F1 2012 F1 2012: Patch #5

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
Yup, it's out today on Steam ........

Patch #5 News

Today sees patch #5 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issues:

• Reduced the likelihood of the player getting a penalty when involved in a collision with an AI car.
  • Further reduced the chance of rain for all tracks and greatly reduced it for Sakhir (Bahrain).
  • Fixed Catalunya so that it’s no longer possible to cut corners to gain an advantage. The PC Catalunya Time Trial Leaderboard will be reset after the patch goes live, this will either be done Friday evening or Monday morning (UK time).
  • Fixed an issue where the engine could be damaged or destroyed when using a flashback.
  • Reverted the changes to the force feedback from patch 4. While this improved some wheels, it was to the detriment of others.
  • Added an option to delete profiles.
The fixes listed above and those specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are also being tested and verified on those platforms. As these versions require additional submission and authorisation from both Microsoft and Sony the release date for these will follow a little later than the PC version.

Source: http://community.codemasters.com/t5...sion/Patch-5-News-05-10-12/m-p/109886#U109886

THIS IS THE REASON GFWL > STEAM... steam = kids, GFWL = people who know how to work the software without the "cant connect' whining.
A6JCJCTYUNH2MOUEKNPZTBF7EWLDAYFV.jpeg

The same thing every year, and the same BUGS and MISTAKE.
Yyyyyeah, no. I don't think there have been any problems with engines blowing up after doing a flashback or inconsistent levels of grip on the track in the previous games, while at the same time the magic "1-1-11-11" suspension setting from F1 2011 v1.0 is gone. So you can't say that Codies do the same mistakes every year - some are fixed and some are brand new ;)

Yyyyyeah, no. I don't think there have been any problems with engines blowing up after doing a flashback or inconsistent levels of grip on the track in the previous games, while at the same time the magic "1-1-11-11" suspension setting from F1 2011 v1.0 is gone. So you can't say that Codies do the same mistakes every year - some are fixed and some are brand new ;)

Well, that may all look different, but we agree that there will always be errors (new or known) and leave it at that? All right ?;):thumbsup:

Sometimes I really think if we all play the same game. I mean all those bugs people reporting... I haven't seen any of them except the wet weather bug. About the flashback issue there's a very simple solution - don't use flashbacks - tadaaa. About the inconsistent level of grip - I've done some many races and laps since the game is released but I've never had inconsistent grip. You do realize the tyres can't perform at the same level all the time, don't you?

THIS IS THE REASON GFWL > STEAM... steam = kids, GFWL = people who know how to work the software without the "cant connect' whining.
Yeah, volunteer to go back to GFWL just because of voice ..... Pleeeeeze!

Let's also go back to waiting for Microsoft to approve every patch, and wait until the consoles have their patches ...... really good idea!

I guess I am a 53 year old kid ....."chuff chuff" <<---- The sound of Steam (coming out my ears at the moment) ..... :thumbsup:

At least it is happening ...... last year it was "here's your 2 patches, oh well patch 2 breaks a few things, never mind, see you next year"

If this way goes smooth at the end then practically thats what we can expect to see for F1 2013. 1. release an untest game 2. collect feedback 3. crazy patching time :D

At least it is happening ...... last year it was "here's your 2 patches, oh well patch 2 breaks a few things, never mind, see you next year"

@pred_error - No, no career restart required. Critical things like that would be in the patch notes ....
Thats when i lost my faith in CM, shame on CM, really they became the top game industry to show they didn't care about customers. Now that is on steam and no GFWL at least they are trying to fix all the bugs so this year they've made the right choice.
After playing F1 2012 from my friend i saw that the game was really much better then the other ones and then i saw they were releasing patches fast so i decided to get my copy , but not before this. They can make 20 patches, IMO i don't care, as long as they are trying to fix the problems then im good with CM :D

Sometimes I really think if we all play the same game. I mean all those bugs people reporting... I haven't seen any of them except the wet weather bug. About the flashback issue there's a very simple solution - don't use flashbacks - tadaaa. About the inconsistent level of grip - I've done some many races and laps since the game is released but I've never had inconsistent grip. You do realize the tyres can't perform at the same level all the time, don't you?

I know what you mean but i really think that it is a problem with Ego Engine. Probably this engine have a lot of different behaviour with different hardware, s.o., consoles and even joysticks/wheels. Me, till second season i almost had only dry races, so no wet bug for me, the only weird thing was a wet race on Bahrein, but still only a few laps and a light rain, almost all the 20 races in season one were dry and sometimes i had to qualy under wet conditions and race on dry. At least this year we don't have game breaking bugs like the last year, only bug i really can't complain its the save game bug, 3 years and still having this bug, this is the only bug that makes me lose the interest playing sometimes, i've this bug only once, but it was after a 100% race, so.....
But apart from this bug i've had 2 times the R&D bug only, no other bugs for, at least i haven't noticed any :roflmao:

:roflmao: CM QA team at their best!
I was thinking about it the other day, but now the auto-update function for F1 2012 will definitely be turned off.
Don't mind playing the guinea pig while they tune up the game, but there are limits... like them stripping off my car's pants while I'm racing! :redface:

Well CM totally deny that the patch was EVER released, and that it wasn't pulled.

Hatta:
We have yet to release PC patch #5. Claims that we 'pulled' the patch late Friday are false.

We're hoping for the patch to go live this evening.

The guys are claiming that they verified the game install files, a new exe file was automatically downloaded to their game, the exe version number was the same as patch 4, but the file size was different to patch 4, therefore it MUST have been patch 5

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back