F1 2012 Drivers View Cam

comeone lets wrap out heads around how to make this helm cam move with head shake to bring it alive......
it can be done question is how....

Yep, It might be cool to see how it looks like if the overlay "vibrated" just a little bit too, because it appears to do that when you have hi rev's and your eyes are shaking.

comeone lets wrap out heads around how to make this helm cam move with head shake to bring it alive......
it can be done question is how....
One thing i was trying, actually lots of hours trying to make it happen. Its to use the cam inside the helmet. Enabling the helmet is very easy, but the game doesn't render the visor transparent, so you cannot see anything :roflmao:
Found that to fix it, the file is the driver_model.pssg. I tried to copy the parameters of the glass, inside the car file (.pssg) and then copy to the visor inside the driver_model.pssg. But still not working :(
And well, if that was possible, i still would need to change the head movements, including the shake....

I have to say this mod has brought a new challenge to the game in my opinion. I tried it out with the Red Bull last night along with the visor view mod from Kenken and its like a whole new game:thumbsup:
Nice to know that!
Guess it worked then :p
It was my objective, harder or easier doesn't matter, as long as it was close to the vision of the driver.
But now that you said, im not sure, i tried all the cars and looks like they are good, but only Red Bull seems to be a little to far from the wheel. While at high speeds. You think that too? I think the up/down position is good, but a little too far from the wheel then it should be.

Nice to know that!
Guess it worked then :p
It was my objective, harder or easier doesn't matter, as long as it was close to the vision of the driver.
But now that you said, im not sure, i tried all the cars and looks like they are good, but only Red Bull seems to be a little to far from the wheel. While at high speeds. You think that too? I think the up/down position is good, but a little too far from the wheel then it should be.
To me, I think its the right position from the wheel. With the visor mod on it feels like you're in the position in the car

If anyone can change a on screen display image such as the lap times or map with this visor this should work.
i would try it myself but i dont have the experience

If anyone can change a on screen display image such as the lap times or map with this visor this should work.
i would try it myself but i dont have the experience
I believe it can be done. Actually it was going to be my second try if i wasn't succesfull with the 3D helmet view. But then kenken made the visor using an injection method and then my problem was gone :p
I think that its very easy to change the image with an helmet image, the only thing that will need some research is to find the correct file to change the image position and width/height on the screen. Well, im looking at some files now, and i think probably the file is one of the xml files inside the frontend folder. I'll see if i can find something interesting ;)

Roberto Costa - I think the frontend folder only contains stuff for the menus. Maybe I'm wrong though :)
It is for the menus, but i think it also contains settings for the UI while in game, i saw some values like lap_times, but most of them were about the font type/size, nothing really important, at least not relevant for we are looking. The folder OSD contains just one file with OSD settings, but no size/height/width :(
I remember that cause i was actually trying to see my lap times on the car wheel, instead of my position :p

hi Roberto,
i have a problem with your mod: I replaced everything in the folder i've downloaded into the F1 2012 folder but when in game i can't see the helmet visor, i see a lateral view like this:

ferrari-senna.jpg
any help?

hi Roberto,
i have a problem with your mod: I replaced everything in the folder i've downloaded into the F1 2012 folder but when in game i can't see the helmet visor, i see a lateral view like this:

View attachment 35443
any help?
Never saw this.
Have you tried to change to the other views to see if it works?
By the way, have you downloaded the visor? The visor doesn't come with the mod, you need to download it here on RD. ;)

He Roberto I Checkt Your Cockpit Cam and Like them But The Real View Hight Is y="0.6600"

Check The Pics

The Back View Is The Same Hight

F1_20122012-12-0614-23-22-54.png

F1_20122012-12-0614-23-24-38.png

Hi Rini

I really like the way you have lowered the cockpit cam
Is this easy for me to do? I'd like it about half way between yours and the original mod here

Thanks in advance for your advise

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing