F1 2012 F1 2012: Patch #6

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC #6

[ Edited ]​
09-10-2012 10:48 AM - edited 09-10-2012 10:53 AM
F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC 6

Today sees patch #6 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Made Pro level AI quicker so that the time gap to Legendary AI is smaller. We’re keen to get community feedback on this change.
  • Fixed the weather system so that
    • Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
    • Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
  • Fixed a crash in Co-Op when disconnecting on the results screens.
  • Fixed an issue where the point’s totals on the Constructors Championship table were incorrectly doubled.
  • Medals awarded in season challenge now update the player statistics correctly.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

Should be up later this arvo

Re: F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC #6
09-10-2012 10:54 AM

roimil wrote:
patch 6 available now on steam ? the last one i got was 61.5 mg
Patch 6 is currently with Steam. We hope to see it uploaded later this afternoon (BST).

• Deleted member 90535

F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC #6
  • Fixed the weather system so that
    • Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
    • Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
@LukeSpringUK

Great news!:thumbsup:

Well nobody can deny that they are showing a bit of commitment this year.

Imagine what a public beta lasting a couple weeks or so would have found out for them ....

Public beta testing involves a lot of hurdles and, of course, costs. It's more economical to fix things was players report them after the game has been released.

People have paid for the game by then, after all. That way they can't jump ship and cancel their pre-order. :)

Cool, good work Codemasters - crucially you've confirmed that i wasn't going mad when i saw the points in my Constructors Championship table!
Unfortunately though, it seems to have now corrupted my profile, so that was a waste of a Sunday haha! Sorry for being a bit of a noob around here but don't suppose any of you lovely people know if it's recoverable? :(

Thanks very much :)

The latest patch has brought down the frame rate (on my system) by about 10-15fps. And it's all down to this latest patch, because i've tried putting the graphics settings to the lowest and the frame rate still isnt great.

I've really noticed the drop in FPS when im in the garage. When im out on track it's not so bad, but it's still worse than it was with prior patches.

Not sure what they have changed in it, but what ever they've done, i sure hope they revert it in the next patch.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I wonder how many patches still need to finally final the game so i can start to play ?? Of cause they do show they care more this time but still the way release a game like this is still very stupid, dont look professional at all :sleep:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 441 39.6%