F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I can't believe how many people think this is unrealistic steering.. Haven't tried it yet, but if F1 2012 has unrealistic steering then F1 2011 has nothing to do with driving. :confused: Of course a little twitch to the will can make big things, especially with high speeds and tons of downforce. What'd you expect?

It does also tell you in a video on the demo that you need calm precise movements when moving the wheel, and then use more turning angle when at corners etc..think people who have played 2011 a lot will find it difficult as it was a little like sawing at the wheel at some tracks..

I personally prefer it way more than the 2011 version as I found that ridiculous how somebody with not a lot of skill (Myself) could go on and do a laptime with no assists on the hardest setting and win the race in a Sauber.. That shouldn't happen, it should be really hard. This game seems a little more that way to me, and that was what I wanted, especially as I am sure I read somewhere that there is a higher difficulty setting which are only available in career and GP mode.

Certainly makes me fear taking corners like Eau Rouge and any corner at Monaco, but that's a good thing for me :)

I did find for those people using fanatec wheels, that adjusting the sensitivity (SEN) up will help with the twitchiness to the extent you can turn the wheel a little better (As I did find it twitchy at first, but adjusted driving style and the wheel and it seemed to do ok.

I love how it slows you revs if you go off the track too, which is good stuff,and will stop people going off track to gain advantages.

It does also tell you in a video on the demo that you need calm precise movements when moving the wheel, and then use more turning angle when at corners etc..think people who have played 2011 a lot will find it difficult as it was a little like sawing at the wheel at some tracks..

I personally prefer it way more than the 2011 version as I found that ridiculous how somebody with not a lot of skill (Myself) could go on and do a laptime with no assists on the hardest setting and win the race in a Sauber.. That shouldn't happen, it should be really hard. This game seems a little more that way to me, and that was what I wanted, especially as I am sure I read somewhere that there is a higher difficulty setting which are only available in career and GP mode.

Certainly makes me fear taking corners like Eau Rouge and any corner at Monaco, but that's a good thing for me :)

I did find for those people using fanatec wheels, that adjusting the sensitivity (SEN) up will help with the twitchiness to the extent you can turn the wheel a little better (As I did find it twitchy at first, but adjusted driving style and the wheel and it seemed to do ok.

I love how it slows you revs if you go off the track too, which is good stuff,and will stop people going off track to gain advantages.

Nice to know what you where doing last night Ryan!!
You know what I'm talking about don't you?

I wrote a first impressions article linked here for anyone who cares to take a look.

It's my first ever try at a F1 game. Been a fan of the sport for a long time but never thought any of the games looked worthwile until now. I was impressed, but driving with a controller is much harder than I thought.

Nice to know what you where doing last night Ryan!!
You know what I'm talking about don't you?

Removing me from your friends list so you don't get an invite to another race you signed up for is pretty pathetic in my book. You've run out of excuses now and this is what you do.
Do me a favour and stay away from my sign ups and stop wasting my time.
You've given yourself a bad rep being totally unreliable.

Gavin, I will Pm you..

I personally prefer it way more than the 2011 version as I found that ridiculous how somebody with not a lot of skill (Myself) could go on and do a laptime with no assists on the hardest setting and win the race in a Sauber.. That shouldn't happen, it should be really hard.

The fact your on forums about the game etc only goes a long way to suggest that you are an above average gamer, I would consider myself that to and I don't even use completely no assists nor do I race with a wheel but what is hard to do is balance out the game so that the normal average gamer can compete and it's so hard to get everyone in a spectrum within the difficulty settings. Further more, If I find it to easy what I usually do is mess with my set up so that my car is much slower and on a par with theirs.

Also with regards to most complaints with the game I think from time to time we seem to forget that this game is only in its 3rd one of the series and that much more established games have taken much longer to get where they are, but I am in no way condoning massive glitches and errors in the game cause those are just a sign of poor testing.

My first real post in the forums. Take it easy on me :p

My personal review:

Keep in mind that I use a steering wheel (Logitech "Rambo" Drive FX)

Ok, so.. where do I start?

Driving Style & Car Physic:
Firstly, I loved F1 2010, and found too arcade and light (and being so unrealistic) the car response in F1 2011.
Now, in this chapter I feel myself at home, as like the 2010. The car feels heavier and this is GOOD.
I needed to tune in my wheel. Everyone have to.
The brakes are a lot less efficient, and thought they've made it unrealistic. So I've searched some onboard laps at Monza of this weekend (the real F1), and found three videos: D'ambrosio in race - Hamilton in Q3 - Massa in Q3.
Found that Jerome brakes in the same points that I do (or, perhaps, viceversa LOL) and so does Hamilton (in the first chicane - then he has a proper setup and low fuel, and he braked 20 meters circa after than me). Massa is the same, in some points he braked as I would do, and in some points like Hamilton he went faster.
Braking in F12012 is correct. Great job!

The acceleration is GREAT. No more words. i feel it GREAT.

Assists:
I won't enter the debat about what's right or not. The handling this year is easier, and it's easy to drive without assists without lose all the time in spinnings.
Ok, if you jump on a kerb, you will spin (I can't attack too much the Lesmo turns at Monza, at this time)

Graphic:
I don't care too much about it, as I'm more worried in driving than admiring the landscape. I noticed that the colour gamma it's lighter and less "cartoonish" by the way.
And I like the cars.

AI:
Light and shadows for now. In F1 2011 they absolutely don't attack you. Never.
in this chapter i didn't see too much differences. Or, perhaps, i saw that in the straights they are pretty fast, and some of them passed me, but when it comes a turn, they don't try to overtake (maybe i was too far away to try "safe" )
I found pretty good that, in a race, I was right behind Kobayashi in the main straight of Monza. i was ready to overtake him with drs on, and then he defended his position by going on the right side of the track and not permitting me to go on the internal side for the first chicane.
I really appreciated it!

Sound:
WOW

As a final comment, we have to wait 10 days to understand well how good it's F1 2012, as these demo builds never express the real quality of the title.
For now, I love it way MOORE than F1 2011. Do you agree?

My personal review:

Keep in mind that I use a steering wheel (Logitech "Rambo" Drive FX)

Ok, so.. where do I start?

Driving Style & Car Physic:
Firstly, I loved F1 2010, and found too arcade and light (and being so unrealistic) the car response in F1 2011.
Now, in this chapter I feel myself at home, as like the 2010. The car feels heavier and this is GOOD.
I needed to tune in my wheel. Everyone have to.
The brakes are a lot less efficient, and thought they've made it unrealistic. So I've searched some onboard laps at Monza of this weekend (the real F1), and found three videos: D'ambrosio in race - Hamilton in Q3 - Massa in Q3.
Found that Jerome brakes in the same points that I do (or, perhaps, viceversa LOL) and so does Hamilton (in the first chicane - then he has a proper setup and low fuel, and he braked 20 meters circa after than me). Massa is the same, in some points he braked as I would do, and in some points like Hamilton he went faster.
Braking in F12012 is correct. Great job!

The acceleration is GREAT. No more words. i feel it GREAT.

Assists:
I won't enter the debat about what's right or not. The handling this year is easier, and it's easy to drive without assists without lose all the time in spinnings.
Ok, if you jump on a kerb, you will spin (I can't attack too much the Lesmo turns at Monza, at this time)

Graphic:
I don't care too much about it, as I'm more worried in driving than admiring the landscape. I noticed that the colour gamma it's lighter and less "cartoonish" by the way.
And I like the cars.

AI:
Light and shadows for now. In F1 2011 they absolutely don't attack you. Never.
in this chapter i didn't see too much differences. Or, perhaps, i saw that in the straights they are pretty fast, and some of them passed me, but when it comes a turn, they don't try to overtake (maybe i was too far away to try "safe" )
I found pretty good that, in a race, I was right behind Kobayashi in the main straight of Monza. i was ready to overtake him with drs on, and then he defended his position by going on the right side of the track and not permitting me to go on the internal side for the first chicane.
I really appreciated it!

Sound:
WOW

As a final comment, we have to wait 10 days to understand well how good it's F1 2012, as these demo builds never express the real quality of the title.
For now, I love it way MOORE than F1 2011. Do you agree?

So what about Slipstream because in F1 2011 it doesn't work (only for AI) ;(

What I read about that you can't attack the kerbs is worrying. Perhaps the current (2011) version is a bit unrealistic in what you can get away with but now it sounds like it has gone back to the 2010 version. In that case driving around Singapore will be a nightmare once again.

What I read about that you can't attack the kerbs is worrying. Perhaps the current (2011) version is a bit unrealistic in what you can get away with but now it sounds like it has gone back to the 2010 version. In that case driving around Singapore will be a nightmare once again.

I must say that my worst enemies are the two kerbs of the Lesmo turns. Maybe it's depending on the fact that the track there is a bit descending, but those two kerbs can be dangerous.
The Ascari's chicane kerbs never spins my car..

A proper setup can avoid this problem, I think...

This just negates the concept of demo. It should be a showcase for the full thing where you can appreciate the niceties and convinces you to buy.It is not a beta, its a demo. You _are_ supposed to judge based on it.

AI is not good even in the one and only track of the demo. Expecting that it will be polished for the 20 circuits in a week? Yeah sure.

This just negates the concept of demo. It should be a showcase for the full thing where you can appreciate the niceties and convinces you to buy.It is not a beta, its a demo. You _are_ supposed to judge based on it.

AI is not good even in the one and only track of the demo. Expecting that it will be polished for the 20 circuits in a week? Yeah sure.
the difficulty is NOT set to Legend..so we can't have a clear view of AI until we play the game...

The A.I.'s good, it's just too slow so it doesn't really attack... I've been passed in my first attempts, DRS and not, but afterward when I got used to the game I just got pole and ran away easily with it.

Three reasons the A.I is slow (I always play on LEGEND, you can put it in-game)

1. Unproper use of KERS (I gain loads of time in S1 using it exiting the chicane)
2. Too careful on the start (You can gain 10 positions without being reckless with proper car placement and KERS use)
3. Just damn slow in the tight stuff, they are decent in the quick sections from what I've seen (I was using a low downforce setup though, I wonder if the A.I. uses different kind of setups ?)

The A.I.'s good, it's just too slow so it doesn't really attack... I've been passed in my first attempts, DRS and not, but afterward when I got used to the game I just got pole and ran away easily with it.

Three reasons the A.I is slow (I always play on LEGEND, you can put it in-game)

1. Unproper use of KERS (I gain loads of time in S1 using it exiting the chicane)
2. Too careful on the start (You can gain 10 positions without being reckless with proper car placement and KERS use)
3. Just damn slow in the tight stuff, they are decent in the quick sections from what I've seen (I was using a low downforce setup though, I wonder if the A.I. uses different kind of setups ?)
From Codemasters:
Today we’re very happy to announce the final dates for the F1 2012 demo! Starting next week the demo will be available on the following dates.

• Xbox 360 - 10/09/12
  • PlayStation 3 - (USA) 11/09/12
  • PC via Steam - 11/09/12
  • PlayStation 3 - (EU) 12/09/12
  • PlayStation 3 - (Japan) 24/09/12
The F1 2012 demo will allow players to try out two of the game’s new features, the first day of the Young Driver Test and the first race of Season Challenge at Monza!

It should be noted that the game’s toughest A.I difficulty does not feature in the demo. The Legend A.I difficulty option is only present in Career and Quick Race, both available in the main game.

In conjunction with the demo’s release we’ll also be running a competition to win some awesome F1 2012 prizes. We will be revealing more about this in the next few days right here on our blog.

If you have any questions regarding the demo please let us know! We can’t wait to hear what you think.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.6%