F1 2012 F1 2012 DataLogger

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Despite of that guy stole many mod in here, he gave the permission of his work for releasing mod in here(I don't want to mention which mod it is). It's very irony, isn't it?

You can't because it's a package. If you didn't like the way it is, don't use it or make it yourself. It's a simple and fundamental rule of modding.

I'm very sorry for let you down. But, to be honest, I can't have a motivation for release preparation(and beta testing). In fact, lap timer is still early stage quality and I didn't fix bugs or even try to because they are minor thing for me.

If I would fix all remain bug and update document, there is still need to test on users environment. Based on past beta test experience, I can't expect enough help from others because this mod is very niche and not so popular. Almost all people in here take what they want but they never cooperate with author when author needs their help, except a few people.

I believe I don't expect too much. But this game mod forum atmosphere has been changed since F1 2012 was released, especially after the game was cracked. No respect for others, pirates are active and selfish or childish posts are everywhere. I would love to share what I did with other members, but I can't be happy under this atmosphere. There are too many noises for continue to modding, at least for me. When this forum return to it used to be, I'll be glad to share my efforts.

I'm sorry about all of this post is so negative.

You are definitely right. The forum isn't the same place it was last year. Last year it was all friendly & nice. Now people are spying on each other, they're sending disrespectful messages & etc.

Yeah, the game is cracked. But so was 2011, right? I don't know, does your mod work without a patched game? There's no logical reason it shouldn't tho. So yeah..

As for testers, for my AI mods, I've had Kartik Sri Harsha to test my mods. He does some intense testing and he's always been fast. The only problem is, he doesn't know English that well, so sometimes it's hard. But as a tester, he's the best I've had. Maybe you should just open a thread and say that you need testers. I'm pretty sure some people will come.

As for mod popularity, maybe it's because it's in Modding guides & FAQs. To be honest, I found it pretty late. And I didn't find it because I went into this section, but I saw a video on YouTube with this HUD. If you change your thread title to something more attractive and move it to "F1 2012 Mods", I'm pretty sure it'll get a lot of attention. :p

It is quite negative yeah :(

But I'm fully with Kristian Nenov on this, ignore the haters - there will always be more lovers, and we'd love to have your work here.

Why let someone ruin it for everyone else?

The Staff Team have been working hard to keep order in the threads, to the point of stopping W.I.P Threads because of the trouble caused in those.

I'm sure people would be willing to help - infact I have no doubt in that.

I'm sorry about I'm so negative thinking. I'm angry about F1pole issue and I'm hard to think positively at this point. And I always appreciate staff's hard work.

When F1 2010 and F1 2011, this mod only used game function. So cracked or not didn't matter to this mod. On the other hand, since version 2.0 of this mod, it uses internal data of the game. That's why I need to test on every update of this mod.

I was actually helped very much by two very patience person when beta test of this mod v2.0. And also for my other mod half dozen people were helped me. So maybe you think that's enough number of testers, but I don't think so. The reason why is simple. My mod use internal data. To retrieve these data, mod should follow the pointer chain(I'm sorry it's technical term). The problem is those pointer chain never same on every users environment. So the number of testers are larger, I could get more robust result. In fact, 2 testers was not enough for that and we were repeatedly go through same procedure. On the contrary, on my other mod test, we were done by one attempt.

Anyway, I have only stopped to publish or update my mod. And I want to back if situation turns well. For now, that's only thing I can say and I'm sure.

Well, I'm sorry kenken. I don't know what else to say to motivate you more. But I definitely think you should release your mods. They look A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I'm still using your HUD and it really helps a lot. I just.. Don't know what else to say.. Sorry :D
Actually, I reconsidered my decision. Because I don't want to ignore and disrespect decent people in here. I took your advice, guys. I'll continue to update it. But I change my stance. I'll ignore all post which contains selfish or disrespect I think. And I'll also ignore all post written by who I don't want to get involved with. Perhaps, these are very arrogant and selfish but I think it's the only way for me. Of course, it doesn't mean I won't response to criticize or argue. I'll take it seriously as far as it leads to positive consequence.

So I'm going to start to develop for release. Here is my original list of version 2.1. I'm thinking I should release one by one, not all at once.

1. Timing table(finished)
2. Lap timer(not finished)
3. indicator position option(partially finished, speedometer and pit board are not finished)

I ask all user of this MOD. Which one of them do you want most? Or which one of them don't you interest?

By the way, below items are not going to happen, never. All objection about this list will be ignored and denied.
1. make instruction video.
2. OSD only mod.
3. look like official TV OSD.

Actually, I reconsidered my decision. Because I don't want to ignore and disrespect decent people in here. I took your advice, guys. I'll continue to update it. But I change my stance. I'll ignore all post which contains selfish or disrespect I think. And I'll also ignore all post written by who I don't want to get involved with. Perhaps, these are very arrogant and selfish but I think it's the only way for me. Of course, it doesn't mean I won't response to criticize or argue. I'll take it seriously as far as it leads to positive consequence.

So I'm going to start to develop for release. Here is my original list of version 2.1. I'm thinking I should release one by one, not all at once.

1. Timing table(finished)
2. Lap timer(not finished)
3. indicator position option(partially finished, speedometer and pit board are not finished)

I ask all user of this MOD. Which one of them do you want most? Or which one of them don't you interest?

By the way, below items are not going to happen, never. All objection about this list will be ignored and denied.
1. make instruction video.
2. OSD only mod.
3. look like official TV OSD.

Yes!! Awesome!! Thanks! :thumbsup:

As for which I'm most interested. I'm not sure how they're all named, but this thing in the left with all the info where is everybody and the one in the right with session/fastest/latest/current are very useful to me.

And the thing in the middle that tells me which lap it is how long the race is and etc would be the last in the list imo. :)

And what does this mean on the left along with the timing?
5 O
5 O
5 O
5 O
7 O [[red]] ?

Wow kenken,
this is very very great to hear!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm very glad to see you back and let me say again THANKS for your work and your comeback !!!

Greets!
I don't know this decision end up to where. Another disaster or happy ending. I hope this is the right decision.

Yes!! Awesome!! Thanks! :thumbsup:

As for which I'm most interested. I'm not sure how they're all named, but this thing in the left with all the info where is everybody and the one in the right with session/fastest/latest/current are very useful to me.

And the thing in the middle that tells me which lap it is how long the race is and etc would be the last in the list imo. :)

And what does this mean on the left along with the timing?
5 O
5 O
5 O
5 O
7 O [[red]] ?
I appreciate your advice and encouragement.

Left one is timing table and middle one is debug information which should be disabled in release version.

In timing table, each row shows (position). (name) (time diff. from the leader) (the number of pit stop) (current tire compound). And red means this driver is on pit road. This info only shows in race. I can say I completely disabled the moron race engineer's voice since I use this timing table.

If you make it possible to see which driver what fuel mixture is using, there will be absolutely no need of Engineer! Can't wait for it! :D
Do you really need mixture of each drivers? Because we can guess from time difference which driver is attacking or cruising as in real world. More immediate problem is I don't find these data in memory yet. I'll try to find out but I can't any guarantee about when it comes.

Do you really need mixture of each drivers? Because we can guess from time difference which driver is attacking or cruising as in real world. More immediate problem is I don't find these data in memory yet. I'll try to find out but I can't any guarantee about when it comes.

I was more thinking about it's gonna be useful for online. All of this will work online, right? :p

Given the circumstances, I think timing table and the other feature should be released separately. So I'll start beta test of timing table at the end of this week. The test will be 2 stages, find out correct pointer chains and test the function of timing table. If you know nothing about pointer chains finding process, see 'Visor View Mod' thread page 29 - 34.

Given the circumstances, I think timing table and the other feature should be released separately. So I'll start beta test of timing table at the end of this week. The test will be 2 stages, find out correct pointer chains and test the function of timing table. If you know nothing about pointer chains finding process, see 'Visor View Mod' thread page 29 - 34.

So it's going to be an open beta test?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back