Resource icon

Misc F1 2012 Realism Enhancer 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Kristian.

I tried this mod for the last few days and I love the ai, since i as looking for ai that didn't just push u off from inside the curves when you were outside.

The car seems to spin out much less though, even flooring it around some sharp turns.

Is that supposed to be?

hi , i am very excited to try this mod. but it seems impossible to download,it just stops at one point and you con't resume the download..is there any way that i can download it from an external site...plaese!!!

and also,just for fun......
how can i make my car,lets say the mclaren, A SUPER CAR: high acceleration, 360 kph top speed and more downforce.
p.s: i recently switched back to F1 2012 after playing the 2013 game.it is way harder especially if you dont have a wheel but the AI are a bit smarter.
so i hope this mod can enhance the AI.not by their overall lap time but with the overtaking and the late braking points.

hello guys, do u know how i can regulate the ai qualifying performance (which file and value i should change)? cause the new 1.3 version q times fix makes the ai q times quite slow even on legend and the "hard ai"... thanks:)

So hello everybody (for the first time in 2 and a half years)
Does anyone know how to directly customise the AI difficulty in the EDE? Because I'm not exactly sure as of right now. Also, any reccommendations on how to return the 'hard' AI setting to the equivalent of the old legend/professional AI settings of pace?
Cheers

Hey, just trying out the mod, I would like some clarification on a few things:
-Are the gear ratios supposed to be lowered? I installed this mod during Singapore's race in Career mode, and I remember very clearly that, in the vanilla version, the 7th Gear went up until somewhere around 335 km/h, but, after this mod was installed, all the gear ratios are lowered, and the 7th Gear only goes up to something like 305 km/h. Now, because this is Career mode, I currently am driving for Toro Rosso, so I don't understand if the gear ratios are lowered because they're a more inferior team than, let's say, Red Bull, or if it's because I did something wrong, or even if it's a problem with the mod itself.
-Are the tires supposed to wear down SO quickly? I did 5 laps with the Prime tires in FP3 in Singapore, and the tires were almost worn out by the end of the 5th lap.
I'm not trying to be unpleasant, and I'm not badmouthing the mod, I just genuinely want to know, because I haven't seen anything regarding these two things in the change log, and I don't know if they're supposed to be like this or not. I appreciate if they are meant as spikes in difficulty, increasing the challenge because we start in an inferior team, but if these are flaws, I'd like to know if they're fixable, because I want to explore every detail to its fullest.
Thank you :)

Some issues I'm seeing immediately:

The Player is still going to have issues with being notably faster than the AI at specific tracks, which I've already corrected.

Gear ratios for gears 1-4 in the CTF files have not been changed from the default values, so I'm not sure how that translates to faster acceleration as you claim. I tried using your CTF files for the Player's car, and the CTF files for the AI from my AI mod and didn't notice any acceleration differences.
I see you've essentially mirrored Johnny Dangerously's aero values from his Revised Car Performance Mod, with minor tweaks, but I see you increased the "aero_wing_rear_drag" parameter. Is this what decreases the DRS effect?
I also see you've changed the "car_setup_name" parameters for some tracks (maybe all, I didn't open all the CTF files)...what was the reasoning behind this?
Finally, what do the "third_spring_str_front/rear" values do in the CTF files? I saw you changed those quite a bit.

I don't see anything done to the AI files that would make your AI any better than Demy's, or mine for that matter. Not that you've claimed your AI is better, but I just don't see the reason for yet another AI mod with values that show no signs of significant improvements or breakthroughs than what's already available. I'm also seeing, based on the video, more than enough rear-ending still happening...

It also looks like you took hill's competitive braking mod and just made very minor tweaks to the values in those files in order to "not get caught" so to speak.

I haven't torn apart the raceload.jpk file from you mod compared to that of Kartik Sri Harsha's Mechanical Failures mod, but I'm going to venture that, based on what I've seen already, this is probably Kartik's work, but slightly modified so you "don't get caught". Though to give you some credit where credit is due, it does sound like you've made improvements to the damage model with the partial suspension damage rather than 100% damage all the time, so good work there.

Sorry to pick on you and be so negative, but frankly I'm getting a little tired of people posting mods and simply claiming "this is better, that is better" without any actual numbers, data, or evidence proving so. Overall, I'm getting the distinct impression from this mod that, like I said, you've taken other people's work, made very minor changes to it so you don't get caught, and reposted it as your own work (excluding the Safety Car mod which you did give credit to the creators for).

#Hope I'm wrong...

Maybe you should stop being an a*s and understand that making this game the most realistic possible leads to make similiar choices and similar tweakings before shouting that it's stolen work. There's peoples taking time into modding to make our experience better, so stop saying the work of somebody is stolen without any proofs. I don't think you'll like that for yourself.

The autor is proposing its own mod for a quite full realism coverage, wich allows us to not download 10 mods for fixing the same things.

So maybe instead of bashing it you should learn from it and stop judging without proofs. It just sounds like jealousy.

I know that it's an old topic, but damn, it's crazy how people can be bad behaving to other modders sometimes... Instead of being an united community.

Kristian Nenov submitted a new resource:

F1 2012 Realism Enhancer - AI Mod, Car Handlnig Mod, Technical Issues, Safety Car Fix, game fixes

Realism Enhancer Mod [2012 Season Edition]

This mod contains:​
  • AI Mod
  • Car Handling Mod
  • Technical Issues Mod
  • Safety Car Fix Mod
  • Some game fixes
AI Mod:
  • Realistic AI Behavior
  • Rebalanced AI drivers to get real life performance.
  • AI overtake a lot more
  • AI brakes later & has more cornering speed
  • More mistakes from the AI
  • More technical problems from the AI [some cars may retire due to brake problems, engine problems & etc]
  • HRT will have more technical problems than Ferrari. McLaren (especially Hamilton) have a high chance of a technical problem too.
  • Sometimes AI make mistakes. For example they may lock up. The biggest chance for a mistake is when they are under pressure from someone.
  • AI isn't scared to go off the racing line. Altho, I've limited it because they were cutting corners and overtaking on the outside, from the grass. :D
  • A lot better behavior under blue flags.
  • AI cars disappear later (in the distance - if they crash & have to retire)
Car Handling Mod:
  • Realistic Top Speed (for both Player & AI)
  • Realistic acceleration (1st to 4th gear - higher / 7th gear - slower)
  • Lowered downforce levels (You won't feel ANY difference - the car handle the same & the grip is the same. Laptimes are lower tho)
  • Realistic DRS boost
  • More realistic braking points
  • Lowered slipstream effect
Technical Issues Mod:
  • Team will need from 1 minute and a half to 15 mins to fix your KERS failiure.
  • KERS Failure chance lowered by 50% (I had 2xKERS fails for 1 race and decreased it.)
  • DRS Failure chance lowered to 10% (was 40%)
  • High Engine Mixture fail lowered to 5% (didn't really know such things can fail in a real F1 car)
  • You can get gearbox problems (was disabled, dunno why).
  • You can get Radiator problems. If you damage it, your engine will start to overheat a little bit.
  • You can damage your exhausts if you crash. This may lower your power.
  • You can damage your suspension. (It was set to 100% damage for any effect, I decreased it and you can get steering problems if you crash)
  • If you damage your brakes more than 15% they MAY get up to 10% less effective.
  • Engine is wearing out more.
Safety Car Fix Mod:
This mod is NOT made by me. The real authors of the mod are:​
Roberto (Bob Back)​
Remy​
Wills​
driveroz247​
  • There is 100% chance to deploy safety car (if there's a problem, look below)
  • There are trigger zones. If there's a crashed car in those zones, the safety car will come out.
  • Safety car works for Texas (there weren't any zones for Texas)
  • Max safety cars per race: 4
Some other fixes:
  • Tyre compounds for Texas & Brazil fixed.
  • Gaps between difficulties - lowered.
I highly recommend you to:
  1. Make backup of your save & files (I don't have original files included in the archive)
  2. If you're starting a new game, don't replace "cars" folder before you pass the Young Drivers Test. After you pass it, replace them.
Some tips:
If the AI are crashing into your back at the braking zones, you're braking way too early. I've made them to brake very late, so if you brake early that they crash into you - lower difficulty.​
AI is a lot stronger, if you fight against original Legend AI, definitely lower your AI difficulty by at least 1 level.​
If AI is too fast on higher and too slow on lower difficulty, download Ryder's database editor and edit one of the difficulties to match your performance.​
DO NOT:

Replace ANY of the files in this mod or you will get strange behavior. If you want to have something different in the database, edit MY database. Do NOT replace it or you may get strange things happening in game!​
DO NOT upload this mod anywhere else without my permission. You can always just leave a link to this thread. :)
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment & I'll answer them.
I'm always open for suggestions & tips on what to improve.
Thank you!:)

Overview Page.
how to install?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back