Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
I just tried the updated mod, and had no problems. I was doing a 100% race at Melbourne, and quit after 17 laps because I didn't have time. However, everyone was still on the track, and the AI seemed to be driving just fine.

oh..i don't thing that worked to me :/
that didn't worked dude.jpg
that didn't worked dude 2.jpg
I got a red flag in the first lap ,9 cars crased,and then ,when the race restarted,on the first lap,the rest of the cars crashed

• Deleted member 137812

i really dont understand this. my game just runs flawless. what track is this on and what distance?
i dont have the time to fix this today. so if someone would be so kind to upload v1.3 on mediafire or something I would really appreciate it.

Did they crash in the second turn of Brazil mulati? or where did they?
I think I have an patch ready this evening when it comes to Brazil and some other tracks

Nice to hear that Jakeblack, seems not everyone is having issues.

As opposed to my previous race in Melbourne, I just started a 100% race in Monaco, and after only five laps, half the drivers had retired. And I made sure to keep checking the race director to make sure it wasn't just one huge crash, but it wasn't. Each driver dropped off one by one. It was with all the same game files and settings as my Melbourne race, with the only change being the track.

Perhaps with mine, the problems with the AI are not as bad, which would explain why there were no retirements at Melbourne (wide track) and a lot at Monaco (narrow track).

I really don't know though.

• Deleted member 137812

As opposed to my previous race in Melbourne, I just started a 100% race in Monaco, and after only five laps, half the drivers had retired. And I made sure to keep checking the race director to make sure it wasn't just one huge crash, but it wasn't. Each driver dropped off one by one. It was with all the same game files and settings as my Melbourne race, with the only change being the track.

Perhaps with mine, the problems with the AI are not as bad, which would explain why there were no retirements at Melbourne (wide track) and a lot at Monaco (narrow track).

I really don't know though.
Monaco is fine I think. I tried and all cars were in race except for the ones that crashed after using a flashback, so you probably used flashbacks?
The flashbacks are considered as crash material for the AI, I cant fix that blame CM ;)

Yes, I did use flashbacks in Monaco, which I didn't in Melbourne. That must be why. I also just did another 100% race, this time on Brazil, and this time I finished (didn't use flashbacks BTW), and the AI was fine. I was racing as Button (6th grid), and was unlucky enough to be involved in three separate incidents, but lucky enough to not have to retire (from the incidents I was involved in, Raikonnen, Hulkenberg and Senna had to retire). Overall, there were five retirements, and I ended up finishing 13th. So you definitely must be right about the flashbacks.

Yes, I did use flashbacks in Monaco, which I didn't in Melbourne. That must be why. I also just did another 100% race, this time on Brazil, and this time I finished (didn't use flashbacks BTW), and the AI was fine. I was racing as Button (6th grid), and was unlucky enough to be involved in three separate incidents, but lucky enough to not have to retire (from the incidents I was involved in, Raikonnen, Hulkenberg and Senna had to retire). Overall, there were five retirements, and I ended up finishing 13th. So you definitely must be right about the flashbacks.

Flashbacks definitely catch the AI off guard and leads to crashes mid corner

Nice mod Demy. I just finished 50% Canada, in post above I solved my problem about only 9 cars finishing and me using flashbacks:) But in lap8 in last turn, there was car turned around on left side of track(Raikkonen) and three cars in front of me have crashed into wall of champions four times(3 flashbacks). Lap later Raikkonen was crawling in turn 1 and at the end of next lap engineer told me Raikkonen has stopped the car.
Have you changed something about cars staying longer on track when they are damaged?

• Deleted member 137812

Realism mod - 1.7

Fixed remaining issues some tracks had

Please post result screen so I can imagine what your race have been like
I just want to leave you guys a steady version before I go into my exams (less time).

Sasha Jednak I haven't changed anything actually when it gets to cars remaining on the track. This is something me and other modders have been looking into but without any result this far. I hope Roberto will fix this since he is doing a good job already.

Finally Demy got it workking,
Bought the game in steam

But in melbourne problem persists
In 75% race there were 21 cars on track in came out of the first pitstop and there were only 12, maybe its just a glitch?

It seems like the pit strategy is not working for the AI. With the 50% tyre wear mod the AI still sticks to the 100% race pit strategy. I think that also makes them crash all the time because they stay on their tyres for way to many laps.

Another problem is that crashed cars don't get removed from the track, they just stay on the circuit until the end of the session. That causes even more strange crashes.

The rest of the mod is working brilliantly:thumbsup:

PS: Had a 50% race in Valencia in career mode

• Deleted member 137812

It seems like the pit strategy is not working for the AI. With the 50% tyre wear mod the AI still sticks to the 100% race pit strategy. I think that also makes them crash all the time because they stay on their tyres for way to many laps.

Another problem is that crashed cars don't get removed from the track, they just stay on the circuit until the end of the session. That causes even more strange crashes.

The rest of the mod is working brilliantly:thumbsup:

PS: Had a 50% race in Valencia in career mode
No its 50% distance lol :p
You need to do 50% races with the 50% mod and 100% races with the 100% mod.

This will also fix the crash problem!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing