F1 2012 F1 2012: Patch #7

• Thread starter Deleted member 90535
  • Start date
F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
D

Deleted member 90535

• Deleted member 90535

EDIT: It's out now!

Today sees patch #7 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Added two new options for PC users to improve voice communications.
1. Added a Push To Talk option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and is bound to T by default. The key used can be edited in My F1 -> Driving Controls -> View / Customise Profile.
2. Added a Disable All Voice Comms option. This can be turned on in the Audio Options (My F1 -> Audio) and will disable all outgoing and incoming voice communication.
• Fixed an issue where the track could become wet without any rain being visible.
• Rebalanced engine wear so it will go below 99% during a season.

The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

via Codemasters forum

Its almost like they rushed the game out as a crap product, had the patches on stand by ready to go, and then rolled them out to make everyone think..."Oh man codemasters is really comin' through this year with all of these patches." I would have been much happier with a polished game that required some minor tweaks, not the glaring problems that have shown up this time around. Its a great series and each one has been better than the last, but ffs do a lot more testing before you release the game! :thumbsup: Thats all, now everyone come at me with your torches and pitchforks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 122 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%