f1 2012 sweetfx final

Apologies for the new post, couldnt for the life of me work out how to update the file into the old post

Anyway realised I was going far to extreme with the edits on the old profile and figured I should have kept it like lightroom and made the edits minimal, only changes are to shadows, midtones and highlights, little bit of contrast and some sharpening, gives a bit more depth and better colours, nothing too drastic but it does make a notable difference in game, wont suit everyone obviously but I hope someone finds it worthwhile :)

File updated, improved lighting, removed tint, slight increase in FPS over last version

KkAZp.jpg

f1 2012 sweetfx final

does it work with afterburner?

This is the thread that relates to Sweetfx, has all info on there :)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=368880

"Q: How do I make MSI Afterburner / EVGA Precision / Rivatuner OSD work with this mod?
A: To make MSI Afterburner work with this mod and others like it you need to :
1) Update to the latest version of MSI Afterburner.
2) Start MSI Afterburner.
3) Switch to the "MSI On-Screen Display Server" window.
4) Create a new profile for your game and change to it.
5) Click the big wrench icon to change advanced settings.
6) Go to General -> Compatibility properties and turn on "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3D runtime libraries".
MSI Afterburner is now compatible with shader mods.
You can also change the setting for the Global profile,
but MSI does not recommend this because it might prevent some Direct3D applications from starting."

With he oldr version i was getting very low fps, and im using gtx 570 and i7 2600 with 8gb of ram... pretty strange. Thanks anyways.

With he oldr version i was getting very low fps, and im using gtx 570 and i7 2600 with 8gb of ram... pretty strange. Thanks anyways.

With the old profile my FPS never changed, 71 before and after, with this one I've lost 3 which I can live with, im running an old phenom 3.2 opened up to quad core and an overclocked gtx 460 with 4gb ram

Hi!

Tried it in full dry and full rain around brasil. I think it might have a bit to much contrast to look realsitic. Before this I used the Ultra realistic lightning mod, with my own settings and always thought that it might lack a bit of contrast...So something between this and my, might be perfect in my eyes, although I don't really know how to achieve this...

But first of all, thanks for your work and effort! :)

Now its looking very good mate.
I'll try it. I'll remove the FXAA and apply this. SMAA is a better AA right, not sure about the FPS, using FXAA i lost 0-1 FPS, i'll check it with the SMAA.

EDIT: Just did a test, enable technicolor to make the white colors less bright and increased the gamma in game, at least on Monaco, its looking awesome! Haven't tested on other tracks and tested only without rain, but its probably awesome too :D
Thanks Keith!!!

Hi!

Tried it in full dry and full rain around brasil. I think it might have a bit to much contrast to look realsitic. Before this I used the Ultra realistic lightning mod, with my own settings and always thought that it might lack a bit of contrast...So something between this and my, might be perfect in my eyes, although I don't really know how to achieve this...

But first of all, thanks for your work and effort! :)

Thanks for the feedback, theres a slight tint going on in the profile, I've lifted that by adding some blue into the highlights atm which gives the light a slight lift and gets rid of that greenish tint, if you want to try just go into sweetfx_settings find the lift gamma gain setting and change this

#define RGB_Gain float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.050) //[0.000 to 2.000]
Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

I'm learning as I go, I only picked this thing up myself last week and just got stuck in to see if I could do anythng with it, I'm kinda hoping as a group with the like's of yourself, Roberto and everyone else we can pull the potential out of this thing and get the game where we want it so fire in all the feedback you want :)

Hi Keith and Roberto,

I combined the two things you two mentioned in my settings, enabled technicolor and changed the values of #define RGB_Gain float3.

Additionally I changed the ingame gamma to 1.3. I think it has so far a quite realistic look that I like...

I think I'll have to have a look in the sweetFX forums, to see how this thing works in detail...

If you have some new adjustments that make it look better, it would be great if you could post them here, so I could try... :)

Grettings

Ok I've been tweaking it up, im happy with the detail in the shadows, my highlights aren't blown out and the brighness is better, no tint that i can see either so happy days

I haven't changed the colours at all, not added gamma or anything else just simple changes to the shadows and highlights it a cleaner image and because I dropped bloom we've gained a few FPS back, its subtle but it works and I'm happy with the result

Not sure how to put the updated files into this post but once I work it out I will

Original codies on the left of image, mine on the right

P8c9R.jpg

KkAZp.jpg

Vjosv.jpg

SGazH.jpg

crU10.jpg

bPNgH.jpg

Thanks alot Keith, tried it in Monaco, Brasil and Melbourne in different conditions and it looks perfect. Perfect amount of sharpness, color and lightning...

I'm happy with the looks of the game from today on. Thanks again for your work :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back