Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Uhm... Firstly, I've never changed third_spring_str_front or rear. Maybe you're not comparing with stock files. Only thing I've done is lower all downforce settings by 0.05 and last night I lost 3 hours adjusting gear ratios and drag.

First off, yes my mistake, you did not change the third_spring parameter, nor did you change the car_setup_name...Johnny did in order to achieve close to real life performance. I had too many CTF files open when I made my first response and was looking at the wrong one. My fault.

Second, since you're so convinced I'm wrong, I'll go through these topics one at a time.
In the 2 CTF pictures I've included you'll see a comparison of your CTF files for Ferrari at Shanghai and McLaren at Abu Dhabi (just a random sample). Your CTF files are on the left, Original in the middle, and Johnny Dangerously's CTF files on the right (with my custom grip levels).
You can see how similar your aero values are when compared to Johnny's. Maybe this is simply a coincidence of two good minds thinking alike.
6th and 7th gears are the only gear ratios that I see changed for any of your CTF files. 1st - 4th would show up in this comparison had they been changed. Not a big deal, not faulting you, just showing you what I see.

CTF Files - Ferrari Shanghai.JPG
CTF Files - McLaren Abu Dhabi.JPG

Secondly.. I've taken Hill's competitive braking mod?? You serious?? I've modified both braking points and cornering speed. Which he hasn't done. His mod is competitive BRAKING mod. Secondly, I haven't even tried that mod. I have no use for it at all as a matter of fact, because I've modified AI's cars so they have to brake later due to the lower speed.
We'll take Abu Dhabi and Montreal just for example here. I've checked other files of yours, and they all follow this exact trend. If you convert your track files with Ryder's BXML converter, and then go to www.comparemyfiles.com and compare hill's track files with yours, you'll find they are, also, incredibly similar. Abu Dhabi comparison is first, Montreal is the second picture.

Track File Comparison - Abu Dhabi.JPG

Track File Comparison - Montreal.JPG

Like I was saying...very, very small differences. Maybe, once again, it's two good minds thinking alike...maybe.

And what the - are you talking about? I haven't edited any setups, I haven't edited third_spring or anything. I just have no idea how did you come up with this one... o.O
Covered this already.

Kartik's work? Yeah, I did test his mod before doing mine. I got smoke by the end of a 100% race out of my car. I don't want that. I've just ENABLED these values so they can break. I haven't adjusted much like Kartik.
Perfectly fine, like I said I didn't look into your raceload.jpk file. I had the same smoke issue with Kartik's file, so personally I like yours better. Good work.

And yes, rear-ending happens. So? You've got a problem with that? Yea, I can remove it if I want to. But then AI won't outbrake each other. I'm sorry I didn't record any nice overtakes from the AI because I was working on the mod at that point. And actually, where did you see rear ending in the video? I'm really interested, because I didn't notice that. Maybe you wish for it too much that it happens?
0:13, 0:23, and 1:08/1:10 you hear a collision and then see a Ferrari hit the back of a Force India car out of nowhere. I know I'm being childish by being so nit picky about this, but you asked.

Oh, and by the way. I'm claiming this is better, that is better? When did I say this mod is better than anyone else's mod? You're the one who claims your mod is "THE MOST REALISTIC". Not me. I'm just saying what's improved over stock.
Had you bothered to read what I said before getting so hostile, I said "Not that you've claimed your AI is better, but I just don't see the reason for yet another AI mod with values that show no signs of significant improvements or breakthroughs than what's already available."

It's your AI files, and you've included them with your mod. That's fine. Yes it's better than the original, I agree. I was simply saying I didn't see the need for yet another AI file mod given what has already been made available on these forums. It's just my opinion on the matter. No harm, no foul.

So, you can always think whatever you want. I don't give a f**k. Just shut your mouth with all the blaming when you have absolutely no idea what're you talking about. Go to your mod, do whatever you want, post whatever you want. I don't care. Don't wanna be aggressive, but I hate people who go against you because they're jealous. The only mod that isn't mine is the Safety Car mod. I've asked remy for that. I gave them credits. Everything is OK. Maybe I should download that braking points mod to compare. Maybe we do have similar values. But I haven't used anything. I can tell you who my tester was for the AI. You can ask him about the AI. They were going very wide on a few tracks. They were too fast through some corners. It took time to balance everything. And I lost 1 week and a little to make a mod so you can what? So you can come here and talk **** about me? You're even new here. What? You learned what 5 lines do and think you're awesome or something?
I think the above evidence is more than enough to allow me to say that I do, in fact, know what I'm talking about (excluding the raceload.jpk file which I've never really looked at). Lastly, it's more than just "5 lines" as you say...it's one file, after another, after another that are, frankly, shockingly similar to work that has already been posted on this forum.

I stand by what I originally said, I'm going back to my mod, and I'll leave you alone since I can already tell arguing this any further won't get anyone anywhere. For the record, I am NOT saying any one person's work is better than another person's work. I am pointing out the apparent, and rather blatant similarities between your files and what is already on these forums.

Good work on the raceload.jpk file though, kudos.

So obviously I've changed from original as you can see on the CTF files. So? I don't see the problem here.

And so 1.01 vs 1.03 and I'm "STEALING" work? Huh? Interesting, what values will you write when you edit your braking points. Maybe your AI will struggle on different corners? The values are close because the limit is the same. I don't know how stupid you have to be to blame me for having close numbers to someone else's mod. LOL on this one. Nothing I can really say about it more.

As for rear ending on the video. You were right only about 1:08/1:10. The others - no hits.

And "another AI mod that shows no significant improvements or breakthroughs" Well, what did you expect? To see a line there "enable Extreme Super Duper realistic AI - true"? Values are different, I guess. Never really tried your mod, not going to. I know how the numbers work & I know what balance to make between 'em. And as you brought us to "spying". I'm definitely going to download your next & current version and compare to my files. Just in case, right? You blame too much for copying without any reason to and usually the blaming one is the one to blame.

As for the "need" of another AI mod. Well, yours aren't really aggressive, neither are Demy's. I love to make my AI very aggressive. So they can actually overtake.. And not be stuck behind someone for laps and laps..

And why did you do your mod when Demy's mod was already around? Just following your logic..

And by the way - the definition 'better' AI mod is wrong. As everyone has his own taste.

As for the similar work on the forum & etc - yeah. There is SIMILAR work. But you know, the small things can make a difference. Is it better? It is. They brake later = it's better. Isn't that right? You have no idea how much 0.15 is on the braking values. You've never modded any [obviously]. You have no idea how things are there. A real modder would never blame me for such stuff when you see these numbers.

I didnt go through the data but did you give the AI a speed advantage? (I know you did in the 2011 mod) I just tried a 25% race in Malaysia and quite frankly on the straights they just disappear. Hamilton's fastest lap was one second quicker than mine... I mean, Im all for a challenge as long as we're playing by the same rules.

Malaysia used to be one of toughest tracks even on the 2011 mod, Im now going to try other tracks.

I have to say though, that the AI behavior itself seems to be the best I have come across so far, I battled with a couple of AI cars for a few laps and didnt notice any rear slamming, it was all very clean and they also took reasonable lines when defending.

How did you come to that conclusion so fast ?? (40mins after release)
And some more info as to why you say this is better than Demys and snthennumbers ?

I'm all for people releasing mods but this is getting stupid...I think we have enough realism mods without people just uploading the same stuff again and putting a new title on it

I really like this mod more than the other ones... As I know the mod author a little bit better, I could test it a little bit earlier than others. So I came to that conclusion after like 2 hours of testing this mod and about the same time testing the other mods ;)

I tested your mod and I like it very much :)

One thing I noticed is that the acceleration in Monza is quite unrealistic. On the start/finish straight I barely reach 300-310 without drs and a bit of KERS.

In this video you can see that Alonso easily reaches 326 without DRS and KERS:

Maybe you could look into it?

Bravo, Great Great Mod,:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
but is not possible the kers for HRT and Marussia, not to open more to he file with RDE to make the modif and put back the kers fort his team :cry:

One thing I noticed is that the acceleration in Monza is quite unrealistic. On the start/finish straight I barely reach 300-310 without drs and a bit of KERS.
This might be something to do with wheel set-up. I recently switched from a basic Logitech GT wheel to the slightly more elaborate (more buttons and proper paddle shifters) version and the car wouldn't go as fast. It was to do with throttle saturation settings and the game not registering the changes until you restarted the game. I still haven't got it to work properly, so frustrating :mad:

Kristian, i have a Problem in the first corner of china
Here you can have a look: ( 2nd,3rd lap)

Strange, they're not doing this on my game. Are you sure you've put ALL the files from my mod and haven't overwritten any? I'll take a look tomorrow, when I can. Thanks for reporting!

In this video you can see that Alonso easily reaches 326 without DRS and KERS:

Maybe you could look into it?

I watched a lot of videos, but mainly with DRS. But you're definitely right. I should then increase DRS power and decrease overall drag. If you notice this on any other track, report. Thanks! I'll put an update in the next few days. I'm sorry for the long wait, I'm really busy. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back