F1 2012 F1 2012 not for XP users!

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
People moan when we get console ports but when company's actually do something about it people still moan....... XP is very old, its about time people upgrade as they always say consoles hold pc games back and then they're still using a cavemans OS:rolleyes:
Also I was a big windows 8 hater but I've used it for a few weeks and once you learn how to use it, it actually does a lot of stuff better than Win7.... People are scared of change and the ui is a big change, I felt like and old person who didn't know how to use a pc but now I do I'm so glad I spent the time learning how to use it.

The fact that Windows 7 was actually pretty good and every second instalment of Windows pretty much sucks scares me...won't use Windows 8 any time soon. :p
I think of 8 as Vista, yeah it has nice features, but not gaming wise, especially current games having major issues like Vista did back then, Ima wait for Win 9, unless MS can get this feature resolved.

Dont panick, Highly doubt you can't play it on a DX9 card.
It most likely not support XP, but you can still run the game with our card, but you will need Vista or higher.

If you have a PC which can run F1 2012 I don't think you'll have problems with Windows 7. XP is 11 years old OS!

I know right, is time to let go of XP, just upgrade, OEM is cheaper. You can always double partition so u can run XP or 7 when booting PC, especially if you have XP apps that cant run in other newer OS.

Also I was a big windows 8 hater but I've used it for a few weeks and once you learn how to use it, it actually does a lot of stuff better than Win7.... .

I would disagree with the general point that it is better than Windows 7. Under the hood it does do quite a few things better than Windows 7, but the interface is a terrible for mouse and keyboard users. They have gone for all out support for systems with touch screens (I'm fine with that), but at the same time made it harder and awkward for mouse & k/b users to use. Simple tasks now take more steps, and are less intuitive IMHO

Personally I would have liked a choice when installing the operating system, the full touch screen experience, or a more traditional windows interface.

I do want what's under the hood, I'm just not prepared to buy the car.

(Maybe after Service Pack 1? :cautious:)

I don't hate Windows 8, it's just nothing in it that makes me feel the need to upgrade. The new interface is completly pointless on anything else than maybe a touchscreen and there are no big improvements othervise, at least nothing that warrants an upgrade.

Win7 runs perfectly on all my machines, very stable and fast, so no need for Windows 8 for me. I hope MS returns to a more Win7 style OS next time as this feels like something they rushed out to fill some gap for pad users and such.

I don't hate Windows 8, it's just nothing in it that makes me feel the need to upgrade. The new interface is completly pointless on anything else than maybe a touchscreen and there are no big improvements othervise, at least nothing that warrants an upgrade.

Win7 runs perfectly on all my machines, very stable and fast, so no need for Windows 8 for me. I hope MS returns to a more Win7 style OS next time as this feels like something they rushed out to fill some gap for pad users and such.
Yeah me too. I tried Win 8 on my laptop but I didn't see things too different than Win 7. Yeah the metro start screen is cool but I mostly used desktop mode and I was a bit annoyed with the missing start button. Oh and sometimes when you accidentally press the windows button instead of start menu you get a start screen :D

Dropping support for XP. Such a shame, a lot people still use XP out there. The new F1 may be developed on DirectX 11.0 but the engine still remains the same. Codemasters should support XP. I still use XP so I won't buy the game. This is called loss.

Dropping support for XP. Such a shame, a lot people still use XP out there. The new F1 may be developed on DirectX 11.0 but the engine still remains the same. Codemasters should support XP. I still use XP so I won't buy the game. This is called loss.

Not even Microsoft themselves are supporting XP anymore. I can sincerely understand the issue (I've been using XP on my computer until the end of May, my laptop was on Win 7 since June 2011) but I can certainly understand CM as well.

XP isn't state of the art anymore and we'll have to accept that. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back