?
2) Is the downsampling amount control by sweetfx config too or are you setting that in the nvidia control panel?
3) What is your fps like with your latest settings vs with SweetFx turned off?

Many thanks again :)

Hello m8 no prob, here you go :)

1) I've got MSAA running ingame at x4 alongside sweetFX

2) The downsampling is completely seperate to sweetFX, guide here on how to do it http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=346325 as a note the downsampling is just something I'm doing for myself you dont need it to run sweetfx

3) I lose 3 fps with sweetFX turned on

Thanks so much Keith!

I didn't know about that downsampling trick - ill have to give that a go. Only problem is I run on a 120hz monitor at 1920x1080 so not sure if I will be able to get a higher custom resolution because of DVI limits (which I don't really know enough about to predict if anything will work lol)

Thanks again Keith, really helpful :)

Thats ok m8 :) the guy who wrote the guide for downsampling had a native of 1920x1080 at 120hz as well so you shouldnt have a problem doing it just be careful lol

Really? I read that he only tested at 60hz. At least that's what I think he said in the first post? Did I miss something lol :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%