F1 2012 F1 2012: Patch #6

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC #6

[ Edited ]​
09-10-2012 10:48 AM - edited 09-10-2012 10:53 AM
F1 2012 – Latest Patch: PC 6

Today sees patch #6 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Made Pro level AI quicker so that the time gap to Legendary AI is smaller. We’re keen to get community feedback on this change.
  • Fixed the weather system so that
    • Cars will no longer start the race on the wrong tyres.
    • Cars will need to change to intermediate tyres when it has been raining with sufficient intensity.
  • Fixed a crash in Co-Op when disconnecting on the results screens.
  • Fixed an issue where the point’s totals on the Constructors Championship table were incorrectly doubled.
  • Medals awarded in season challenge now update the player statistics correctly.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

We are working on other issues you have reported via the forums, Facebook and Twitter and are working to fix them as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that we are still collecting feedback via our Technical Assistance forums and do encourage you to post your issues there being sure to include as much information as possible.

Thanks for your continued feedback!

I addressed this issue on the official F1 2012 Facebook page.

I've been holding out to buy this game do to the flaws from the previous releases. Six patches already and now you're getting significant drops in frame rates. Not looking good. How do you feel about the game so far?

I feel quite good about the game, there were some annoyances in the beginning but they've mostly been fixed, i cant think of anything id still like to be fixed right now. The most annoying bugs for me was the raining in career mode and the flashback engine damage bug, both are fixed now.

The handling model is great, you get understeer if you enter a corner too quickly but thats by design and it means you have to race more consistently instead of just racing hard.

my laptimes are much more consistent than in 2011.

Also the Ai are quite good to race against, you can patch the difficulty yourself but i find the new pro is pretty challenging if you're not on legend level.

So yeah my opinion is you should go for it. I find it quite enjoyable, been racing career on 100% though cz otherwise the races are 50% or 25% are one stoppers and not as interesting

After the last patch, i had some real problems with the AI in Montreal playing carreer mode (50%) on legend difficulty.The quali was a full wet session with AI posting from 1.18 low:O_o: to 1.21 low (i finished last).The race session was dry and I finished 19th with Williams but the craziest thing was that the fastest lap of AI was 1.06.759 with 6 cars below 1.10 !!!:confused: I did the same race afterwards in quick race and AI posted normal times.Anyone had the same experience?

After the last patch, i had some real problems with the AI in Montreal playing carreer mode (50%) on legend difficulty.The quali was a full wet session with AI posting from 1.18 low:O_o: to 1.21 low (i finished last).The race session was dry and I finished 19th with Williams but the craziest thing was that the fastest lap of AI was 1.06.759 with 6 cars below 1.10 !!!:confused: I did the same race afterwards in quick race and AI posted normal times.Anyone had the same experience?
Whoooooa!
1.06????
Just updated today and i was trying to mod something, tomorrow i'll check that.
For the wet, have "you" forwarded the session? I noticed that when you advance the time when its wet they do some "almost" if not impossible lap times, but if you do it a let the time go on, they do "normal" lap times. Just saw it on legend, i don't know if it happens on all modes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back