F1 2012 F1 2012 Review Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I just did a 1 stop race @ SPA.....

spoilers!

Not even my friend from Britain knew what a punch review is. :O_o: Also, how did you get to play it even earlier? :)
1. you beat me to the punch...forgot to add a comma, or an extra set of words..."punch review" does not exist lol.

2. remember how I posted I have a very good friend that works at my local gamestop, well the copies arrived early last week, and he hooked me up, and I also have a modified Xbox.

3. btw is it me? or is the site/forums speed slowing down a bit. is this due to the most anticipated racing game of the year?

I can confirm. Only one Practice session, 1 hour long. The understeer isn't as bad, the turn in is better than in the demo but there is still mid corner understeer. No oversteer at all, just like in the demo.

Edit: You can definitely dial the oversteer back in with a very low rear wing value. handling just like a rally car now. :p

But still, looks like we have a blown diffuser in f1 2012, when there wasn't one in f1 2011

I dont get it, the game is the best of the lot in terms of handling and physics, why reduce its quality by removing things from it. lol, im still going to buy the game, and most probably enjoy myself, but i would definitely trade the YDT for FP1 and FP2.

I had this problem every time I played the demo. Then I pitted, switched to the wet run and then switched back to dry, and the problem was gone.

Alright, that definitely sounds like a bug that's been fixed in the full version. :)

2. remember how I posted I have a very good friend that works at my local gamestop, well the copies arrived early last week, and he hooked me up, and I also have a modified Xbox.

3. btw is it me? or is the site/forums speed slowing down a bit. is this due to the most anticipated racing game of the year?

No, I didn't remember - but that explains a lot. ;)

The site is under heavy load because of all the people on the forums, so it could be a bit slower than usual. Not too much, tho.

Is that for a 100% long race weekend?

Yes, FP2 & FP3 are practically gone. That's how it works in F1 2012:

Career mode
Distance available: 25% - 50% - 100%

Short weekend - No practice session & One Shot Qualifying (single lap)
Short weekend - No practice session & Long Qualifying (Q1 + Q2 + Q3)
Long weekend - 1 practice session of 60 minutes & Long Qualifying (Q1 + Q2 + Q3)

Quick Race
Distance available: 3 laps - 5 laps - 25% - 50% - 100%

Race Only - No practice & qualifying session
Short weekend - No practice session & one shot qualifying (single lap)
Short weekend - No practice session & short qualifying (Q1 = 20 minutes)
Short weekend - No practice session & long qualifying (Q1 + Q2 + Q3)
Long weekend - 1 practice session of 60 minutes & one shot qualifying (single lap)
Long weekend - 1 practice session of 60 minutes & short qualifying (Q1 = 20 minutes)
Long weekend - 1 practice session of 60 minutes & long qualifying (Q1 + Q2 + Q3)

One shot qualifying = default setups only!

Oh also, i have 1 more question about Tyre allocations.

Since they've taken away 2 of the FP sessions, how many sets of tyres do we have for that 1 one hour session?

4 sets of options (5 visible but the first one is locked)
4 sets of primes (6 visible but the first two are locked)
4 sets of inters (4 visible, none locked)
3 sets of wets (3 visible, none locked)

Based on: Long weekend - 1 practice session of 60 minutes & long qualifying (Q1 + Q2 + Q3)

Steve Hood@T4RG4
@Telekon24 I will. Need sleep now. But last year if you had to stop on L10/20 and this year 19/20 (not that simple) where is the difference?

It might sound silly but he might've just worded that badly. I see how the tyre change is affecting leagues (especially the ones running with 50% distance, so most leagues) and it's not perfect, I have to agree.

Tyre strategy in 50% races was (by nature) also flawed in F1 2011. The shorter the race, the heavier the penalty of stopping more often. In many races which were 3 stoppers in 100%, the optimal strategy for 50% was 2 stops (I think the best example is Silverstone where doing 3 stops in 50% is downright terrible, but fairly decent in 100%).
But still, looks like we have a blown diffuser in f1 2012, when there wasn't one in f1 2011
It felt like that in the demo to me too. Awesome :)

I'm so tempted to start up the VPN client now. MUST. RESIST. :p

I'm super confused. So in career mode I can start as a new racer and join one of the lower tier teams. Work my way up to a better team over multiple seasons etc.. Right? Or has this been taken out?

No, that's still in the game. You can't, however, create a custom season (including tables showing the accumulated points etc.) in Grand Prix mode anymore and play as, for example, Lewis Hamilton. You can still run single races as Lewis Hamilton, tho. That's probably why they named it "Quick Race" in 2012.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back